996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best first mod for an X50?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
1 Ecu.

For lag reasons.

2 Coilovers.

For handling.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:25 AM
laj_c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boss351
I know I want to upgrade to some slicker wheels in the future, but assides that, and without going all out, what is a slow economical upgrade path, what does it get me etc??

I use the car for daily driving, dicovered there are some great roads out north of Houston this weekend, and hope to visit a track once in a while too, road circuit not drag..

I remember reading somewhere here but can't find it about a mod to the k24's, someone saying it was great bang for the buck?? What is this one and what does it help? Quicker spool-up/less lag? More boost?

Right now the car is a stock X50 in great shape!

Cheers!
boss,
i did the DV's as my first mod.
if you want to get a shifter i would rec the stock 997 GT3 shifter, very inexpensive and feels great (do a search about this).
then exhaust
chip (UMW)
suspension (KW V3)
reus audio

then you are good to go

any time you are in SA you can drive my set up.
GL

Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
boss,
i did the DV's as my first mod.
if you want to get a shifter i would rec the stock 997 GT3 shifter, very inexpensive and feels great (do a search about this).
then exhaust
chip (UMW)
suspension (KW V3)
reus audio

then you are good to go

any time you are in SA you can drive my set up.
GL
Thanks! I am going to try out a TT with the 997 GT3 this weekend, I am pretty certain already that will be my first mod also!

I am tending towards the ride mods before the power mods to start with, the hard choice will be wheels before or after suspension. And when it comes to wheels 18" vs 19".... I am already looking at the lip of my driveway too and figuring out a way to improve it for a lowered car, anyone ground down concrete curbing?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Ive read to best utilize the X50 turbos, one should upgrade the wastegates? I think EVO has a kit. Then I assuming an upgrade to the ECU, diverter valves, intake filters and exhaust would yield great gains to the X50.

I have an x50, and it acted like night and day when I put on the cargraphic exhaust. Much quicker spool and response, and best of all awesome sound. I would like to do the proper enhancements, but it gets expensive:

ECU (ie FVD)=1500
DV's=280
upgraded wastegates=389
vivid racing intake=649.99
install/tuning/dyno=maybe 500 to 1k.

Grand total=3300 to 3800
and if you didnt already have a modified exhaust, an additional 2500 to 3500.

so maybe around 7k tops. for about 75hp??? ouch.

just thinkn aloud...

Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I did the same as Rcalcaid....installed a Europipe system and the car consistently runs at 1 bar and peaks at 1.1....I have been very pleassed with it as it now sits....this is a stock X50...but the good quality exhaust system makes all the difference in the world in the area of both sound and performance. Later I'll think about a good flash and new DV's, but that's about it....