996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Softronic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
As far as I know Softtronic is the vehicle to install the software. In other words it is the ability to flash. This is not the software. The software comes from individual companies like FVD, etc. I know the actual company has its own software to some extent. Just not the libarary that FVD would.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
I would 100% be up for a group buy.
The other thing I'd be interested in would be an "all you can eat" tune purchase option. That way you buy a tune and a small library of base maps all for one (albeit higher) price. I would 100% go with any reputable tuner who offered that option.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Shark01
I agree that FVD's software looks very much like Softronic, and is priced at $1,599 (if I remember right).
Actually, $1595 and 5% off for board members, so $1515 total. I would seriously consider any reputable tuner who can match that deal or offer me more maps for future upgrades.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Marine8541 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
As far as I know Softtronic is the vehicle to install the software. In other words it is the ability to flash. This is not the software. The software comes from individual companies like FVD, etc. I know the actual company has its own software to some extent. Just not the libarary that FVD would.

Interesting, they seem to list the same software for the same cars. Why would FVD have more?

Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Marine8541
Interesting, they seem to list the same software for the same cars. Why would FVD have more?
I think what Phd is saying is, Softronic provides the syringe and everyone else has their own cocktail for what gets injected. They also have their own software, but a company like FVD has developed a number of different software maps for their line of upgrades.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Marine8541 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
I think what Phd is saying is, Softronic provides the syringe and everyone else has their own cocktail for what gets injected. They also have their own software, but a company like FVD has developed a number of different software maps for their line of upgrades.
OK, I was a little sloooow at understanding. Sorry.

Last edited by Marine8541; 12-02-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I just chatted with the owner of softronic and I stand corrected. Their library is as extensive as FVD. While they develop the interface they also have their own development in regards to tuning.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I cannot tell from this thread whether Softronic and FVD have any relationship with one another but, if they do, I would stay FAR, FAR away. I used FVD for the initial programming on my 996TT and I had an ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE experience with them. They misrepresented several aspects of their programing. [Details removed to protect the guilty]. I switched to a Gunther/Gemballa program that was infinitely better, and I later switched to GIAC, which was also infinitely better.

I sincerely hope Softronic and FVD do not have any type of alliance or partnership. If they do, I would humbly suggest that Vivid seek out a different company to do their programming. Protomotive, Revo, GIAC . . . anyone but FVD or an FVD shell.

Regards,

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 12-02-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Craig,
I do agree with you on the misrepresentation part...
But FVD has cleaned up that long time ago and I don't think banning a tuner just because of one employee serves justice... especially when it happened 4 years ago.
As you know I had FVD's stage 3 set up and even a stage 4 program at a later time... and my car ran great for 3 years. I bought many things from them as well and they always came thru without any problems. ***** ,the owner, at one time even called me back himself from Germany when my P car mechanic had a hard time installing the stage 4 ecu( something with the security codes). That is just one example...

I had a similar situation with a tuner from this board with a ECU bought for a AUDI.... The car was not running right... misfiring, detonating... all lights ON... pulling timing... 13.9 afrs etc. -all confirmed on the dyno. I tried to prove them via a dyno sheet that something was wrong - they said that the ecu cannot be wrong... " we flashed over 400 cars" was the answer.
We had someone else do the dyno tune ... all the problems went away and it made 80 more HP. I never called that tuner and told them they had it wrong. I never got my money back either becasue I never asked. They did not even know that it did not work after all... and its a company that you were affiliated with relatively closely....and it happened this year.
So does that mean that Company does bad programming just becasue I had a bad experience with a program they sold.... I do not think so... I know they are better then that.

Markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-03-2007, 04:14 AM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Craig
I cannot tell from this thread whether Softronic and FVD have any relationship with one another but, if they do, I would stay FAR, FAR away. I used FVD for the initial programming on my 996TT and I had an ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE experience with them. They misrepresented several aspects of their programing. [Details removed to protect the guilty]. I switched to a Gunther/Gemballa program that was infinitely better, and I later switched to GIAC, which was also infinitely better.

I sincerely hope Softronic and FVD do not have any type of alliance or partnership. If they do, I would humbly suggest that Vivid seek out a different company to do their programming. Protomotive, Revo, GIAC . . . anyone but FVD or an FVD shell.

Regards,

Craig
hmm...nasty.
Craig, sorry to hear about your bad expereince.
Apt to quote Santana here:

" ...one chain don't make no prison
Two wrongs don't make no right "

For the record, after a lot of research, I chose FVD programming and am extremely happy.

And no I don't consider myself a mug.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Craig

Regards,

Craig

FVD and Softronic have no relationship. I think that someone was just comparing the two, but they are two totally different companies.

Mitch

Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Mitch@Vivid
FVD and Softronic have no relationship. I think that someone was just comparing the two, but they are two totally different companies.

Mitch
I get that they are independent companies, but there seems to be some relationship or common use of software. Check out the screen caps of their loader programs:

For FVD - 1/2 way down the page:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=FVD&page=2

and for Softronic (from their website):
http://www.softronic.us/products.php

Either their using the same loader, or this is the world's biggest coincidence.

-Michael

Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Yep, even the picture is the same

Someone isn't being truthful here

Old 12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
They do look similar, but that could just be a web programmer who used the same jpg file. Something does seem odd. If I were running the company, I would ensure that all product marketing advertisements are unique especially when compared to other competitors. In the legal field they call that trademark protection and it protects a consumer from being confused when purchasing.

Last edited by robertp; 12-03-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Either their using the same loader, or this is the world's biggest coincidence.

-Michael
They are using the same loader. This is the same loader I use with Proto's flashes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic?