996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oak
curious , this is news to me. who's turbos did you exactly have? and what type of damage? stephen please chime in, I would love to hear the problems. I'm very doubtful to the point of calling bs.

UMW turbos, stage 4 giac program and my exhaust chambers looked charred when my motor was opened up. Call all the BS u want Its proven on the dyno that programs go lean on these turbos especially when they are not designed for them.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
you didn't answer my initial questions. what exact turbos? what kind of charring are speaking of? what type of fuel and octane? much more to pics that the eye can see.

brombacher, has access to the all the performance bosche programmers that porsche motorsports uses. I doubt he would let a potentially dangerous map to get out. I have never heard of anyone blowing a motor due to a bad program from fvd.

I can't say that for other tuners.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
UMW turbos, stage 4 giac program and my exhaust chambers looked charred when my motor was opened up. Call all the BS u want Its proven on the dyno that programs go lean on these turbos especially when they are not designed for them.
Did you run k16/k24 hybrids on FVD programming?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
No I ran GIAC software with my hybrids. thanks

S

Old 12-09-2007, 10:07 AM
OAk is obviously an owner with this set up. Why dont you go out and dyno the car with boost and afr hooked up. If you do not go lean on boost, then the problem is else where on elliots car right? I saw your rennlist pic thread no wonder your getting so defensive. blah

Car was right where it should be power wise doesnt mean afr is clean. I rather take clean afr then power.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Based on everything I know about software tuning, I'm gonna send my computer to Kevin. I'll be ringing him this week. I've often wondered about the Upsolute tune, and with this new airbox, the larger 70MM exhaust system, and the other parts, I'm just wondering how efficient the tune is and what's being put to risk.

Mike

Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
s, if you ran 16/24 turbos with fvd stage 4 program you ran the incorrect turbos for that programming. I doubt the lean condition is the program. it's the wrong turbos.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Do not use the FVD stage 4 program . THE afr's in the mid range go as hi as 13.5 then re correct themselves(proven by elliot(turbohead) yesterday on EPLlab.net's dyno) . Please for your sake get a custom tune (EPL) or go see the Kevin at UMW for I believe hes the only one with a true k16/24 program. I dont want to see your car have a "I blew up my ****" thread.
Suman,
That is not exactly right. At one small point it went to lean 13:2 about 3200 RPM,the higher RPMs were fine. Tony felt it could be that 5 bar PR should be installed. That said I would certainly let Tony do a custom tune he is very talented and really knows his s....t , infact I will bring my 965T EFI w /Haltech for him to clean up.

John D Drag raced (which I don't do )this set up numerous times and as He said ,he got the most out it with no problems to his engine.

The car runs very strong for what it is as evidenced by the Dyno sheets I will post as soon as I figure out how to ( DUH) sheets.
I still have a lot of confidence in FVD, and over all the performance was very excellent, compared the the other programs dynoed that day.

I enjoyed meeting the other guys.

AWD Mustang Dyno
Horsepower
465.5 @ 5400 rpm /87.2mph

Torque ft lbs
546 @ 3519 RPM /57mph

SG k16/24s
FVD program
Ported OEM headers
GT2 IC's
Evoms intake
Forge diverters
Fabspeed GEN 3

Elliot

Last edited by Turbohead; 12-09-2007 at 10:17 AM. Reason: left out exhaust
Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 AM
oak
s, I do not run that program. yes, with the fvd stage 4 you need an 5bar reg.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Banned
OAk is obviously an owner with this set up. Why dont you go out and dyno the car with boost and afr hooked up. If you do not go lean on boost, then the problem is else where on elliots car right? I saw your rennlist pic thread no wonder your getting so defensive. blah

Car was right where it should be power wise doesnt mean afr is clean. I rather take clean afr then power.
Elliot's dyno yesterday?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Turbohead
Suman,
That is not exactly right. At one small point it went to lean 13:2 about 3200 RPM,the higher RPMs were fine. Tony felt it could be that 5 bar PR should be installed. That said I would certainly let Tony do a custom tune he is very talented and really knows his s....t , infact I will bring my 965T EFI w /Haltech for him to clean up.
Elliot the car should be running stead 11.8 on pump gas. My motor was fine till I opened her up and saw the damage. Come on stephen show these guys pics of my motor opened. PS any tuner come on here and comment on going 13.2 coming onto boost at peak tq. they will say r u kidding me on a Porsche WHAT DO U WANT TO BLOW IT UP.

S

Old 12-09-2007, 10:15 AM
oak
suman, don't get mad. relax, you sound like a cry baby.

I just know the facts. ok, you can go get your pacifier.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Banned
No I ran GIAC software with my hybrids. thanks

S
If you ran lean with the GIAC software, then why you are claiming that the FVD program will run lean?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by oak
suman, don't get mad. relax, you sound like a cry baby.

I just know the facts. ok, you can go get your pacifier.

Wow you really are a loser. grow up!

Old 12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by oak
s, I do not run that program. yes, with the fvd stage 4 you need an 5bar reg.
That's a good idea Oak, I'm gonna pick up the 5bar regulator as an insurance policy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter