996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Transform your GT700 now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Transform your GT700 now!

Okay now that I have had the Greddy boost controller and 5 bar fpr for a few weeks, I have to say that you MUST do this if you want more power from your GT700!

This thing is wicked fast now and I don't know why it doesn't come like this from Evoms in the first place.

My high boost with race gas is set to 1.5 bar steady and the AFR's are very good. I believe I can go to 1.6 bar and be safe at that point my turbo's are probably maxed out but I should be making close to 690 rwhp!

The one thing I will say is don't do this unless you have upgraded your internals, not worth hurting your motor for an additional 50 rwhp.

I love this thing, I will probably do the Porsche Motorsports gears this winter and be done for a while.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:38 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
Okay now that I have had the Greddy boost controller and 5 bar fpr for a few weeks, I have to say that you MUST do this if you want more power from your GT700!

This thing is wicked fast now and I don't know why it doesn't come like this from Evoms in the first place.

My high boost with race gas is set to 1.5 bar steady and the AFR's are very good. I believe I can go to 1.6 bar and be safe at that point my turbo's are probably maxed out but I should be making close to 690 rwhp!

The one thing I will say is don't do this unless you have upgraded your internals, not worth hurting your motor for an additional 50 rwhp.

I love this thing, I will probably do the Porsche Motorsports gears this winter and be done for a while.
Buddy dyno that car already!

Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I don't have third gear!

Old 11-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Nice upgrade....even considering it on mine....are you running a egt gauge? If so...where did you mount it...pics? where did you mount the greddy?

Chris

Old 11-17-2007, 02:15 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
yeah, where is everyone mounting the Greddy's?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by $manager
yeah, where is everyone mounting the Greddy's?
Mine is mounted directly under my stereo head unit, and the AFR gauge will be there as well.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:12 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
I don't have third gear!
YOU DON'T NEED IT. DO A 4TH GEAR PULL

Old 11-17-2007, 04:56 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
i'm also curious w/ a dyno. the boost controller probably ramps up on the boost much quicker which makes it feel much faster.

i only push 19.5psi (too lazy to convert) peak, maybe 20-21psi on a good day in 4th or 5th long pull.

do you have a separate boost gauge? or are you using the stock gauge? the stock gauge is *completely* unreliable and i don't believe a word it says (from experience, too slow to catch up...)

if you have a real boost gauge, where is it tapped? where it's tapped will also make a difference in the boost pressure it reads.

and as jags says, you only 4th gear for a dyno pull - do it!

- chuck

Old 11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by carendt242
i'm also curious w/ a dyno. the boost controller probably ramps up on the boost much quicker which makes it feel much faster.

i only push 19.5psi (too lazy to convert) peak, maybe 20-21psi on a good day in 4th or 5th long pull.

do you have a separate boost gauge? or are you using the stock gauge? the stock gauge is *completely* unreliable and i don't believe a word it says (from experience, too slow to catch up...)

if you have a real boost gauge, where is it tapped? where it's tapped will also make a difference in the boost pressure it reads.

and as jags says, you only 4th gear for a dyno pull - do it!

- chuck
The Greddy has a built in boost controller and we plugged in a real time ebd tool to read both banks for afrs. I will see about that dyno.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
carendt242

The Greddy boost controller is a boost gauge, too. The display on the Greddy shows boost at all times. It is a second boost gauge...

Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 AM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about

BuddyG, nice work!! So you couldnt change your boost settings before? What was your max boost before Greddy BC?

And you're right, why doesnt that kit come with EBC from EVOM? Are you running GT28s? Besides rod and studs, what other internal mods did you do?

thnx

Old 11-18-2007, 09:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
John,

Where did you get the blank plate of Carbon fibre and the AFR gauge?

Looks really nice!

MK

Old 11-18-2007, 09:40 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Marty,

I fabricated the Greddy plate from a CD holder and sent it out to be coated (McCarbon). I am going to do the same for the Brockway 920 din plate this winter so that it matches. I have a little work to do to make it sit flush and then I will sent it out to McCarbon for the CF treatment...It's like doing bodywork - just get it flush and sanded flat, then send it out. It will come back perfect and you will never know whats underneath.

The AFR gauge is a brockway 920 with dual bank monitoring (dual bank was by request, but maybe stock now as they were going to introduce it for all models at some point)
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/r920.html

Here is a before picture:

Last edited by John D; 11-18-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, just went to the Brockway enginering website.......Very cool.....do our cars come with wideband O2 sensors... or is this unit truly plug and play for showing EGT's and Boost?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Yes, wide band. This is a plug and play - it remains plugged into the OBD2 port and gets all data from the directly from the ECU data. However, EGT and Boost require additional connections and hardware. ECT and IAT are plug and play.

Last edited by John D; 11-18-2007 at 09:54 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Transform your GT700 now!