996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New car, cruise control doesn't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
New car, cruise control doesn't work

Hey guys, yesterday i brought my car back, a 2001 turbo that i just bought. I tried to engage the cruise control but it doesn't work. It seems like i have to push the button and the green light should come on but it doesn't. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

I might be doing something wrong also as it was the first time i was using the car.

thanks

Old 05-20-2011, 02:04 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
so, the SEARCH button does work....

anyway, ive got this same issue, figure id reply on here instead of making a new thread. basically, i got the same issue as /\
push on/off, nothing. no green light on dash. no cruising

Old 05-20-2011, 05:14 AM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
well i did find the problem, clutch switch, check it out, on the pedal, there is a switch, the spring in it breaks and the cruise control thinks you have your foot on the clutch pedal so it doesn't want to engage.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM
CarreraMark is infamous around these parts
Can you expand on how to fix this?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:24 PM
CarreraMark is infamous around these parts
Hi there. I have the same cruise control issue. Can you expand on what you / they did to fix the problem? Thx, Mark

Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Cruise Control? Never use it. Really didn't know or care if I had it.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:23 AM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
im gunna finally take a look tomorrow. im assuming its something on the pedal itself inside the car? i had the gt2 slave conversion done, could that have something to do with this "clutch switch"?

Old 05-23-2011, 05:29 AM
don't think it should have anything to do with that but they might have broke it while doing the conversion.

Just stick your head under the dash, look a the pedal and you'll see switch that get activated or deactivated as soon as your press the pedal.

Just take it out and test it, if it's bad, replace it. Usually, if you can't feel the spring in the switch it's bad.

There are other threads ont this, look in the 996 section too.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:39 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
If it's not the clutch pedal switch, a general hint is also to check the brakelight switch. If it's on the cc won't engage. Green light should still come on though.

Check fuses too.

If they did GT2 mod, maybe the forgot to reconnect the clutch switch.