996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Evader is infamous around these parts
Correct me if I am wrong here but, doesn't Protomitive offer a 650 & 700 kit with the same turbo's just other ancillary items (maf, intake, injectors, throttle body, etc.)?

Don't mean to steal your fire but, I just want to clarify. Kit looks like a nice offering but, subsequent modification and power adders are the root of my question.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evader
Correct me if I am wrong here but, doesn't Protomitive offer a 650 & 700 kit with the same turbo's just other ancillary items (maf, intake, injectors, throttle body, etc.)?

Don't mean to steal your fire but, I just want to clarify. Kit looks like a nice offering but, subsequent modification and power adders are the root of my question.
the upgraded turbos and ECU can only do so much. the "power adders" are the things that take it up another 50-100hp by increasing air and fuel and decreasing backpressure.
so air...intake, plenum, turbo air intake hoses
fuel...5 bar FRP and GT 2 pump, then big time new fuel rails and injectors
backpressure....100cell cats or no cats, headers, straight pipes.

after above you need to go into the engine.

hope that helps!!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
so basicly its the same kit protomotive offeres , but u do the tuning instead of master TK ?

Old 12-05-2007, 09:52 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
when I pop my turbos this year...Im liking where this kit is at...

Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Evader my brotha - call the number whatever you want. The same performance is achieved as it is the same parts. If you would like me to buy a dyno jet and start adding 50HP to my packages cause that is what makes people purchase products, I will do so.

unvmym3 - Softronic tuning. Mapping already completed and the great results will be achieved.

sechsgang - looking forward to it!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Any special pricing for 6speeders?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mr. Choy, we always have something special for you. You know the number to call

Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Is the Greddy a must have item? If you don't plan to have a high and a low boost or run race gas do you need this item? Won't it make the same hp without it?

Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
You can skip the EBC and run a $100 MBC. You can also just run wastegate if you have the right springs to get you 1.2 bar.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:25 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Is the main difference between your kit and the proto kit the use of External WG's and obviously the headers that go along with them? Do the HP/TQ curves look basically the same or how do they differ?
And lastly are you and Proto the only ones to offer K24/18G "kits" currently?
Nice Work! It's good to see some other options out there...

Last edited by str8blst; 12-06-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Just a reference point is this like a "stage 4" kit but with difference turbos with a higher potential?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
...stage 4, 600, 700. People have different stage packages that do different things. I do not know what a stage 4 is considered. As far as the Proto package, it is the same components guys. I buy the turbos from Proto. The difference is he includes diverter valves in his package. If you want to call it a 650, go for it If you want to call my 650 kit a 700, go for it, cause it will do the same thing. Just look at the components included. It will get you the same results.

If you were to do external wastegates, you would gain about 30 more ft/lbs of torque and some top end power since you are bypassing the exhaust system on boost.

I love you all... call me directly so I can give you each individual attention to explain differences, benefits, negatives

Old 12-06-2007, 07:00 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
If you were to do external wastegates, you would gain about 30 more ft/lbs of torque and some top end power since you are bypassing the exhaust system on boost.
Thanks for the info Dan. Very cool design!

Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Dan help me out, why do you need a MBC at all? Doesn't the ECU control the boost?

Old 12-07-2007, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor
ECU will control boost on internal wastegates like factory. ECU will not control external wastegates.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit