996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

JRZ suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 10:33 AM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
JRZ suspension

Does anyone have the JRZ suspension setup in a Turbo?

Pro's and Con's
Any input would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Exotic Performance
xico is infamous around these parts
i dont know about JRZ on a turbo . i know moton is really good on porsche's, i am having it installed on my car this week at Orbit Racing by Roger .You may want to call him for info on JRZ, he is really knowlegable on suspension. His # is 561-745-9312 . i hope i was able to help.

Old 05-26-2004, 12:40 PM
NJPete996TT is infamous around these parts
I was too impatient to wait for the Pss9's to come out so i up'd for the JRZ's instead. Hardly drove the car without it, stock suspension was just too soft for me. I ended up getting the coilover unit with the integrated resv., the gt2 sways, and 300/500 springs. If i am not mistaken it lowered it 17mm front and 19mm back.

If its nice out one day next week i will bring it home and maybe we could meet up and you could check it out.

Pete

Old 05-26-2004, 01:20 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Re: JRZ suspension

Originally posted by vipertestarossa
Does anyone have the JRZ suspension setup in a Turbo?

Pro's and Con's
Any input would be greatly appreciated
I have had the JRZ triple adjustable for about two years. Decided to upgrade the the 4 Way Adjustable. There is no comparison to anything else that I have seen out there.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:35 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Are there any pictures or online information available for the JRZ's?

As I understand it, JRZ's and Motons are both manufactured in the Netherlands. I believe the J in JRZ is now the owner of Moton.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:37 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice

Old 05-26-2004, 01:41 PM
KPV
From The Racer's Group Website:
http://www.theracersgroup.com/parts/...cks/shocks.htm

We are the distributor for JRZ in North America. JRZ shocks are handmade in Holland to the highest standards of materials and workmanship. We not only sell JRZ shocks but also are a service center for parts and repair.

JRZ Shocks are available in Single, Double, and Triple adjustable configurations. We have bolt on set ups for Porsches, BMWs and most common sports cars. We also have the ability to custom build a set for your application.

McPherson Struts
McPherson Stut, Single Adjustable, Porsche, BMW etc. $820.00
McPherson Stut, Double Adjustable, Porsche, BMW etc. $1225.00
McPherson Stut, Triple Adjustable, Porsche, BMW etc. $1390.00
McPherson Stut, Single Adjustable, Porsche 911, with spindle $1200.00
McPherson Stut, Double Adjustable, Porsche 911, with spindle $1615.00
McPherson Stut, Triple Adjustable, Porsche 911, with spindle $1790.00

Aluminum Eyelet Dampers
Single Adjustable Aluminum Coilover Damper 40mm Body $510.00
Single Adjustable Aluminum Coilover Damper 46mm Body $540.00
Double Adjustable Aluminum Coilover Damper 46mm Body $1025.00
Triple Adjustable Aluminum Coilover Damper 46mm Body $1225.00

Operation

The JRZ damper is a state of the art, aluminum bodied, gas-pressurized damper with remote reservoir. Utilizing a unique valving system, the damper provides fine, firm damping control combined with excellent ride, handling, and powerdown characteristics, extending tire life and performance considerably.

The controls for the independent adjustable rebound and compression forces are located on top of the piston rod for rebound and on the remote reservoir for compression damping. The rebound adjuster operates an adjuster wheel at the bottom of the piston rod, closing off or opening up more orifices drilled into the piston rod, which offers precise rebound adjustment with 15 different positions. The compression is two-way adjustable. One adjuster operates the very low velocity range by selecting different size orifices (6 positions), and a second adjuster takes care of the mid-range velocity of the curve by changing the preload on the blow-off valve (15 positions).

The system uses a remote gas/fluid reservoir, combining the best features of a monotube high-pressure gas damper for rebound control, and the compression control of a twin tube gas pressurized system. The JRZ design allows the engineer to vary the gas pressure from a low of 4 bar to a high of 20 bar, supporting the sprung weight with a force ranging from 15.2kg to 75.8kg, which offers stability without over damping the suspension and without making use of packers unnecessarily. The basic valving of the JRZ damper offers an excellent compromise damping characteristic for most cars using spring rates from 300lbs/inch to 1200 lbs/inch. For higher or lower spring rates we recommend discussing your specific requirements with our engineering department to find the correct valving.

The valving system is very sensitive and reacts to small setting changes. One sweep of rebound or one click of bump provides enough of a change for the driver to feel the difference in handling. Bear in mind that a damper is a component working in a complex system and has to be tuned to the other components in the suspension system to deliver optimal performance.

How JRZ Dampers Are Different - And Better

Simply put, what's different about a JRZ shock is that it's a better design. All changes to the valving are made by making adjustments on the outside of the shock - meaning you don't have to take the shocks apart every time you change track conditions.

Modern race cars rely on ground effects, or downforce, to generate higher corner speeds and to generate grip. The suspension is expected to use very little travel in order to keep the aerodynamic changes to a minimum. The JRZ damping design provides maximum fluid displacement at small suspension travels, responding to the slightest movement of the suspension, supporting the aerodynamic efficiency and providing excellent mechanical grip and damping control at low and high-speed running. To achieve those excellent characteristics, the JRZ suspension system utilizes design features such as:

Large 22mm piston rod for direct response compression control
Large 46mm piston for direct response rebound control
Large non-preloaded deflective disc stack for traction and smooth damping control
Orifice rebound adjustment for exact fluid control
Unique compression valving system in fluid/gas reservoir
Large gas volume capable of accepting large fluid displacements without harshness
Unique orifice adjustment for precise compression damping tuning
Very responsive damping force adjustment system
JRZ dampers require very little maintenance. The unique combination of valve stack, orifice adjustment and compression damping characteristics have proven to be very effective over a wide range of track conditions. There is no need to revalve the damper every time the racecar runs on a another track. However, when necessary, the damper can be rebuilt in a very short time by team technician.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:42 PM
KPV

Old 05-26-2004, 01:45 PM
KPV

Old 05-26-2004, 01:46 PM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
Xico,

Please post a full writeup on the Moton, and pictures too. Btw, did you get Moton Clubsport?

Chad,

I never heard anything above 4 way adjustable......could you please tell us more about this setup.

Old 05-26-2004, 01:50 PM
HKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really niceHKE46Boy is just really nice
Moton Clubsport

Old 05-26-2004, 02:11 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by HKE46Boy
Xico,

Please post a full writeup on the Moton, and pictures too. Btw, did you get Moton Clubsport?

Chad,

I never heard anything above 4 way adjustable......could you please tell us more about this setup.
I believe Porsche Motorsport came out with them early this year on the GT3 RS. JRZ now has them available. They are two way adjustable on both compression and rebound.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:43 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Thanks everyone

Pete, hope you can stop by, try and stop by today with your daily driver, I have my buddy's awesome arctic silver Turbo in my shop for some upgrades

Xico, I have to stop looking at you car, it is costing me too much money!

Ken, my friend, Are you getting much rest, Im not!