996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $89,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
Sorry, but if someone asks if a car has been in an accident, then I would expect them to tell the truth. Not really an ethical dilemma.

Yeah, he was upfront with everyone on this site, AFTER the truth came out.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by seattle_sun
Sorry, but if someone asks if a car has been in an accident, then I would expect them to tell the truth. Not really an ethical dilemma.

Yeah, he was upfront with everyone on this site, AFTER the truth came out.

The point is, he didn't know it had any damage other than paint when he posted the car and was totally upfront about checking on the frame damage

Old 12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
How about when OhioGT2 called the dealer about the car?

Old 12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
StrokedViper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CAPTLST
The point is, he didn't know it had any damage other than paint when he posted the car and was totally upfront about checking on the frame damage

Have you read this thread? You must have been on the OJ jury.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:51 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by StrokedViper
You must have been on the OJ jury.
If the roof panel doesn't fit...you must acquit

Old 12-19-2007, 10:01 PM

Old 12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG

Captlst with all due respect, I think CMC deserves every bit of the comments NOW, seeing that even after all that was disclosed to us and him for that matter, it is still up for sale, and STILL there is no mention of the extensive damage it had! Just because it has happened before with other dealers, doesn't make it right, especially being a board sponsor selling to Porsche/car enthusiasts!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:39 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StrathRoy
Holy crap people. Let's give CMC a bit of slack on this. I just bought a TT from them, and I had a very positive experience. Everyone makes mistakes, and from what I can see, their mistake was trusting their buyer. Whatever profit they make on a vehicle is their business, not ours. Most of the people on this forum are self-employed - we know that every now and then, things go sideways - whether it is our fault or not - that is why an occasional windfall comes along to make up for the occasional screw up that this GT2 was. Sooooooo - until proven otherwise, let's give these guys a little bit of a break.
Will that make you feel better about your purchase?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:59 AM
TraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of lightTraderHal is a glorious beacon of light
+1 well said. I would still purchase a car from CMC after a ppi without hesitation .

Originally Posted by CAPTLST
Let me begin by saying I so not know Parin nor have I bought a car from him but I am amazed at the bashing he is getting over this car. He has had probably a hundred positive transactions and one bad car pops up and he is crucified, this kind of stuff happens in business. He is selling the car for a good price in my mind as a dealer. Who cares what he paid for the car or is making on the car. If he got a good deal on it; should he pass along ALL of the savings to his customers? He does have a business to run and employees to pay along with taxes and insurance, etc.....

If the car has been wrecked then big deal. He has been upfront with everyone on this site. Yet the bashing continues. If he wants to still sell a wrecked car on auto trader than that is his business. Do you REALLY think he is the FIRST dealer to sell a wrecked car. I bet there are some people driving around in previously wrecked Porsche's and don't even know it surfing this site right now. If he still wants to sell the car for IMO a cheap price than let him do it. If you want a cherry GT2 than step up to the plate and spend the money and buy a real car. If you want a deal you will have to over look some issues. It is not like he is asking 105 for the car. I know he said he was taking the car to the auction to resell it, but doesn't he have the right to mitigate his losses.

All the e-bashing on this site makes it awfully hard for someone to stroke a check to sponsor this forum. My money says CMC wishes they weren't a sponsor because it is not worth the BS to try to make 2k on the car and constantly have to justify yourself. Parin can has come clean and is not trying to pass off a virgin car so I would let this thread die!

Old 12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
C-mon guy's..with all due respect! after all this OhioGt2 calls & they still dont disclose the TRUTH!! That just aint right..as far as being a sponsor you live by it, you die by it ...You live your life as a good person then you kill someone, Should they let that person go because you WERE good!..Please! They just didn't get cought..

Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Kevin, you're

The point was, I was ready to tell everyone that CMC was totally upfront about the car's history, which would have put this episode to rest. But after the "excellent condition, no accident" comment days after everything was out in the open, I was shocked. It's not about price. It's about honesty. And if they'll lie about one car, they'll do it on another. Sorry, but 6speedonline deserves better sponsors that Chicago Motor Cars.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
I agree w/ Ohio gt2 100%. Its people like this that give used car dealers a bad name.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 AM
ko23 is infamous around these parts
Listing on eBay, in fact, is PUBLIC. Putting in the ad: 100% CARFAX guaranteed is deceiving. Seems like a repeat offender.

Hard to imagine that this is the first time they are doing it.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:59 AM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
They sent me this reply.

THE FRONT CLIP WAS PAINTED...THE PAINT JOB IS VERY GOOD....NO SERVICE RECORDS, BUT YOU CAN CALL PORSCHE FOR THEM...GIVE ME A CALL ADN LETS TALK..ASK FOR ANTHONY...630-221-1800

Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
My Sales Staff Are Fools To State That, But Anyways As I Mentioned Earlier The Car Is No Longer For Sale. I Have Disclosed The Truth To The Car. Go Ahead And Keep Wasting Ur Time Conversing About This Vehicle As You Wish.

The Car Is On Its Way To The Auto Auction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 on Ebay $89,900