996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Happy Thanks Giving Gang!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Happy Thanks Giving Gang!

Hey folks, as a Brit living in the US, I just wanted to thank y'all for allowing me to live, work and generally be here! I for one am very humbled by the support you lot have given us. Take care everyone and seriously, it's a real pleasure to work with all of you guys/girls and I hope you all have a safe holiday!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
Back at you buddy, from what I hear you guys do great work, happy Thanks Giving and its great to have you in the hood.
Raw

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey folks, as a Brit living in the US, I just wanted to thank y'all for allowing me to live, work and generally be here! I for one am very humbled by the support you lot have given us. Take care everyone and seriously, it's a real pleasure to work with all of you guys/girls and I hope you all have a safe holiday!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
Cheers Alex! Hope you get pissed this weekend (Brit slang for you Yankees )!

Funny, talking to you, I didn't notice any English accent. We have an office in Pool, England and man do those guys love their cars and motorcycles!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P97
Cheers Alex! Hope you get pissed this weekend (Brit slang for you Yankees )!

Funny, talking to you, I didn't notice any English accent. We have an office in Pool, England and man do those guys love their cars and motorcycles!
see I feel right at home now Sad to say my drinking prowess would not stand up too well against the traditional English-boozers!

I've been here since 1998 and over the course of that time and being married to an LA-woman my accent has been nuetered. My mum gives me grief about it everytime she comes to visit....

PS I should be a US Citizen by this time next year

Old 11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Man Alex, Happy Thanksgiving to you and James..Sharkwerks has helped to elevate this community to a higher standard of class and stature.. Thanks for supporting the 6..Now go make some Yorkshire Pudding!!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sharkster
Sharky i had no idea you were also English, Happy Thanksgiving mate! I'll be giving you a call shortly to give you some business.

I actually just picked up my parents @ LAX last night as they came to celebrate with myself and our family out here. Also i lol'd at your comment about your mom givingyou grief over your accent - 90% of the arguments i have with my mom is when she informs me that i am speaking like an American and need to keep my accent and identity! I only get pissed because i know she's correct!

I too would like to wish all a happy Thanksgiving to all on the board,

Joshua.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:47 AM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
my mom makes yorkshire pudding for thanksgiving. she is british.

but bad news, thanksgiving aint till tomorrow

Old 11-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by 12:03
my mom makes yorkshire pudding for thanksgiving. she is british.

but bad news, thanksgiving aint till tomorrow
I wish she would next day me some Sheperds Pie! The only thing I can eat back there is Indian food, Chinese food and... Sheperds Pie!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by SmoothCab
Man Alex, Happy Thanksgiving to you and James..Sharkwerks has helped to elevate this community to a higher standard of class and stature.. Thanks for supporting the 6..Now go make some Yorkshire Pudding!!
Cheers very much Kenny Yorkshire Pudding... hehe... I'm from London and not the North. You need to watch Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells

Take care man and be safe- everyone put their cars/toys away for a few days and spend some time with the family....

Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by LABrit
Sharky i had no idea you were also English, Happy Thanksgiving mate! I'll be giving you a call shortly to give you some business.

I actually just picked up my parents @ LAX last night as they came to celebrate with myself and our family out here. Also i lol'd at your comment about your mom givingyou grief over your accent - 90% of the arguments i have with my mom is when she informs me that i am speaking like an American and need to keep my accent and identity! I only get pissed because i know she's correct!

I too would like to wish all a happy Thanksgiving to all on the board,

Joshua.
Hey Joshua, I love the screen name... Happy thanksgiving to you too mate... I know exactly where you are coming from. When I pick my mum up from SFO or LAX it only takes 30 seconds and then she goes "Why do you have to roll your L's blah blah?" The worst part now is that people think I'm Australian

Old 11-21-2007, 12:39 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
[quote=sharkster;1475034The worst part now is that people think I'm Australian[/quote]

Right there with you...it's such a bloody insult!

Where in London are you from? I was born and raised in Radlett and moved to Hampstead when i was 15.

Josh.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by LABrit
Right there with you...it's such a bloody insult!

Where in London are you from? I was born and raised in Radlett and moved to Hampstead when i was 15.

Josh.
ROFL The Aussies aren't all bad.. they're just better at sports than us...

I was born/raised in the Lancaster Gate area (right near Hyde Park) and went to Westminster School and then the LSE>

Old 11-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Ha...so true.

Good stuff, U of London grad here too.

Take care,

Josh.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Happy Thanksgiving Alex, James and to your families.

You guys are the best - see you some time soon.

Rich

Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Rich in Almaden
Happy Thanksgiving Alex, James and to your families.

You guys are the best - see you some time soon.

Rich
Aw thanks Rich Seriously, the same to you and be careful out there guys. The way people have been driving (even today) is erratic to say the least!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy Thanks Giving Gang!