996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit

Priced at $6899 - Vivid Racing 600 Turbo Kit Porsche 996TT 01-05 Vivid Racing

Don't want to spend the big bucks for the Agency Power AFI 650 Turbo Kit? No problem! For those speed junkies on a budget, we have packaged together the Vivid Racing 600 Turbo Kit for the 996TT owners. With this kit you will see about 480-500 all wheel horsepower. The difference of going with this compared to the 650 kit is not on horsepower, but component quality, and upgrade potential to even larger turbos then the GT2860rs. But..... Here is what you get with the 600 Kit.
  • K24/18G Hybrid Turbos - Modified Turbos, these have quick spool, big midrange power, and are good up to almost 600 crank horsepower. That is 480-500 at the wheels!
  • Internal wastegate setup or optional Tial External Wastegates for bigger torque gains. Read about Porsche and External WastegatesHERE.
  • Softronic ECU Flash specific for your octane, environment, and the K24/18G turbo setup. You receive a client cable to do on the car flashing for easiest and convenient updating. Read about Softronic and Vivid Racing HERE.
  • Greddy Profec B Spec II electronic boost controller. The Greddy unit offers better control over the factory solenoid. You can set high and low boost settings, warning features, and more. Plus it has a digital boost gauge read out. See More on the Greddy Here.
  • 5 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator to deliver the additional fueling needed for the increase in Horsepower.
This is the basic kit setup for those who already have all the core products. If you are starting from a stock vehicle, you will need items such as:
  • Diverter Valves
  • Boost Hoses w/FHose
  • Exhaust
  • Intake
  • Headers w/wo External Wastegates
Watch the External Wastegates in action!
http://www.youtube.com/v/EcS0Cg8gDao

Turbos upgraded by Protomotive -

Old 12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Nice offer Dan, I'm in I'll call ya!!! Thanks for making high quality hp affordable!!
will go well with the rest of my stuff!!

any fuel line upgrades needed? Do you loose the hp due to a less effective turbo??

Last edited by tom kerr; 12-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Hey Tom,

Not sure what you meant by less effective turbo, but this will be a great set-up for the guys that are thinking of going with something a bit more mild than our 650 kit.

Great set-up for a great price. I bet you would terrorize the track with this set-up!!

Mitch

Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Brett B is infamous around these parts
Kit looks good Dan, how do the K24/18G hybrids compare to a standard K24 in terms of spoolup and power? Also, these turbos will bolt up to the stock manifolds/oil drains correct? Thanks.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
How do these compare to the protomotive k24/18g turbos? Todds seem to be good for way past 600hp. I'm interested just need more info. Thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmmm......I think I see Vivid selling a LOT of these kits in the future....good job guys....

Old 12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Turbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochris has a reputation beyond repute
NOW what you guys need to do is come up with a little mounting kit that houses the Greddy and a couple of gauges.....replace my CD holder with one....I'd be first in line for a Greddy/gauges/panel install kit

Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mitch@Vivid
Hey Tom,

Not sure what you meant by less effective turbo, but this will be a great set-up for the guys that are thinking of going with something a bit more mild than our 650 kit.

Great set-up for a great price. I bet you would terrorize the track with this set-up!!

Mitch
Just trying to see where that extra 50 hp went!

I think guys with the x-50's this kit is a no brainer cause you can upgrade your turbos for 1/4 the price. Also seems like the most reasonable quality upgrade for the K-16 crowd!!

Thanks again, I am sold.

What are the hybrid turbos good up to?? 600??

Old 12-05-2007, 02:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Tom, what happened to keeping it stock???

I am patting myself on the back for insisting you wouldnt make it.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Just trying to see where that extra 50 hp went!

I think guys with the x-50's this kit is a no brainer cause you can upgrade your turbos for 1/4 the price. Also seems like the most reasonable quality upgrade for the K-16 crowd!!

Thanks again, I am sold.

What are the hybrid turbos good up to?? 600??
Oh I got ya. The loss in power is because it is a slightly smaller turbo.

This set-up will still be sweet for everyday street or track driving, as long as you don't roll up on someone with the our 650 package.

Also I bet they would be good to close to 600. But 600 on our dyno versus most other dyno's is huge. Our dyno is a true 100% heartbreaker.

Mitch

Old 12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
dxb996tt is infamous around these parts
Dan

This looks like a great kit, and excellent alternative to the full blown 650 package.

One quick question, if i were to go with the 600 kit and add the external wastegate option, what, if anything, would i need to change if i later decided to go with the larger turbos offered with the 650 package? I'm assuming it would be as simple adding the turbos and a new Softronic file, would there be any additional cost for the reflash or anything else?.... If thats the case you might have your first order for a 600 kit coming from Dubai this weekend

Also with the headers you guys offer, are these just modded to accomodate the external wg or is there anything else done to them? Could you do a port/polish and ceramic coating as well as I havent found places in Dubai that can do that for me.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
StrokedViper is infamous around these parts
Dany, I feel like buying a kit and I haven't even found my car yet.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Great Package at an exceptional price.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ssmugen
How do these compare to the protomotive k24/18g turbos? Todds seem to be good for way past 600hp. I'm interested just need more info. Thanks
Sorry you might have overlooked my post... Markski is also running k24/18g turbos if i'm not mistaken and is making quite a bit more than 600hp. Just wondering what the difference in turbos were. Thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
SSMugen - Markski is running GT35R with over $100K in work. He is making over 800 rwhp. Also the turbos are being modified by Protomotive, he does good work and that is where we will get our turbos done. Way past 600hp, again... what dyno, what boost, what octane, rwd or awd...

OneLove - Thank you

StrokedViper - Buy mine!

dxb996tt - you cant upgrade, that is the problem with doing these hybrids, you can only modify that turbo housing so much. The 650 kit is superior as it accomondates any Garrett turbo. GT28, GT30, GT35. I would love to have my first order, but you are way better going with the 650 kit and running it tame or being able to go further with engine build and GT30's making 700whp. Port and polish might get you 5hp, why bother. The finish of these headers is exceptional - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...1-p-32101.html Yes these are modified to use external gates. We can ceramic coat them if you want, there is a place right by us. LET ME KNOW!

Like Mitch said the Mustang Dyno is a heartbreaker, but before and after testing is what is important. If you want a cool big number to tell all your friends, disconnect your front drive shaft, and run RWD on a dyno jet, then you will have something cool to put in your signature.

BrettB - yes this is an OEM install.

Tom - the titles are just marketing... why a GT800, they dont put down 800 to the wheels. and what is GT for anyway, "Good Time". The 650 kit can also be a 700 kit, build your motor and run more boost. The Garrett GT2860 turbos are good for 400 each, that would be 800hp. You can run those at 1.5 bar, but I would not on 91 octane and stock internals. The reason to put out there another K24/18G setup is simple. Plenty of people machine turbos, but Protomotive does a good job and has numbers with this hybrid. In readings, this setup is good for 480-500HP on a normal dyno with normal octane and about 1.2-1.3bar of boost. Conservative and safe. Take the 10-15% drivetrain loss (arguement coming) and bammo 600 crank. What I did was then include our components that others would sell you too. I just give you a cheaper option.

My opinion - you drive a 996TT which was new 120K ish. You want the bad boy billy stuff that is invincible and when you get bored of your current power you can easily advance, get the 650-700 kit. You want some power to cruise the streets, get the 600 setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't Pony up for the 650 Kit, How About a 600 Kit