996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Transform your GT700 now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
OK now boys...........Time to have some cold beer and turkey and relax

Old 11-22-2007, 01:20 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
Dont need to I can read your signature and see your garage pics to know you are loaded! LOL
Yup, Joe will be my next best man!!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
you might believe.Remember one thing though......that OTS kit is still the fastest 996 TT on this board to date.Good luck ...I hope it all works out for ya!
A lot of money, labor, and research has to go into a OTS car to run Special numbers. Very few people on this board can afford to do what Evoms did to that car... if any.
You guys are bickering about pointless stuff. If all the dirt came out on the tuners I dare to say that we all would fold our tents and run for the hills...
So just let it be... to each his own... and hope you get what your promised...

markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-22-2007, 01:53 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
A lot of money, labor, and research has to go into a OTS car to run Special numbers. Very few people on this board can afford to do what Evoms did to that car... if any.
You guys are bickering about pointless stuff. If all the dirt came out on the tuners I dare to say that we all would fold our tents and run for the hills...
So just let it be... to each his own... and hope you get what your promised...

markski

Mark,

I agree, The difference is how they address there issues...Just look at the garbage I went through!

Thomas

Last edited by topgun; 11-22-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:05 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
I thought this thread was about a 700 kit?

Old 11-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mike@evo
Buddy, over the phone I highly recommended not for you to install a boost controller to get some cheap power. You say you have not dynoed the car but you say that the A/F ratio is good? Where did you get that data from? Narrow Band 02? There a lot more variables to this extra HP then just boost. What are the injectors running at for all this boost? What is the EXACT octane of the fuel you are running? Octane booster? Some details please... Buddy, please when you have a few min. to spare tomorrow give me a call! I got your e mail to Todd; we can go over what you are looking to do.

We have sold over 200 GT700 kits all over the world!

IF YOUR MOTOR IS STOCK OR MODIFIED I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT INSTALLING A BOOST CONTROLER!!
Hey MIKE. I've called a couple of times and sent a couple of e-mails over the past few weeks to talk about this. Haven't heard back from anyone. Perhaps you can explain this further....

ALSO - I'm still getting Check engine lights. I've emailed and called about this too. Haven't heard back. Actually, the 2 people I referred to you for 700 kits are getting the same CEL's - Even on MS109. The new file has not fixed this issue. Any advice?

Mike

Old 11-22-2007, 09:32 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Lots of good tuners...some better than others??

As things are heating up...It will be another really fun year (08) with lots
of really powerful cars; Coast to Coast.

Hope to see you all at the TX mile in March where we can flat foot it during the day
and bench race at night!

Best,

Marty K.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:43 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Marty I hope to meet you there! Should be a blast!

Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I am so excited for March! I hope to meet all these gear heads and check out all the different Packages! I am thinking about puting together a Porsche cruz to Galveston Island if enough of us shows up?? GI is a great place and only 45 minutes from Houston.
Cheers
Robert

Old 11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Hey MIKE. I've called a couple of times and sent a couple of e-mails over the past few weeks to talk about this. Haven't heard back from anyone. Perhaps you can explain this further....

ALSO - I'm still getting Check engine lights. I've emailed and called about this too. Haven't heard back. Actually, the 2 people I referred to you for 700 kits are getting the same CEL's - Even on MS109. The new file has not fixed this issue. Any advice?

Mike
What CEL is your car setting off?

Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI

markski
Right back at ya + a driver my brutha!It was a little friendly ribbing for Suman.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jags911tt
What CEL is your car setting off?
Every Day I get P0171 - cylinder 1 lean. ALWAYS happens at idle. If not cleared, P0174 will show - bank 2 lean condition. Seems like something is wrong with the no load MAP, particuliarily after coming off of load. Like the ECU is having big troubles changing MAPs.

More recently I've started getting P0491, P0492 - secondary air injection problems.

I'm considering going back to the OEM air box. (again) I thought the new MAF was going to clean up these old demons.

Mike

Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Every Day I get P0171 - cylinder 1 lean. ALWAYS happens at idle. If not cleared, P0174 will show - bank 2 lean condition. Seems like something is wrong with the no load MAP, particuliarily after coming off of load. Like the ECU is having big troubles changing MAPs.

More recently I've started getting P0491, P0492 - secondary air injection problems.

I'm considering going back to the OEM air box. (again) I thought the new MAF was going to clean up these old demons.

Mike
That makes two of us. i get the 174 and 171 codes. but this only happens when im driving around at low rpms. Regardless, this issue needs to be addressed.

Jag

Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jags911tt
That makes two of us. i get the 174 and 171 codes. but this only happens when im driving around at low rpms. Regardless, this issue needs to be addressed.

Jag
You are likely getting some loading up at low RPM's given all of the extra fueling your car needs. Probably could change plugs this time of year which would alleviate the issue. I tend to run rich, myself, and I will occasionally get a misfire if I have been doing in-town driving for a couple of weeks without any highway cruising.

I fixed that last weekend, in spades, by driving to GRays Harbor and back; so consider the value of putting some miles on the car to loosen it up a bit and coming back in with the breakin period done after which some extra tweaking might be in order or a change of plugs.

It's better to run it rich for now and have the occasional misfire (when cold) since in this weather, it takes a good 30 min of driving before you can even check the OIL levels.

Remember that if your'e going to swap out your turbos and start running 1.7BAR again, all bets are off and the cold plugs MUST go back in.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Banned
mike@evo is infamous around these parts
Jag, the reason you are getting those codes are because you have no cats. Mike check your PM.

Suman, I am sorry that you thought that the fueling kit was too much money or beyond your budget, but name a company that has a 800 hp kit for sale. There are very few!!! R&D costs have to be applied to these kits.

The reason that we take the GT700 kit as part of the core for GT800 is because we give you full credit for spending that money. If we were to allow the pre-owned kits to be sold used, the customers are now thinking that they just bolt it on and turn up the boost and now they have 700hp. The problem only occurs when they blow up there motor and pretty much drag our name through the dirt because they did not want to spend the money on programming. EVOLUTION MOTORSPORTS name is on that kit. Can you imagine if someone took a RUF kit off of a car and tried to sell it pre-owned without having them go over it or being involved.

I think that if you have the knowlege to build your own 950hp kit for 1/4 of the cost then do so, and I will buy it from you.

Have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!

Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transform your GT700 now!