996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $89,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
there a reason its such a GREAT DEAL.

Just look at the Pictures. ESP, the front,
It has had some work done, even with the miles,
no one would sell a clean GT2 for that unless something is not right
with the car. Either got a great deal at the auction or bad trade.

I'm sure it will be a nice car for someone but I will pass on this one.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Did you actually go and look at the car, GT2 buyer?

Old 12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
An upgrade for you is the 997 GT2. stay with what you have.
Yeah...that's what I figured. It'll be a few years before a 997 GT2 becomes available without massive premium...I guess I'll just have to be patient....

Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Totally agreed. The 996 is the great platform, though.... Just so much room for performance with great reliability. The 996 is plentiful enough that eventually, these cars will rise in price fur for now, say hello to the $45K 996TT marketplace.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Denstoyz is infamous around these parts
IF you are seriously interested in the car then why not just email or contact dealer directly and feel them out about anything done to the car? Im with all of you that the car is a great price for the year/mileage!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
guys i bought the car at the auction for a steal price...

the passenger side fender and door have been painted...

all original panels on this car....

just call ed napletonporsche, motorwerks, or loeber porsche (authorized dealers to have the car inspected...

just so you all know i bought the car for $83,500.00

yes i stole the car but am i entitled to make a profit...

yes i made a mistake and priced the car to cheap.... not trying to effect the gt2 market...

first person to call and leave a deposit on the car (subject to inspection if they want) $1000.00 fully refundable can have the car for $86,500 !!!!!!!!!

by the way there is no tear in the leather. there is one small crease in the drivers seat.... but it is definitely normal wear...

parin
630-333-6266 mobile

Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 AM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Parin I wish all car guys were like you.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
still a great price.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The price is absolutely insane....someone please get this car off the market, its killing my cars value.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
The price is absolutely insane....someone please get this car off the market, its killing my cars value.
This car is not the problem, it the dealers that buy these at the auction, then sell them at a min. CMC bought a car at a really good price and because of the paint work and god knows what else , he's trying to dump it. Most people will not buy high line cars with paint work.(unless they have no clue).

Old 12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
So GT Buyer...You didn't buy the car, I personally don't give a **** about a little paint work on the car, You have no idea how rare this car is in Canada. Lets be realistic here everyone knew something was up with this car, but hey its not bad at all.I am calling this guy NOW, unless of course your going to tell me its staying in Chicago again.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by kilrgt
So GT Buyer...You didn't buy the car, I personally don't give a **** about a little paint work on the car, You have no idea how rare this car is in Canada. Lets be realistic here everyone knew something was up with this car, but hey its not bad at all.I am calling this guy NOW, unless of course your going to tell me its staying in Chicago again.
I'm sure it rare in Canada, I never told anyone or you not to buy the car. if you really wanted it you should have hit the buy it now. Good thing you didnt cause you saved a couple on a painted car. Its a good deal now, you should get it before it goes to the auction again.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:23 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I just called him, I am having it worked out as I type this. I still hate buying cars I cant see and touch...Seeing how your in Chicago want to go have a look at it for me

Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I would but work in retail and this is the crazy time of year , but the weather blows here it's cold and snowing. it's like 40 min away.( one way)I'm sure you cant go wrong at that price. if you don't care about a car thats been painted, its no big deal you'll have a really rare GT2 in Canada.

Last edited by gt2buyer; 12-07-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Lets see.....a little repaint, $14K in my bank account....a little repaint, 14K...not a very hard choice. I would be more worried about any actual structural damage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 on Ebay $89,900