996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Broke the front aero air dam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:18 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Nice "old shop car" Tom
Speaking of 'aero'....... I'd buy a rear wing if someone had one stowed away & forgotten in their crawl space.

Happy New Year all !

Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
When I was looking for a front air dam to replace my broken one, this fellow emailed me with these pictures of a front air dam done in Carbon Fibre. Here are his pics:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/3001/dsc06831800yl2.jpg
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1860/dsc06834800fw6.jpg
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/8209/dsc06825800uq4.jpg

His return email address was raymondpoon@hotmail.com. You might want to give him a shout and see if this is something you might be interested in. Althought the pics are of other carbon parts, I couldnt' get the picture of the carbon fibre front air dam to post to this forum...but you can contact him yourself and get a pic of the spoiler. His stuff is coming from Asia...so I have no idea of how durable it is or what sort of guarantee comes with it. It did look pretty good to me...but looks arent' everything. I needed something a bit less expensive because I can see that this is going to be a recurring event...and eventually a bit expensive. As careful as you try to be...$hit just happens.

Good luck in your quest. Chuck

Old 12-31-2007, 01:49 PM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Pics appear to be of door sill......rear wing.......and rear window spoiler......nice CF.

Oops...I see you mentioned they weren't the spoiler pics.

Last edited by GreggT; 12-31-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Greg: I know they're not pics of the front spoiler....but they're the only pics I could get to post to the thread....the pics of the front spoiler wouldnt' come across...so I suggested any interested folks contact the guy directly and have him send pics of the front spoiler. It's exactly like the stock one, but in CF.....actually looks quite nice, but I just didnt' want to spend $800 on them.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:10 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Good looking out Chuck, thanks - email sent.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:02 PM
ArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to behold
My Aerokit car came without the front lip because the previous owner removed it. I've really been wanting to get one put back on the car so it will be "right."

If anyone sees or knows of another one, please let me know!

Thanks,

Rob

Old 01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Since your car is silver...depending upon how much you want to spend...you can go to the FVD one like I did...only comes in black and has the two holes on either side of the air dam....you don't say which aero kit you have on your car...is it the factory one? If you want the Carbon Fibre one...get ahold of Jimmer who posted above and see what he's getting....if you go to the Porsche factory one it's around $800 and you have to have it painted to the color of your car. Since mine is midnight blue, the black fit right in and I cant' really tell the difference. It's also more of a rubber compound and a lot more forgiving than the factory plastic one I had on there to begin with.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:34 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Since mine is midnight blue, the black fit right in and I cant' really tell the difference. It's also more of a rubber compound and a lot more forgiving than the factory plastic one I had on there to begin with.

Which one is this????? Thanks. And, how much?

JB

Old 01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
The MA Shaw version is good quality and made of eurethane like the OEM and it's only $550.00 It's an exact copy of the OEM.

link: http://www.mashaw.com/html/product_info.html

Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 PM
The FVD one that I bought is an exact copy of the factory one....just done in black sort of rubberized plastic....don't know what to call the compound. It also has metal trim under both sides of the bottom to help keep the scrapes from gouging the bottom...however a good hit will damage it. So far, it's been impervious to one hit on a concrete parking block...do a Google search on the FVD outlet in Florida....

To me the best part was that it's an exact fit on the 02TT and it was only $350....but shipping was $120 from Florida to Calif.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:30 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
When I destroyed my factory aero lip, I had the car flat-bedded straight to Ron @ IPB Autosports....shout out to my TT mechanic (not ready got GT700 YET)!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I was with Ron yesterday....good guy and knows his stuff. He does air and water cooled cars...but the front lip is only held on by two screws....you had to flatbed it there just for the lip?

Old 01-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've check around the market for a CF front lip for 996TT for last 2 years and end up have a shop make it for me. Here are some quick pics for it.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:06 AM
rosesplus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Since your car is silver...depending upon how much you want to spend...you can go to the FVD one like I did...only comes in black and has the two holes on either side of the air dam....you don't say which aero kit you have on your car...is it the factory one? If you want the Carbon Fibre one...get ahold of Jimmer who posted above and see what he's getting....if you go to the Porsche factory one it's around $800 and you have to have it painted to the color of your car. Since mine is midnight blue, the black fit right in and I cant' really tell the difference. It's also more of a rubber compound and a lot more forgiving than the factory plastic one I had on there to begin with.
Chuck is the FVD one able to be painted? I'm also looking for a spare but I want it in Arctic silver.

Mark

Old 01-02-2008, 06:47 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
WOW, that looks PERFECT!! Can you share with us the contact details for who made it, and how much it was (via PM if you like)? Maybe they still have a mold left that they can make more from...

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ray
I've check around the market for a CF front lip for 996TT for last 2 years and end up have a shop make it for me. Here are some quick pics for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Broke the front aero air dam