996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Another Smoken Deal to Get Horsepower :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Another Smoken Deal to Get Horsepower :)

Softronic and Vivid Racing are bringing the best in ECU tuning to the 6speed crowd at the best price you will find. Compare any of the competitors "reflash" prices and this is the best. No chip soldering, no hacking, true Porsche tools to offer the best ECU tuning and modification available. No need to take your ECU out of the car, we come to you (in the form of a cable )! Takes less then 30 minutes to flash your standard 996TT or X50 for the best results available.

Now with EVERY Softronic ECU flash, get a FREE K&N flat panel filter, or $100 coupon for ANY Agency Power Porsche product. Reflash price is $1549! Special offer good through Dec 31. New standard ECU flash price of $1549 is good FOREVER .

All flash purchases include the Softronic Client Cable so you can upgrade your flash anytime at a later date. All standard modifications such as intake, exhaust, diverter valves, race gas... no extra flashing costs unlike the competition.

Here are some results -

Standard 996TT gaining 80whp and 90ft/lbs of torque. Add diverter valves, exhaust, and K&N filter to achieve almost 110whp.

996 X50 Car gaining almost 60 horsepower at the crank (mid range pickup)!

Another Vivid Racing guaranteed satisfaction product. We make sure you like it, or you dont keep it!

View all product info here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/e...4348_5027.html

Look forward to giving XMAS Boost Fun!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:10 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Looking good Dan!!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
DrBarneyFife is infamous around these parts
Old 12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
DrFife, with 24 posts, alot of is it picking at what we are doing... weird?

Dont be confused about what we are doing. If the FVD interface looks like Softronic, that could be that Softronic creates interfaces for others to load their files. Someone has to create the technology. Softronic has a very strong reputation with PCA. Want to see internet read on them, go to the Caymanclub.net forum and see how many of those guys have been buying direct and getting great results on the NA car. A new product does not mean conspiracy. Having any questions about personal Softronic business, email them. www.softronic.us . There is a level of information we cannot discuss.

Vivid Racing does not have its own ECU flashing. It is a reseller of Softronic. But Softronic has plenty of experience, customers, and results under their belt.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:53 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Smoking deal.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:03 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Dan I for one appreciate Vivid continuing to R+D stuff for our cars. I appreciate all the sponsors and vendors on this forum, I have have bought and deal with many of them.
All are glad to share knowledge and help out no matter what other products you run.

So I get the software at $1600. Then I change my turbos and headers and intake say a week after your program goes in. The upgraded reflash to include extra bolt ons is free??

So instead of me going with a $3k program initially why wouldnt I get yours at half price and upgrade for free?

or is there a time on the upgrade or am I missing something.

Always looking for a good deal.

thanks for all you guys do for our cars and add to this forum, I am pretty sure we all appreciate it.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
DrFife, with 24 posts, alot of is it picking at what we are doing... weird?
Sorry if I came on too strong . . . not my intent. I am just trying to decide which tuner to use and I am doing my best to get the facts before I make my decision. You guys seem to be the new kids on the block, but with a very grown up product (thats a compliment), so I am trying to get more data to make my decision. I'm sure you can understand that I want to get all the facts before I shell out over ten thousand dollars (likely much more than ten thousand dollars if I go with a big powr kit). I am certainly not targeting Vivid. It is just that there is already tons of info in the archives of this forum on most of the other tuners, so I know a lot about what they offer. You on the other hand have just come on the scene and there is very little about you in the archives, so I am asking questions.

In addition, you guys kinda opened the door when you posted that your software is already powering the "fastest Porsches here" (in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...=106730&page=2 ). You had to know that by posting that statement, people would ask follow-up questions. It was inevitable. But then you refused to explain what you meant. If you did not want questions and did not want to explain what you meant by the statement, perhaps you should not have posted the statement.

You also start a lot of new threads regarding your products -- a lot of threads -- which leads to even more questions. EVO, Proto and UMW aren't starting lots of new threads about their products. The other tuners are not actively pushing their products like Vivid is, so they avoid the spot light. When you seek out the spot light through many different threads, questions are inevitable, particularly when you are new to Porsche tuning and the questions have not beeen previously answered in the 6speedonline archives.

Gathering facts can be very difficult. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on that is very important. I have only seen a bit of it, but what I have seen causes me to want more info before I shell out big dollars.

Again, I am definitely not targeting Vivid and I am sorry if my questions sounded that way or were agressive. You seem to have a fine product and I am simply trying to get more info about it so that I can make up my mind which path to take with which tuner. Congratulations on your new products.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Dan I for one appreciate Vivid continuing to R+D stuff for our cars.
Me too.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor
I push my products because I am a sponsor. My goal is to offer the best products, service, and more. I have alot of resources and I enjoy consistantly putting new information online for people to read and "gather" information about. The words of GIAC, PSS9, and BBS are like watching black and white TV. People need color and I provide color....

Back to topic, if you questions regarding business dealings or associations of the manufacturer, Softronic, contact them directly....

Tom - Thanks for you support. If you were to want a, lets call it basic flash upgrade that most do, the price is $1549. That includes the basic exhaust, intake, diverter valve type upgrades. VR Sticker upgrade adds to much power and is extra The Softronic is designed to work in conjunction with those mods. So unlike the other companies, you dont have to get a new map when you have an intake, exhaust, race gas. It has the tables built into to a certain level. Scott has created all the mapping from Softronic.

Now if you, Tom the man, wanted to get crazy with the Agency Power 650 Kit, put some Hybrid Turbos on there, or do anything that is basically a turbo upgrade, the price is $1995. Still cheaper then competition. So to answer your question... You do a reflash for your GT2 engine with K24's from Softronic through Vivid Racing, then decide to upgrade turbos and fuel system, you would be responsible for the difference. $1995 - $1549 = $446. I did graduate college, but check that

Old 12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Former Vendor
oh and Dr.Fife, can I call you Barney, you do your 996TT mods with me, 100% satisfaction guarantee on everything or you send it back for credit. Dont bother looking elsewhere.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Dan,
So to recap, the initial flash with the software (a cd with the say k-16 software) and the cable is $1,545.

Then next year, if I buy some used k-24s or hybrids off of some guy, the upgrade charge is $446, right? And this is a locked in stone price whether I upgrade now or in 3 years correct?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Former Vendor
You are correct, however I cannot guarantee 3 years. I do not own Softronic so I can only honor their current offerings. I can say my agreement with Softronic, if all goes well and we have happy, 6speeders is through 2008. Hopefully the name of Softronic and Vivid Racing will be synonymous with Porsche tuning like we have done for other brands. There has been no reason to doubt our service in the past and there will be no reason in the future.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Dan,
In another thread, you mentioned that you thought "minor changes such as adding a intake, exhaust, intercoolers, different turbo, etc." would be around $250. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=softronic
I realize if you go up to your 650 kit the price difference is $446, but for other upgrades, what's the price?
Also, what's the price to upgrade to the data logging cable?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
oh and Dr.Fife, can I call you Barney, you do your 996TT mods with me, 100% satisfaction guarantee on everything or you send it back for credit. Dont bother looking elsewhere.
Only for Fife or for everyone?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
You are correct, .
OK, so the point of my question was you don't care if I buy turbos from you or Joe Six Pack, the software upgrade price is the same $446 right?

Sounds good so far.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another Smoken Deal to Get Horsepower :)