996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Broke the front aero air dam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Question Benefits

Does anyone know the aerodynamic or drag coefficient advantages?
The cool factor is +10...my favorite.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Actually, I hit a ladder that had fallen in front of me on the freeway and caused fluids to leak. Didn't want to take a chance driving it around.

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
I was with Ron yesterday....good guy and knows his stuff. He does air and water cooled cars...but the front lip is only held on by two screws....you had to flatbed it there just for the lip?

Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM
ArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to beholdArcticSilver is a splendid one to behold
Chuck,

I have the factory aerokit on my car....

Thank you for the message. $350 sounds like a killer price to me. Before I spent $500-800+ for the lip, I would ditch the whole front end and apply that money toward a GT2 nose.

Thanks again,

Rob

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
The FVD one that I bought is an exact copy of the factory one....just done in black sort of rubberized plastic....don't know what to call the compound. It also has metal trim under both sides of the bottom to help keep the scrapes from gouging the bottom...however a good hit will damage it. So far, it's been impervious to one hit on a concrete parking block...do a Google search on the FVD outlet in Florida....

To me the best part was that it's an exact fit on the 02TT and it was only $350....but shipping was $120 from Florida to Calif.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
RosePlus: I don't know how suitable the FVD one would be for painting....if you wanted to paint one, the mashaw might be better suited for painting....but then again Eric the bumperplug guy paints the rubber bumpers....maybe he could paint one to match the silver.

Insofar as the FVD one goes, it really blends in well and is almost unnoticeable. It should go well on a silver car since black and silver compliment each other. On my midnight blue car, I actually cant' see the difference in color...it just becomes invisible. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than the others out there....more resilient too.

I think Ron at IPB Prosche in Sacramento can get them cheaper than the price I paid at FVD....you might email him and ask....wish I had thought of Ron before I paid the $120 to ship it from Florida.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
bk12 is infamous around these parts
Chuck, you sound like you are scraping a lot....how much lower is this than your old C2? Do you have X73 suspension on this?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, the TT is a bit lower than the 99 C2 was even tho I had the PSS9's on the C2 and had it lowered. The factory Porsche front air dam that came with the car was lower than the FVD one I have replaced it with....I don't scrape the driveway now....but I also put on a new set of the CCW wheels and 18 inch Michelin PS2's. The new air dam has just barely scraped a couple times, but nothing like the old one did.