996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Imagine Auto Stage 2 (Evo) write up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 05:28 PM
AMG-ETR
Imagine Auto Stage 2 (Evo) write up

I just came home from having my DV's, and airfilter put in. This completed my stage 2. My first impressions:
THEY CAR IS A ROCKET!!! I have gone from .7bar to .9-1.0 bar, and have hit 1.1bar once!! The car just pulls and pulls and pulls!! So far I am very impressed with it. I am going to have the car dynoed tom. night so we will see how that turns out, I am giving Evo and Stephen the benifit of the doubt that all the power is there, but someone offered to do it so....why not.

Now as for Imagine Auto......NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS!!! Stephen is a great guy, and has a great product!! He had great comunication and service also. He even checked in with me to see why my ECU wasn't there yet, because he knew I had a show (I forgot to tell him I didn't send it ). Nothing but good things to say about the company and product. The ECU was easy to uninstall, and put back in (Except the subs ), and my mechanic had the DV's and airfilters in, within 45 mins!!
Well time for me to go give her a bath.
Regards,
Evan
BTW-The RUF pedals are in too, I like them a lot, thanks Weissach!!

Old 08-21-2003, 07:00 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Hey Evan, how'd you hit those bar readings while following factory break-in requirements or have you put that many miles on the thing already?

Old 08-21-2003, 07:21 PM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by ben, lj
Hey Evan, how'd you hit those bar readings while following factory break-in requirements or have you put that many miles on the thing already?
I bought the car used with 1700 miles on it, it now has 2200, so I am out of breakin yes. My friend who is an owner of a Porsche dealership in Mass. always told my dad the guidelines are BS. That we should just vary speed. He said if you drive it easy, that is what the computer sets up as your driving style. He said you should get on it a bit, so that it knows how you intend to drive it. He said that is straight from his porsche rep., the breakin is more to cover their **** .
Regards,
Evan

Old 08-21-2003, 09:17 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
i think a properly broken in 2k miles TT would be a much better buy than a new one. it would just be soooooooooo hard to refrain :-)

btw, i don't buy the "don't worry about breaking it in" line, but sure hear it a lot.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
My pleasure Evan, You have any idea how many things I have missed because poeple were snoozing on the customer service end??TONS. I will be damned if I do...

Don't forget to give the car 50 miles with aggressive driving to seat the program before dynoing.

Last edited by PorschePhd; 08-21-2003 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:32 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Evan where are you having the car dynoed?

Old 08-22-2003, 06:53 AM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by Duane
Evan where are you having the car dynoed?
Prototech. Whats the deal with them?? Good, bad??
Evan

Old 08-22-2003, 07:23 AM
AMG-ETR
Originally posted by PorschePhD
My pleasure Evan, You have any idea how many things I have missed because poeple were snoozing on the customer service end??TONS. I will be damned if I do...

Don't forget to give the car 50 miles with aggressive driving to seat the program before dynoing.
I have already put 150 miles on the car since I got the ECU back most of them hard . It is about a 40-50 mile drive to Miami where the car is being dynoed, I will drive it hard there too.
Evan