996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

For 700hp...bottom line, how much $$$?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Afg
Afg is infamous around these parts
its depends .. which company ur going with .. but i perfer proto .. good luck

Old 11-24-2007, 06:17 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Yeah!

Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
A simple but very telling story...

Texas Mile this year:
Todd Zuccone's personal highly modded 997TT == 187 mph
My 996TT == 190.7
any questions ??

same day, conditions, etc
Congrats Marty!

Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Bottom line is it is cheaper to buy someone else's modified twin then doing it yourself. You could buy a car like mine with everything done for probably 70 to 80 and just get in a drive.

Too bad I wasn't smart enough to do that!

Old 11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah....Thats what worked for me.........so why am i looking at the Big Dogs and wanting more power???

Old 11-24-2007, 09:01 AM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
the more power you make, the less streetable your car is.. suprisingly, the thirst for power never stops..

Old 12-04-2007, 12:44 PM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
If buying a gt700 car what sort of big cost should one expect over a few years of ownership (assuming it was built right and not abused). I can't really find much info on what breaks in these cars, should one expect much beyond cluth and brakes? I'm coming from the supra world and trying to not assume (unless its true) that nothing really breaks lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Just a post to subscribe.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:06 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
Bottom line is it is cheaper to buy someone else's modified twin then doing it yourself. You could buy a car like mine with everything done for probably 70 to 80 and just get in a drive.

Too bad I wasn't smart enough to do that!

Theres two gt700s in the f/s thread... one is 68k

Old 12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Theres two gt700s in the f/s thread... one is 68k
Wow. My current Mercedes is on lease till around May...

I can't wait to get outta this thing and hope into one of those. A deal like that is definitely one that I'm gonna jump all over. I actually had the #1 spot for that new Nissan GT-R but the dealer is going to charge $20k+ over sticker . So I'll be more than happy with a 700hp 996TT. Till then, I'll be chillin on the forums learning what I can and watching how deals go. Thanks everyone.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Clutch, brakes, tires...coilpacks eventually, if you're really unlucky......trans rebuild.....not too bad considering.....

Originally Posted by AdamW81
If buying a gt700 car what sort of big cost should one expect over a few years of ownership (assuming it was built right and not abused). I can't really find much info on what breaks in these cars, should one expect much beyond cluth and brakes? I'm coming from the supra world and trying to not assume (unless its true) that nothing really breaks lol.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AdamW81
engine (if it hasn't been fortified)
hitachi maf (if it's an EVO w/ the older maf)
odd parts in tranny that can leave one stranded
clutch every 20k miles (although mine did last 27k miles)
plugs, coilpacks, & fuel filter every 10-15k miles
fuel pump every 20k miles
oil change every 3-5k miles
cats every 25k miles if you care about such a thing

i know i'm forgetting stuff... if it can break, i seem to have done it.

- chuck

Old 12-05-2007, 03:51 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Mine has been pretty trouble free (knocking on wood as a speak this garbage) and tons of fun!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
AdamW81 is infamous around these partsAdamW81 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carendt242
engine (if it hasn't been fortified)
hitachi maf (if it's an EVO w/ the older maf)
odd parts in tranny that can leave one stranded
clutch every 20k miles (although mine did last 27k miles)
plugs, coilpacks, & fuel filter every 10-15k miles
fuel pump every 20k miles
oil change every 3-5k miles
cats every 25k miles if you care about such a thing

i know i'm forgetting stuff... if it can break, i seem to have done it.

- chuck
Thanks for the responses guys, I figured some of those smaller things as well, but I would think things like fuel pump/plugs/coilpacks/etc are fairly low dollar items that would be part of maint. on any tt.

So it seems like its safe to say normal wear and tear items + maintenance and just make sure to get one with no trans problems and hope I don't get unlucky heh.

Are the chances of blowing the engine on a GT700 really that high if on pump gas/boost? It looks like most of the one's I've seen around do not have engine work done despite most of the threads saying you should on a GT700.