996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60 to 130 - December 8 - Lonestar Results and Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Peter, Please post the usernames of all the 6-speed members that participated so that I can add them to the 60-130 list once they're verified. Thanks.Great job, everyone.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-09-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:37 AM
roro is infamous around these parts
One of the best times ever! Great job to Peter and crew for putting together!

See everyone in 2008...

Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Thanks Peter had a great time. Sean said it was close on the run back home.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:22 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott (Div) - let me do my best here!

Sebastian Robles Supra - seafish on other forums, not sure if he's here...
Duy Bui Supra - he's here, not sure of his name
Matt Powell C5 Vette with big motor and NOS - Lil powell
Tai Nguyen - Great White
Ashik Supra - not on here
Gene Lou 997TT - eclou
Ryan Alcorn 996TT - TX Gold
Todd Ferguson 06 ZO6 - don't know
Jeremy Noack 383 ci C5 - not on here
Sean Reed 04 M3 S/C - Dr Jitsu
Jim Boeker 05 Viper SRT10 S/C - not on here but he is the President of the Houston chapter of the Viper Club of America
Darrin Chippi C6 Vette - not on here
Scott Merovitch 06 Viper - not on here
Mark Campbell - C6 Vette - not on here
Wayne Beck 04 Viper - not on here

V Petor 06 Ford GT - no clue
Roveen Abank Lamborghini Gallardo - roro
C. R. Bergstrom 07 Bentley Continental GT - not on here
Bob Helms 06 CLS55 AMG - not on here
Frank Piper 06 C6 - not on here
Sean Mertovitch 02 Mustang GT - not on here

Paulie - hahahahaha, you always stirring the pot! In all fairness, Sean is right...I gave him 3 cars on the hit, and after one gear, he was 5 cars behind me... Of course if he had the GT2, it would have only been a 1 car pull. hahahah

Peter

Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ya, this time Peter gave me the jump and blew right by the M3....the m3 dynoed at 560 but the torque is only around 400 lbs. I ran Nick a bit and he pulled on me pretty hard.

The M3 is a wonderful car but it just can't compete w/ the big boys in terms of highway power. The car needs new plugs but w/ out a 12K investment it won't run w/ the big dogs. I need to de-emphasize my car habit now anyway.

I was going to do a write up of the event last night but I came home to a bit of a tragedy. Fargo, my beloved Pit Bull died yesterday while I was selfishly playing w/ my toys.. I am ashamed to say that I was not able to be with him. I was planning on euthanizing him this week. I wanted to look him in the eyes as he took his last breath like I did his mamma.

I am going to go bury him now.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Sideways has a spectacular aura aboutSideways has a spectacular aura about
This sure seems like fun. I'm curious why several cars were listed as not able to get to 130mph.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sean sorry to hear about you loss of a beloved friend.I am sure he is one happy dog now with out any pain.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Matt, your car is so slow it's not even funny. Step it up guy LOL!
Dont worry Rob, I will be working out the bug and hoping for low 5's next time. I had alittle traction problem so I started in 3rd gear at 3050 rpm, I think if I would have hooked in 2nd the car would have goin a 5.5 to 5.6. Also the head wind wasnt helping any car's out there, but it was really fun playing with the big boys.
Matt

Old 12-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Great pics and cars guys! Wish I had my p car back and was there.

S

Old 12-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Sean, sorry to hear of your loss.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Here are some more pictures from Gregg.

Here are some more pictures...

Attached Images    
Old 12-09-2007, 12:30 PM
...and more

Attached Images    
Old 12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Peter, thanks for everything. That was a blast. If you could PM or post a graph of my run when you have time, I'd appreciate it.

Sean, sorry about your dog.

How much time off 9.3 can be shaved with a tailwind and a twenty degree drop in temperature?

BTW I had a 9.4 and shifted at 6100 and a 9.33 from shifting at 7000. Any other techniques anyone cares to share?

Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Damn Sean, sorry to hear about your dog. I lost 2 in 2003. Was the worst time of my life.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Old 12-09-2007, 01:26 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
BTW Peter do you think the 08 Viper was in the 7's or 8's? He put a couple of lengths on the S/C 05 Viper which I see now was only in the 10's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60 to 130 - December 8 - Lonestar Results and Pics