996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
Hi Elliot, did Eric have a chance to scan the dyno chart yet?

The 13.2 at torque peak did trouble me. But honestly what troubled me more was how hard it knocked at the same spot.

This is acutally the first 996 I have heard audibly knock on the dyno. Just take care untill you/we can test with the 5 bar in to see if it corrects the situation.

Like we talked about yesterday run the gas out and fill up with fresh 93. Hopefully it was just bad gas.
Tony,
I did forget to mention that I have gotten an engine light. Code was for secondary air system . this happened with the old ECU and the new one.
Could this be an air leak ? which is contributing to this situation?
Elliot

Old 12-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Turbohead
Tony,
I did forget to mention that I have gotten an engine light. Code was for secondary air system . this happened with the old ECU and the new one.
Could this be an air leak ? which is contributing to this situation?
Elliot
Maybe a cracked F-hose? I had the same code long time ago and replaced the hoses and diverters and never had the issue again. I see you have diverters so Im leaning to hoses, especially the F-hose from previous thread searches.

S

Last edited by Highhats; 12-09-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
tony there was knock, really! Def hard to get these motors to knock but now imagine a really bad batch of pump gas. I dont want to. Elliot get the car tuned man. ith a richer set up in the 11's you have more leeway for bad batches of gas. Just my IMO

S
Wouldn't the car pull timing if the AFRs are above 12 or if there was bad gas? The reason I ask because on my dyno runs the car pulled timing on all 3 runs around 5,000rpm.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:00 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is turning out to be a good in' lol

Old 12-09-2007, 12:13 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Martin-

Just install the turbos and see how it runs...You'll be surprised how much the ecu can adapt

Old 12-09-2007, 01:55 PM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
Wouldn't the car pull timing if the AFRs are above 12 or if there was bad gas? The reason I ask because on my dyno runs the car pulled timing on all 3 runs around 5,000rpm.

Detonation can happen faster then the ecu has time to correct for....

Old 12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod
Detonation can happen faster then the ecu has time to correct for....
A poorly tune engine will last one day

Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
I dynoed my car today @ Stage 2

Peak HP - 397rwhp
Peak TQ - 424rwtq

However, I would have pulled a higher HP number but my car pulled timing around 5,000rmp on each run so maybe I could have hit 410-415rwhp...
I think ... if memory serves ... some dude named "KPG" ran 518 AWHP / 580 AWTQ on UMW's K16/K24 ZC (Kevin's programming of course) ...

Great thing about it.. he didnt have to ship his ECU !!!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
If only I could find his dyno graph ...

Old 12-10-2007, 07:24 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Ari, it was 512 AWHP and 565 AWTQ on a AWD Mustang at 1.25 Bar and running only pump gas. I will try to find the graph, but suffice it so Kevin's turbos work best with his programming.....

Old 12-10-2007, 07:50 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
here are the graphs. This ran 128+ at the track with pump gas.....

Old 12-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Ari, it was 512 AWHP and 565 AWTQ on a AWD Mustang at 1.25 Bar and running only pump gas. I will try to find the graph, but suffice it so Kevin's turbos work best with his programming.....
Ahhh... 512AWHP / 565AWTQ ... my mistake, I stand corrected ... not bad for 1.25 bar and pump gas...

I'm curious how these "modest" sized k16's would run with race gas and slightly higher boost ...

Can anybody chime in?

Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Well My computer is going back to Upsolute today, and as soon as I get it back I'll be ordering Kevin's tune and a 5bar FPR. Kevin and I spoke on the phone for over half hour yesterday and I'm pretty much done with my search.

a 5Bar FPR is $275 and about an hour to install. So why wouldn't you safe guard your investment?

Mike

Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 AM
KPG
Ahhh... 512AWHP / 565AWTQ ... my mistake, I stand corrected ... not bad for 1.25 bar and pump gas...

I'm curious how these "modest" sized k16's would run with race gas and slightly higher boost ...

Can anybody chime in?
Well, seeing as you have the same setup, maybe you should try the race gas file. The funny thing is that during my whole time with this setup I was nursing an intermittent Bank1 VarioCam fault that turned out to be terminal eventually and Porsche paid to have the motor R+R and the VC module and sealing rings replaced. I did have the race file and was on my way to the track to run it when the VC failed . It crapped out as I turned into the track, so I never got the chance. When the VC fails the car idles like a bulldozer.....

Old 12-11-2007, 07:37 AM
nerdhotrod is infamous around these partsnerdhotrod is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KPG
here are the graphs. This ran 128+ at the track with pump gas.....

The hp@50 should be 15.4 when testing this car. Figures may be slightly off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter