996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Let's see those racing seats!! (non GT3)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Let's see those racing seats!! (non GT3)

I have decided against the GT3 seats for the reason that they are not as light as some other options, and I'm broad shouldered and hate the way they push my shoulders forward.

However, I dont want to cheapen the look of the interior, so I'd like to see some alternative racing seats in a TT. I am not getting GT3 seats, and that is final, but I do want to know if I'll be changing seats in and out after every event to keep the look I want in the car.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:19 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I dont have a pic that is readily available of the interior of my car,but if you want something that looks quality, go with a leather pole position. Other than that, its all about the SPGs...love my comp seats!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:24 PM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
get carrera GT seats, they were at the recaro booth at Sema last year. i wonder if you could fit the Euro RS4 seats in it? those are fantastic.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
what is SPG

Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Super Patootie Grabbers

They are race seats made by recaro...most certainly not uhh..."classy" but they are probably some of the best in the non cf biz...

Old 12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
Super Patootie Grabbers

They are race seats made by recaro...most certainly not uhh..."classy" but they are probably some of the best in the non cf biz...

I looked them up, do you keep it in the car all the time or do you switch? I thought about getting a big seat like that, but it would have to come out between events and I'm trying to avoid that if possible.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 PM
They are in there all the time...they are really quite comfortable. That said, the car is really a track car and I rarely drive it on the street anymore. I think they do make an XL version of that seat as well. The Pole positions that i mentioned however can be had in leather and are really great looking!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
sparco dtm millar racing has a set i love mine

Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
joyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura aboutjoyride has a spectacular aura about
If you like the Profi's, try a Racetech 4009W (wide).
Racetech's are very comfortable and quality is top notch.

Attached Images  
Old 12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
manalex is infamous around these parts
I think I ran into the same issue you are having. The seats that "fit" your needs for comfort and support may not fit the look and feel of the interior. Especially when you're dealing with a big "Sparco" or "Evo" on the head rest in contrasting stitching. I considered getting the seats that "fit" and then have them re-upholstered in leather. While I didn't investigate it too deeply, I found that the cost was the same (possibly more) as getting the GT3 seats so I decided to go that route. Thought I'd mention it because this may be a good option for you.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:05 PM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Heavychevy I'm in the same situation as you as well ... the ones that I am considering are

SP-GN Edel
SP-GIII Alcantara
SP-GIII ASM

All of them look very classy and yet gives excellent weight savings

Old 12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
I picked up a pair of Sparco Evo2 Plus seats. The reasons I went with this seat is because I'm 5'11 and 215#'s. I sat in a friends GT3 seats and the seat it self, hips and thighs, felt very comfortable however my shoulders didn't fit. I believe that these were the small size.

I went to a locally shop and found that the Sparco's were a MUCH better fit for my frame. I have the grey interior in my car and they didn't have a matching color but, I didn't care because after my track season ended they came out. When I first swapped the seats I was amazed at how much the stock seats weigh. The Sparcos are very light but, with the added hardware they were a bit heaver, no where close to the stock seat weights. Hope that helped and they made a huge difference at the track.

Here is a picture of them after I removed them.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:07 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
Seats

How about these, I bought them this year and still have not installed them
Recaro Sport Topline, Look brand new, I bought them from MARKSKI.
Let me know cause I'm looking to go another route.

Attached Images    

Last edited by gt2buyer; 12-06-2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:13 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Recaro Hans

/thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:10 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
Bride GIAS or Brix III

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Let's see those racing seats!! (non GT3)