996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

60 to 130 - December 8 - Lonestar Results and Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about your loss Sean.

Even was bad ***!

Peter send me a PM when you talk to John about the Driftbox.

Paul I'll try to get up those pictures today. We need to find a place in Houston to get some pictures of all our Porsches together, because we know honestly Houston is home of the best looking Porsche's around I kid I kid

Old 12-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Dr Jitsu,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Many of us get closer to them than most humans. The collection of thoughts by the unknown author was nice to read. I would love to think it were true.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:31 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou
BTW Peter do you think the 08 Viper was in the 7's or 8's? He put a couple of lengths on the S/C 05 Viper which I see now was only in the 10's
Is your 997TT stock?

EDIT** My bad, looks like you have GIAC.

Sorry to hear about your loss Sean, I've been through it, it's tough Bro. Hang in there.

Last edited by DLSJ5; 12-09-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Great collection of cars, Houston definitely has them in.

Sean, the M3 S/C looks like fun and I am sorry to hear about your beloved dog,
I know how it feels and it is awful!

Peter you put on a great event! See you guys in March.

Marty K.

Paulie, love the low profile P-car in Speed Yellow! LOL!!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:05 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, finally, the verified data. Here are the JPEGS of everyone's run that wanted their data verified:

Sebastian: 5.50

Duy: 5.68

Matt: 5.98

Tai: 6.30

Ryan: 9.33

Sean: 9.89

Jim: 10.00

Darrin: 11.67

Scott: 11.68

Old 12-09-2007, 07:11 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs become like family and it's very tough to deal with. Please don't beat yourself up about not being there as you had no clue that you would be coming home to tragedy. It's not your fault... In any event, you will be in our prayers.

Again, thanks to everyone for coming out, TX2K8 here we come!

Peter

Old 12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I consider you all to be the best of friends! What a great bunch of people, my 6speed brethren.

Fargo is in a better place

As to the runs, the gearing, lack of torque and the SMG on the M3 are killing me.
Notice how she is doing OK except for the 4/10 shifts and having to shift at 125 due to the rev limiter. Car just is not made for the 60-130. Of course I am stupid/determined enough to keep trying, lol

I am going to replace the plugs and possibly get some retuning to get her over 600. Hopefully I will get her into the 8's by Feb.

Great event as per usual, Peter. Congrats to the Powels on great times in crappy conditions.

Also, a big thanks to Mustang Nick for fabbing up a radiator hose for me. The young man is a wiz and a fine human being!

One great thing about a stock looking M3 is that every ricer in town wants to race me. I get more action in a day than I do in a month in the GT2...and the car is so incredibly easy to drive. Every ricer in the greater Houston area seems to want a piece of her.

For example, just 15 minutes ago, A Mitsu Eclipse gets right on my *** w/ his highbeams on the one lane turnaround by my house....I came out at about 55 in third and let him pull even w/ me and WHOMP!!! about 2 busslengths by 110. Then we pull to the stoplight together...his hottie young gf (I estimate about 19) was jumping up and down in her seat...he wouldn't even look at me. Probably wet about how the old man in the stock looking M3 spanked her bf.

PRICELESS....God I love this car. Its like a $100 on a string at a gold diggers convention.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 12-09-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Sean, it appears to me that your shifts are great. Aren't they 2/10 and 3/10? Can you change the drive ratio? Maybe that would give you the extra mph prior to 5th.

What would 20 degree drop in temp do for my time?

Old 12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ryan,

You should see .6 or so improvement. Your runs were excellent for a stage 2 996TT under those conditions.

I am going to look into a larger blower for the M3 (she currently has the Vortech T-Trim).

Old 12-09-2007, 07:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Sean
Sorry to hear about you lost....
"Not the least hard thing to bear when
they go from us, these quiet friends,
is that they carry away with them so
many years of our lives. Yet, if they
find warmth therein, who would
begrudge them those years that they
have so guarded?
And whatever they take,
be sure they have deserved."
Robert

Old 12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
GOD i love supras!!

Old 12-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Rob,

Damn....I just went to watch my TV....Fargo would always sleep by me and I would have to step over him when I got up...reflexively I stepped forgetting he was no longer there.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Sean, your first shift was 0.19 seconds and you're second shift was 0.31 seconds. Pretty darn impressive if you ask me! I think the M3 has a low 9 in it, but I'm not sure it has any more than that in perfect conditions (meaning in its current state). In any event, that is a daily that is faster than a Z06 and Viper on the street and is very impressive.

Jon - amen brother...

Ryan - in 20 degree colder weather, DEPENDING ON TRACTION, you should be in the 8's.

Peter

Old 12-09-2007, 08:25 PM
If you would like a $50 credit towards a VBOX (your entry fee from yesterday), please PM me and I will PM you back on how to get one of your own.
Peter

Old 12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXGold
Sean, it appears to me that your shifts are great. Aren't they 2/10 and 3/10? Can you change the drive ratio? Maybe that would give you the extra mph prior to 5th.

What would 20 degree drop in temp do for my time?
Ryan those times for a stage 2 are very good, what fuel were you running?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60 to 130 - December 8 - Lonestar Results and Pics