996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
ace996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
That is simple, in fact, the parts are there from Aquamist. A "kit" would be easy for people in purchasing. I also have some NX ntercooler kits we are going to adapt for the intercoolers to keep temps down.
Then please do it...it's very much needed.

NX...not legal for most roadcourses and has only one benefit of the water-injection....intercooling. Really, set up your car with a good 50/50 mix (legal for roadcourses, easy to mix, cheap) and show the differences in power/torque/spool. And then call your bank like I said....

Be good,
TomK

Old 01-03-2008, 02:28 AM
e36uc has a spectacular aura aboute36uc has a spectacular aura aboute36uc has a spectacular aura about
im new to the love for a porsche 996tt and was wondering how hard it is to install one of these turbo kits i have been workin on my 99 m3 (mods) for a while now and feel i want a 911 turbo

Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
The turbos, exhaust and headers are pretty easy to access as they below the engine. It doesn't look that difficult.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Very easy install and we have pictures of the process on our website for review as well.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
What would be awesome would be a step by step video and/or heavily picture laden tutorial for removing everything and installing new turbos on a 996TT.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
e36uc has a spectacular aura aboute36uc has a spectacular aura aboute36uc has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
What would be awesome would be a step by step video and/or heavily picture laden tutorial for removing everything and installing new turbos on a 996TT.
vividracing says that he has pictures of the install process on vividracing.com

Old 01-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by e36uc
vividracing says that he has pictures of the install process on vividracing.com
My comment was "in response to" rather than "in ignorance of" Dan's comment. Thanks though.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
my bad

Old 01-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Sorry my post was rushed and vague, if you visit our Porsche Gallery, there are images showing the removal of headers and turbos I believe. Also there should be some in our installation of the 650 kit too. I will try to do a step by step on the next car to help out.
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...p?c=294&userid=

Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Dan,
Where do you normally mount the Greddy and how long does it take to mount it?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
Several spots you can do it at. I will drive my car tomorrow and take a picture of mine. It is installed over my aftermarket navigation. We also installed it on other cars between the seat heater buttons of the "batwing".

Old 01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
About how long does the install on the Greddy take?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor
The greddy takes about 1 hour to install. If you get fancy where you put the controller, that could add time.

RUF - those times are good to have. You would have to have the same quality driver do each car to get exact comparisons. I suck at drag racing! As far as the name, we can call it a stage 42 if you would like. The numbers and stages are really nothing important. Its all about the components!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbochris
NOW what you guys need to do is come up with a little mounting kit that houses the Greddy and a couple of gauges.....replace my CD holder with one....I'd be first in line for a Greddy/gauges/panel install kit
good idea!!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor
Done...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit