996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Broke the front aero air dam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Broke the front aero air dam

As careful as I've tried to be, I took a trip up the Calif. coast highway and going in and out of those little coastal town mini-malls, the dip to the main streets were too much for the front aero air dam....and I fractured it. It's the factory Porsche front aero kit on my 02 TT...is there a good quality aftermarket supplier, or is this going to be a Porsche part. It just seems that it's so low that unless you stick to flat freeways, this is going to be a recurring problem. Do they make a rubber replacement that might be a little more forgiving?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I saw some owner switch to non-aero factory front lip. But people said it will upset the aerodyminic with your areo rear spoiler. I do have Carbon Fiber aero front lip, it cost less than OEM part and you don't even need to paint it. If you interest, PM me.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:15 PM
ronkain is infamous around these parts
Chuck, I am getting to this post a little late, however, you may need another one day.
I have been selling the GT3Cup version to TT owners, it is half the price and it is more forgiving.

Thanks, Ron@IPB

Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Ron,
I'm using the C4S air dam now, but I'd to see pics if yoiu have them.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:50 PM
OOPS, Man I must be tried sitting on this laptop allday. That is for the street GT3 cars I use the Cup spoiler on...... OOOOOOPPPPPSSSS. Time to turn this thing off now.

Ron

Old 12-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Ron.....I ended up going to FVD at the suggestion of a Rennlister and getting theirs because I couldn't find a reasonably priced one....the Porsche replacement was close to $800 and needed preping and painting......found an outsourced asian CF replica which sounded good, but also $800. These front air dams are subject to ongoing destruction, hence the quest for a model that doesn't cost so much. So far the FVD has been ok....seems to be a little higher than the factory one so it doesn't scrape as frequently as the factory model.

I'll have to take a drive to your shop and see what you've got....but will definitely keep you in mind. Wish you had spoken up sooner. Even if it's a bit more than the one I bought, I always like to support and go through local shops like IPB.

I believe you do performance flashes....but are you strictly using the GIAC?

chuck

Old 12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
I can handle whatever you throw at me Chuck, just swing by or call me :-)
I can get you the OE spoiler for a good guy deal....

Ron

Old 12-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Damn Ron.....I ended up going to FVD at the suggestion of a Rennlister and getting theirs because I couldn't find a reasonably priced one....the Porsche replacement was close to $800 and needed preping and painting......found an outsourced asian CF replica which sounded good, but also $800. These front air dams are subject to ongoing destruction, hence the quest for a model that doesn't cost so much. So far the FVD has been ok....seems to be a little higher than the factory one so it doesn't scrape as frequently as the factory model.

I'll have to take a drive to your shop and see what you've got....but will definitely keep you in mind. Wish you had spoken up sooner. Even if it's a bit more than the one I bought, I always like to support and go through local shops like IPB.

I believe you do performance flashes....but are you strictly using the GIAC?

chuck
I am a GIAC, EVO, VF-Engineering and AWE-Tuning dealer.
have done GT700, GT640 and much more. we support quite a few Porsche racers such as 993GT2 Evo and a few 996GT3Cup's

Old 12-31-2007, 02:59 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Hey, can you guys tell me a little more about the carbon fiber aero front lip spoiler? I've been looking everywhere for one. Does this fit to the stock bumper? Anyone have pics?

Thanks!

Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Front spoiler

Ebay has a aero front for $350 +$50 shipping. I have not seen one in
person, but they have good feed back.
I am also interested in a new front lip spoiler.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=008

Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
I didn't see a carbon fiber aero front lip spoiler on eBay

Old 12-31-2007, 06:59 AM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
CF spoiler

Originally Posted by jimmer23
I didn't see a carbon fiber aero front lip spoiler on eBay
Not CF, plastic Aero spoiler on Ebay.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:45 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
I have replaced mine with a stock one, and was advised against carbon fiber or fiberglass because they are a one time rub unit they don't flex, i have had the factory one cleaned up and re-painted several times. my car is lowered and really hard to never scrape. The one on e-bay looks like a deal. I would have bought that one. i paid $750.00 at ma shaw in orange county.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I have one of these stowed away in my crawl space... Had to remove it after I drug the crap out of it trying to get it on my car trailer... I'll repaint it and put it on the car to see how it looks...

Mike

Old 12-31-2007, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tom / A.W.E. is infamous around these parts
Ladies and Gents:

We offer a front lip for the 996tt. Here's some pics of it installed on our old shop car, which has since been replaced by the 997tt:

And I just really like this picture:

Happy New Years guys.
www.awe-tuning.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Broke the front aero air dam