996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Question Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter

Ok gang, I have a pair of Speed Gallery zero-clearance k16/k24 hybrids sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I'm at Stage 2 currently (GIAC flash, intake, exhaust, diverters, port headers) and will be getting a baseline dyno on Saturday. I've been doing some research and I'm not sure who's got the best software for my needs...either GIAC, FVD, Vivid Racing, etc... A little input in terms of software recommendation would be appreciated guys.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
cargraphic has a nice 16/24 prg and so does gunter. ask speed gallery or kevin from umw for the gunter prg.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Those sound like Kevin's turbos. He probably has THE file.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Banned
USCTrojanMan29 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Zippy
Those sound like Kevin's turbos. He probably has THE file.
I thought Kevin only does the K18/K26 hybrid turbos... These are Speed Gallery hybrids that I picked up from a fellow member.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
from my personal experience the k16/24 hybrids are very sensitive to overspinning and heat soaking. ok for the occaisional short/quick boosting but not very good for prolonged boosting.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:03 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29
I thought Kevin only does the K18/K26 hybrid turbos... These are Speed Gallery hybrids that I picked up from a fellow member.
Who else does ZC coating?????? I think he used to be a supporter of K16 some time back. (2002 ?)

Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
If they're from Speed Gallery, why not get the programming they sell with them? Probably the easiest route.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
UMW can do a file for 16/24's, I have it and it's very nice

Christian

Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
FVD has a good tune file for that K16/K24. My experience with FVD has been world class, and my car runs strong. I like being able to change tune files with the click of the mouse. Good Luck...see you tomorrow!

Old 12-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I will take care of you man, Softronic. Send you some AP freebies too to promote Just call me.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Martin, We would be happy to discuss what we can offer you. Give Mark in Technical Support a call at 800-274-2220 Ext. 27

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Martin,

My K16/24 - 1/4 mile runs linked below are with Speed Gallery 16/24's and FVD stage 4 software. Ask Sam how my car ran with FVD...he said I was getting every ounce of power out of them...and FVD has a pretty attractive deal on their software now. Based on my experience, you can not go wrong with the FVD/Speed Gallery combo.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kevin
Martin, before you get your wallet out.. Give me a call 360.805-9066 and lets verify your turbochargers to see what they are..

And since you say I built them I can supply you with the matching programming!!
What he says!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Martin make sure you are not brain washed, they can be used with other programmes. Listen to John.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
If it is indeed are a pair of Zero Clearance Turbos ... and since Kevin @ UMW is the only one that manufactures / fabricates them ... Wouldnt it would be logical and prudent to obtain programming from him, yes? Just my $0.02 ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installing K16/K24 Hybrids...need Software advice...Sponsors/Tuners enter