996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:33 PM
forhamilton is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
This is my dyno on those turbos and GIAC programming. Driveshaft removed.

Why are there so many spikes and dips in the curve?

Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
I dunno? I've never seen a smooth one on these cars....

Old 12-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If you can find a tuner that can customize your ecu- that is the one to go with...
Trust me I had enough ecus in my car to be able to tell... LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
If you can find a tuner that can customize your ecu- that is the one to go with...
Trust me I had enough ecus in my car to be able to tell... LOL
Markski please elaborate...

One thing I hate with my porsche is I had a great (even fairly famous) tuner for my C5, who would put the car on the dyno, make a few runs with the laptop datalogging, make adjustments to all the tables, Boom done!

I wish I could take my car to a tuner *(reasonably close to me, as in within a couple states) and have them tune the car's software, based on my specific motor, with my specific parts, and have it optimized for my specific use...I also hate shipping my computer out thru fedex/ups... Once it leaves my hands, I have little assurance it'll come back...

Mike

Old 12-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by John D
Martin,

I would be curious to see, as well. However, dynos vary - some read high, some read low, so you never know if the reading is high or low compared to others. Based on some speculation last year (linked to trap speed), it was estimated that the K16/24's on my car were making about 600HP. The only other mods I had were V-Flow and ported OEM headers. Speed Gallery said I would be at 575 HP with the package they sold me and the one Elliot is now running, so I think 600 may be a little optimistic.

To give you an idea of what to expect (powerwise), the step from stage 2 to stage 4 is like the step from stock to stage 2. Then if you go to 700, it's like one more similar step...
John D
Today is dyno on AWD mustang At EPL I will do it again on a Dyno jet with drive shaft removed so we will be able to compare.
Elliot

Old 12-08-2007, 08:44 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Elliot,

Good luck. Please let us know the results.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:03 PM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
This is my dyno with K16/24 (non ZC) with upsolute flash.
HP at the crank,4 wheel drive dyno. A/F between 11.5-12.3

Old 12-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Marine8541 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dixie
This is my dyno with K16/24 (non ZC) with upsolute flash.
HP at the crank,4 wheel drive dyno. A/F between 11.5-12.3
I have one question about the Chart, not about the BHP that is listed instead of WHP but rather about the HP. In Belgium you use HP and NM? I thought most European countries use KW and NM ?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
We use KW and HP but in Belgium HP is more known..10 years ago KW was almost never used...

Old 12-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
I dynoed my car today @ Stage 2

Peak HP - 397rwhp
Peak TQ - 424rwtq

However, I would have pulled a higher HP number but my car pulled timing around 5,000rmp on each run so maybe I could have hit 410-415rwhp...

Old 12-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dixie
We use KW and HP but in Belgium HP is more known..10 years ago KW was almost never used...
That's a nice looking dyno, but I think I'll be closer to 430rwhp once I put the hybrids on (using a Mustang dyno).

Old 12-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by John D
Martin,

My K16/24 - 1/4 mile runs linked below are with Speed Gallery 16/24's and FVD stage 4 software. Ask Sam how my car ran with FVD...he said I was getting every ounce of power out of them...and FVD has a pretty attractive deal on their software now. Based on my experience, you can not go wrong with the FVD/Speed Gallery combo.

Do not use the FVD stage 4 program . THE afr's in the mid range go as hi as 13.5 then re correct themselves(proven by elliot(turbohead) yesterday on EPLlab.net's dyno) . Please for your sake get a custom tune (EPL) or go see the Kevin at UMW for I believe hes the only one with a true k16/24 program. I dont want to see your car have a "I blew up my ****" thread.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:28 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Highhats
Do not use the FVD stage 4 program . THE afr's in the mid range go as hi as 13.5 then re correct themselves(proven by elliot(turbohead) yesterday on EPLlab.net's dyno) . Please for your sake get a custom tune (EPL) or go see the Kevin at UMW for I believe hes the only one with a true k16/24 program. I dont want to see your car have a "I blew up my ****" thread.
ah,,,,could it be because the fvd stage 4 is programmed for k24/26?

gunter (gemballa) was one of the first to have a program for the k16/24's and also cargraphic was one of the first. umw wasn't even on the radar for k16/24's programming.

Last edited by oak; 12-09-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oak
ah,,,,could it be because the fvd stage 4 is programmed for k24/26?

gunter (gemballa) was one of the first to have a program for the k16/24's and also cargraphic was one of the first. umw wasn't even on the radar for k16/24's programming.

Im sure anything meant for the turbos would be better then the fvd stage 4. mid 13 afr's is disastrous especially on boost. I had these turbos on my car for just a couple months ad the damage had been done internally. Stephen Chime in if u read this. thanks

S

Old 12-09-2007, 09:44 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
curious , this is news to me. who's turbos did you exactly have? and what type of damage? stephen please chime in, I would love to hear the problems. I'm very doubtful to the point of calling bs.

Last edited by oak; 12-09-2007 at 09:46 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter