996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $89,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:50 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by justinmm2
Ad says arctic silver, but it looks an awful lot like polar to me..

God, this thing isn't all *that* much more than a nice GT3 - especially if it doesn't even get all the way to $89k ... Ken, are you listening?
Yes, I'm listening Justin. But, afriad it will be too much car for me at this point. iLLM3 just PM'ed about his car on RL the other day.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Parin

Did my guy Steve get in touch with you...I told him to go ahead and bring the car in for me.Sorry missed your call the other day I was in Italy,back now and cant get in touch with him.Call me when you have a min.
Paul

Old 12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
superchicken is infamous around these parts
Interesting, differing points of view on paint work. Presuming no structural damage or bondo, would you pay more (or less) for a car with resprayed leading edges to delete the rock/sand specs. Problem is never knowing what repair lurks under any respray, but the Pcars sure look better without the rock specs. I would be mostly concerned if the seller was trying to conceal the respray.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Paint, if done perfectly is no problem for me. Of course frame damage is a WHOLE different story. A little repaint (again if done perfectly) should not reduce value by more than a few K.

Guys who are obsessive about a little paint are probably too effeminate to be driving a GT2 in the first place. They probably have a toaster w/ a dust bunny.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Blah Blah Blah Jitsu. Paint = damage. Only paint work acceptable would be front end rock chips.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:53 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sean whats up for Sunday?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Let's get REAL....

NO ONE has had the car plugged in. Pictures show ZERO damage so everyone is speculating. 15 kilo-byte low-res photos say nothing as to condition. At one time I was worried about what my leak-down numbers might be..... hadn't done them.... was a new car for me and I did the GT3RS clutch and LWFW plus PSS9's and FVD Exhaust with 200 cell Euro-cats. I was considering a GT2 purchase instead of installing rods and BIG Garrett turbos on my car after being scared to death by this-and-that stage 1 & 2 numbers. I thought it would be cheaper to sell my car and buy a GT2 for $100K or so if my #'s didn't pan out. The RED GT2 in LA went too fast and they didn't want my car. That was a great car for $105K in sunny California. THIS Silver GT-2 would have been the perfect car.... except Barrier Porsche confirmed (yesterday) that my average leak-down number was only 3.3% with almost zero variance between cylinders. (WICKED) VERY strong.

So I can now consider adding big turbos and etc. and don't need to spend the extra $45K (after liquidating my car) and buying a GT2 so I now refocus on upgrading what I have. The car we're all gawking about is the SAME color as my 996TT and would be PERFECT for someone with MONEY who didn't already own a GT2.

Get the car plugged in (stage 1 and 2 #'s), and leak-down tested or STOP complaining/speculating about what is PROBABLY (in reality) the best deal on the planet for a GT2. They bought it cheap, it's CHICAGO, and cold as hell. They're in the mood to sell, obviously, at this time of year. On another note, if you're going to do Carrillo rods anyway and a GT700 kit, who the 21$%!$^ cares what the leak-down is?

If someone's interested in a great deal, let us know what the numbers are when ACTUALLY you find out!

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 12-13-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
For all it's worh I have never seen any complaints on this board from people who bought from Chicago Motor Cars.

Parin is a stand up guy in my book, unless proven otherwise.

And YES, their prices are always GREAT.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned
ss360 is infamous around these parts
Experian Auto Check shows frame damage for this car. It was reported at an auction in Florida with Frame Damage on 08-03-2007

Old 12-13-2007, 06:43 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
GOOD fine, glad i didn't buy this one. AND he said it just had some paint work!

Speedyellow, Did you even read all five pages? GL with your monster build.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
Incredible deal...almost too good...mileage isn't that bad either. They've proven to be reliable.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:20 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
i called autocheck and the west palm beach auto auction where i bought the car. "frame damage" is annouced if there is anything other than factory paintwork on the car. The car was a leased car. I bought the car from porsche financial in west palm beach. They told me to have it checked out at porsche where i have a appointment tommorrow for a ppi. i will post results in the morning. if the car truely has frame the car will not be for sale anymore and will be returned to the auction. if the car doesnot have frame damage i own it. carfax on the car shows nothing. manheim auctions only review to autocheck for some reason.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chicagomotorcars
i called autocheck and the west palm beach auto auction where i bought the car. "frame damage" is annouced if there is anything other than factory paintwork on the car. The car was a leased car. I bought the car from porsche financial in west palm beach. They told me to have it checked out at porsche where i have a appointment tommorrow for a ppi. i will post results in the morning. if the car truely has frame the car will not be for sale anymore and will be returned to the auction. if the car doesnot have frame damage i own it. carfax on the car shows nothing. manheim auctions only review to autocheck for some reason.
Can you explain more? Thanks.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 AM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
"frame damage" is annouced if there is anything other than factory paintwork on the car.
-if anything is painted other than the bumpers frame damage is annouced on autocheck. there is no documents stating this car has been in an accident.

-i will inform you guys today on the status of this car. after porsche inspects it.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Ray M is infamous around these parts
When you say 'return the car to auction' I assume you mean re-run it?

The car was clearly listed as 'Frame' on the Electronic Condition Report for passenger A or B Pillar (forget which one). It was also run yellow light for frame damage when it sold, so they certainly aren't buying it back.

I wasn't going to say anything, but after you claimed that ""frame damage" is annouced if there is anything other than factory paintwork on the car" I couldn't help myself....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 on Ebay $89,900