996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Transform your GT700 now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joetwint
This coming from a guy who 3 weeks ago told us about a "New Age in Tuning" (EPL LAB) and has quickly turned his back on them and gone with Proto.That's all well and good but do really know what you want or what is involved in the build?You do realize the Evo gt800 fuel system consists of more than just a couple of $300 dollar pumps.Let us know where you end up money(I am sure you will be honest) wise when it is all said and done........if you switch from a 700 -950 for under 20k well then there are a few of us on this board that are not too smart(UMW,Proto,and Evoms included).Are you gonna tell us how EPL did you wrong next?
25k takes me full Motor build and where I want to be with Proto/IA/VIVID homey. Enjoy your car as I will enjoy mine! Sorry I don't have your Money...

Old 11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Are you gonna tell us how EPL did you wrong next?

At least my tuners pick up the phone and return calls! ALL OF US ARE NOT LUCKY LIKE YOU TO HAVE TODD ZUCCONE ON SPEED DIAL RIGHT, BUDDY! PTTTH!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 08:14 PM
So Joe tell me about the gt800 fuel system Prior to the Hitachi Maf. Tell me exactly what was part of it? YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT EVOMS TELL ME WHAT WAS THERE BEFORE HITACHI, EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW? I wasnt ready to have an ugly box in my trunk with an external Cheap Aeromotive pump when its clearly not necessary. Todd Knighton can directly tell you( YES HIMSELF LOL) that with two 044 pumps and PROPER SIZED INJECTORS, they have net 820rwhp. I GUESS ITS ALL ON THE TUNE BUT HEY NOT ALL OF US GET GARRETT LIM TO DIRECTLY TUNE OUR CARS. Custom tuning is the answer!

AGAIN TELL ME WHAT THE GT800 FUEL SYSTEM WAS PRIOR TO THE HITACHI MAF?

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:18 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
25k takes me full Motor build and where I want to be with Proto/IA/VIVID homey. Enjoy your car as I will enjoy mine! Sorry I don't have your Money...
Well I am happy for you Suman but can let me know (via pm if you like)when it is finished how much you spent all said and done..............me thinks it will be more or you won't get to 950 but I guess I could be wrong.
P.S. I didn't realize you were checking my bank statements.LOL

Old 11-21-2007, 08:21 PM
P.S. I didn't realize you were checking my bank statements.LOL

Dont need to I can read your signature and see your garage pics to know you are loaded! LOL

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
So Joe tell me about the gt800 fuel system Prior to the Hitachi Maf. Tell me exactly what was part of it? YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT EVOMS TELL ME WHAT WAS THERE BEFORE HITACHI, EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW? I wasnt ready to have an ugly box in my trunk with an external Cheap Aeromotive pump when its clearly not necessary. Todd Knighton can directly tell you that with two 044 pumps and PROPER SIZED INJECTORS, they have net 820rwhp. I GUESS ITS ALL ON THE TUNE BUT HEY NOT ALL OF US GET GARRETT LIM TO DIRECTLY TUNE OUR CARS. Custom tuning is the answer!

AGAIN TELL ME WHAT THE GT800 FUEL SYSTEM WAS PRIOR TO THE HITACHI MAF?
Actually my fuel system is the same Hitachi or not ....I don't get the question.My car is one of the first of the new GT800 fuel systems and is what you were probably gonna get.My car has A "cheap" as you say Aeromotive Eliminator Pump and Electronic controller(Limits pump output for cruising) ,-10 supply and -8 return lines,Aeromotive regulator,2 billet Aeromotive fuel filters.custom EVO billet fuel rails with -10 cross overs,83LB injectors(just installed),modified fuel tank(dual pickup and removed swell pot)and custom install.Garrett Lim did not directly tune my car.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Dont need to I can read your signature and see your garage pics to know you are loaded! LOL
Funny,but you ain't doing so bad yourself.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:40 PM
At least my tuners pick up the phone and return calls! ALL OF US ARE NOT LUCKY LIKE YOU TO HAVE TODD ZUCCONE ON SPEED DIAL RIGHT, BUDDY! PTTTH!!!!!!
Actually they don't answer my call everytime either......but I guess it doesn't bother me that much because I know when all is said and done my car will be done right ......which is all that matters to me .......but then again I do know them fairly well.....I can see how others aren't as patient.Each his own I guess.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
This coming from a guy who 3 weeks ago told us about a "New Age in Tuning" (EPL LAB) and has quickly turned his back on them and gone with Proto.That's all well and good but do really know what you want or what is involved in the build?You do realize the Evo gt800 fuel system consists of more than just a couple of $300 dollar pumps.Let us know where you end up money(I am sure you will be honest) wise when it is all said and done........if you switch from a 700 -950 for under 20k well then there are a few of us on this board that are not too smart(UMW,Proto,and Evoms included).Are you gonna tell us how EPL did you wrong next?

Joe

I think Suman is getting the tune from EPL still. The motor was done by IA. Proto, from what I understand is putting the hardware on.

Jag

Old 11-21-2007, 09:55 PM
My car is one of the first of the new GT800 fuel systems and is what you were probably gonna get.
You were describing my fuel system as 2 300 dollar pumps when for 2+ years the gt800 kit was running off a Bosch drop in. What you listed can be put together for less then 3k. Turbos I got from you know who for 5400. If the tune was 1000 (cause of upgrading from gt700) whats that add up to. Oh wait then I have to give them my turbos for god know what they use them for. your sitll under 8,500 lets says another even 3k for profit and R&D ( Garrett Lim's Services) Your still at 12,500 minus motor build. 22,500-12,500= 10,000 for Evoms to nab for an OTS kit? no thanks

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Joe

I think Suman is getting the tune from EPL still. The motor was done by IA. Proto, from what I understand is putting the hardware on.

Jag
Proto is simply providing wisdom and a few goodies. This is an IA car which Stephen and I have been taking step by step. A learning experience at the same time.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 PM
You were describing my fuel system as 2 300 dollar pumps when for 2+ years the gt800 kit was running off a Bosch drop in. What you listed can be put together for less then 3k. Turbos I got from you know who for 5400. If the tune was 1000 (cause of upgrading from gt700) whats that add up to. Oh wait then I have to give them my turbos for god know what they use them for. your sitll under 8,500 lets says another even 3k for profit and R&D ( Garrett Lim's Services) Your still at 12,500 minus motor build. 22,500-12,500= 10,000 for Evoms to nab for an OTS kit? no thanks
OK Suman but what your not factoring in is the R&D(much more than 3000LOL...my car Craig's and the Evo twin probably have 2 weeks in total dyno time developing that fuel system which is not maxxed at those levels),I would like to see how long it would take you to find all the parts,lines,fittings and install it correctly without anyone showing you a thing .....give it a try and tell me how long it takes ya.Your also not factoring any problems that may arise because it is a custom setup contrary to what you might believe.Remember one thing though......that OTS kit is still the fastest 996 TT on this board to date.Good luck ...I hope it all works out for ya!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Remember one thing though......that OTS kit is still the fastest 996 TT on this board to date.Good luck ...I hope it all works out for ya!

This is the truth you got me there! I'm sure that's everyones plan! Just remember times are meant to be broken. I no way am I implying myself but it happens. Why go OTS when you can explore uncharted territory or just plain tuned your car to how you want it. THE HUNT FOR WHO CAN BEAT A 700LB LIGHTENED 780rwhp RWD 996tt EVERYBODY, LETS DO IT!!!!! Thats not everyones Agenda... Some people just want to have fun gear to gear with there catalytic converters still in place... but your right EVOMS has the fastest 1/4 mile 996tt on this forum....what can I SAY YOU GOT ME!

Last edited by Highhats; 11-21-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
This is the truth you got me there! I'm sure that's everyones plan! Just remember times are meant to be broken. I no way am I implying myself but it happens. Why go OTS when you can explore uncharted territory or just plain tuned your car to how you want it. THE HUNT FOR WHO CAN BEAT A 700LB LIGHTENED 780rwhp RWD 996tt EVERYBODY, LETS DO IT!!!!! Thats not everyones Agenda... Some people just want to have fun gear to gear with there catalytic converters still in place... but your right EVOMS has the fastest 1/4 mile 996tt on this forum....what can I SAY YOU GOT ME!
Just a friendly debateI too like to have fun gear to gear.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:27 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Suman

can't wait to see your results - you know this brother

Jag

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transform your GT700 now!