996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:26 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
If it is indeed are a pair of Zero Clearance Turbos ... and since Kevin @ UMW is the only one that manufactures / fabricates them ... Wouldnt it would be logical and prudent to obtain programming from him, yes? Just my $0.02 ...

No, There are plenty programmes out there to choose for that Hybrid.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
No, There are plenty programmes out there to choose for that Hybrid.
Unless I'm mistaken (in which I dont think I am) ... the Zero Clearance process was pioneered by Kevin @ UMW ...

Therefore, to maximize snail efficiency ... and simply being a good ... no, GREAT idea to obtain programmer from the MANUFACTURER of the turbos ...

I'm certain that Martin (USCTrojanMan) is a smart guy and would gotten in contact with the manufacturer by now ...

Old 12-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin
Martin, before you get your wallet out.. Give me a call 360.805-9066 and lets verify your turbochargers to see what they are..

And since you say I built them I can supply you with the matching programming!!
PLAN "A"

Old 12-07-2007, 04:09 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Unless I'm mistaken (in which I dont think I am) ... the Zero Clearance process was pioneered by Kevin @ UMW ...

Therefore, to maximize snail efficiency ... and simply being a good ... no, GREAT idea to obtain programmer from the MANUFACTURER of the turbos ...

I'm certain that Martin (USCTrojanMan) is a smart guy and would gotten in contact with the manufacturer by now ...
Sounds just about right, every other tuners programming is inferior to Kevins.

Now where have I heard this before.....mmmmm, let me think!

Old 12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by John D
Martin,

My K16/24 - 1/4 mile runs linked below are with Speed Gallery 16/24's and FVD stage 4 software. Ask Sam how my car ran with FVD...he said I was getting every ounce of power out of them...and FVD has a pretty attractive deal on their software now. Based on my experience, you can not go wrong with the FVD/Speed Gallery combo.
I can vouch for that..
I bought John's set up and my car now feels like a brute (Dyno set for saturday) ...I'm happy thanks John.
Elliot

Old 12-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Sounds just about right, every other tuners programming is inferior to Kevins.

Now where have I heard this before.....mmmmm, let me think!
I dont believe that I claimed that Kevin's programming is superior to every other tuners' programming. All I'm saying is that since he's the manufacturer of the ZC turbos ... it might be a good idea to see what he can do for programming.

But since we're in the subject of the superiority of Kevin's programming... YES, Kevin's Zero Clearance progamming for HIS Zero Clearance turbos would definately be superior ....

It's the same thing as Proto's K24/18G programming for Proto's K24/18G turbo would be superior for the application as well ...

Old 12-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I dont believe that I claimed that Kevin's programming is superior to every other tuners' programming. All I'm saying is that since he's the manufacturer of the ZC turbos ... it might be a good idea to see what he can do for programming.

But since we're in the subject of the superiority of Kevin's programming... YES, Kevin's Zero Clearance progamming for HIS Zero Clearance turbos would definately be superior ....

It's the same thing as Proto's K24/18G programming for Proto's K24/18G turbo would be superior for the application as well ...
No offence, but I disagree with you, I think nowadays they are much of a much, most tuners have raised their game but all to a level par, and at the level of tuning were are currently talking about (on this thread) I don't think there will be much in it. I just don't think his only option is Kevins, but I could guess who's PMing Martin right now, lol

Old 12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Just curious Saint, what programming do you have?

Old 12-07-2007, 05:01 PM
No offence, but I disagree with you, I think nowadays they are much of a much, most tuners have raised their game but all to a level par, and at the level of tuning were are currently talking about (on this thread) I don't think there will be much in it. I just don't think his only option is Kevins, but I could guess who's PMing Martin right now, lol
LOL.. Non taken ... no worries.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Turbohead
I can vouch for that..
I bought John's set up and my car now feels like a brute (Dyno set for saturday) ...I'm happy thanks John.
Elliot
Hey Elliot, can you send me your dyno results when you get them? I'd love to see what kind of power the hybrids put out vs. the Stage 2 that I have now (I'm dynoing it on Saturday too). Thanks in advance.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
In the interest of fairness and curiousity, I will be calling Kevin, Vivid, and FVD next week and hear what they all have to say. Pricing will be a consideration if the software cost is much higher at one tuner vs. another.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
Hey Elliot, can you send me your dyno results when you get them? I'd love to see what kind of power the hybrids put out vs. the Stage 2 that I have now (I'm dynoing it on Saturday too). Thanks in advance.
Roger that.
Elliot

Old 12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Not to muddy the waters here, but I have kevin's "older" K16/K24 turbos and I'm using the upsolute program and I can't help but think that Kevin's tune would be better than Upsolutes, which I know isn't an "option", but some of the comments made make sense from both sides of the fence...

I'm getting ready to pull my computer and send it off, and as of now, unless someone can tell my WHY (In solid technical terms) not to send it to Kevin, He's getting my business...

I'm pulling 510WHP right now with the K16/K24s, or atleast "was" with the other exhaust and other airbox. We'll see what I do with a full 70mm exhaust and the vivid box, once I get the new "tune".

I'm a road racer, and not a drag racer, so heatsoak and "lean"tunes will not work for me...
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 12-07-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Martin,

I would be curious to see, as well. However, dynos vary - some read high, some read low, so you never know if the reading is high or low compared to others. Based on some speculation last year (linked to trap speed), it was estimated that the K16/24's on my car were making about 600HP. The only other mods I had were V-Flow and ported OEM headers. Speed Gallery said I would be at 575 HP with the package they sold me and the one Elliot is now running, so I think 600 may be a little optimistic.

To give you an idea of what to expect (powerwise), the step from stage 2 to stage 4 is like the step from stock to stage 2. Then if you go to 700, it's like one more similar step...

Last edited by John D; 12-07-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
This is my dyno on those turbos and GIAC programming. Driveshaft removed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter