996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help... gauge face change now speedo and tack don't work

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Help... gauge face change now speedo and tack don't work

I just replaced the black gauge faces for some red ones and everything works except my speedo and tack. No movement at all. Followed the instructions that came with the faces and it was pretty straight forward. I am really bummed out. Did I break the cluster?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Well I am sure you knocked the keeper or pin off the little motor in the gauge, your not the first or the last. You really really need to be delicate when doing this swap.I have heard if you take it apart you can put the pin or keeper back on.Good luck and sorry to hear. Are you sure all 3 of the connectors ( wire harness ) are plugged in to the back tightly?