996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The best Floor Jack I have seen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:26 PM
911tbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by COAST MOTORING
All I can say is Blue Point Aluminum Racing Jack!!!! Cheap products have cheap results.

I don't know why you all insist on using light weight alloy jacks. They are always going to be weaker than steel ones, and if you are not carrying it around, or you you don't need to move it in a hurry, why not just get a steel one?

Old 12-13-2007, 08:59 AM
ko23 is infamous around these parts
[quote=COAST MOTORING;1525760]Worth every penny!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:00 AM
ko23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by COAST MOTORING
I looked into the Snap On Blue Points. They are made by the same manufacturers that supplies Costco aluminum jacks. Same stuff, different branding.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:23 PM
1964oldgoat is infamous around these parts
ko23 I found your post while trying to find that jack on Google. It has been a quite awhile since yuor post. But if you are still interested it is a Mega T2. They are made in Spain. I have not found a US distributor other than Griot's, but still looking. http://www.mega.es/catalogo_automoci...Subcategoria=8

Old 04-05-2009, 08:45 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
yep, ive been using this jack for over a year. Its fantastic and the price is great!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
i have one it works great..........

Old 04-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Webtool1 is infamous around these partsWebtool1 is infamous around these parts
My company makes high quality alloy jacks in the UK, priced accordingly. We don't make a floor jack but we looked at branding some Chinese units. After careful examination of quality and engineering issues we just couldn't do it. I have a Chinese unit for my personal use but went with steel, its more predictable.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zuma 911
I happen to be over at Harbor Freight getting some tools and came across this floor jack....it's the finest I have ever seen at this price. Totally high tech, and light weight, a few pumps and your 17" up.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=40105

I have no affiliation with Harbor Freight, this is just worthy of mention.

P.S. no jacking jokes

My buddy had that exact style jack in his shop and it lasted about 6 months and then started acting funny. You never seem to get a full pump out of it. Actually never really get 1/2 a pump out of it. It never leaked anything anywhere...weird...and annoying. Spend a couple bucks and get a good jack. It could save your life...

Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by benguss
I have the craftsman floor jack and it is identical to hf's just different color. These jacks are sold in very slight variations and different colors. great allrounder, but becareful of lateral stress as in jacking car up on slight inclines (quick inspections) tthe jack will flex
+1. I have the same exact jack. And they are not too sturdy side to side, i had one flip on me once when at a sligh incline, luckily nothing happened to the car or myself but the jack got bent. I still use it but had to remove the handles and actually it clears jackstands better now.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
"...I happen to be over at Harbor Freight getting some tools and came across this floor jack....it's the finest I have ever seen at this price. Totally high tech, and light weight, a few pumps and your 17" up. "

The problem with this statement is "It's the finest I have ever seen at this price". The Chinese and Taiwanese are great at marketing and making the product LOOK good....nicely tinted CNC with machined looking parts....and it ends there. This stuff looks great...but the performance for some of these good looking jacks has been dismal...to include Sears. Be careful guys...you're dealing with 3500 pounds jacked up in the air while you (hopefully) are putting jackstands under it. Some of us will spend thousands on a sound system, then cheap out on a couple hundred dollars for something that can end up costing you a finger, hand, leg, or your life.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
"...I happen to be over at Harbor Freight getting some tools and came across this floor jack....it's the finest I have ever seen at this price. Totally high tech, and light weight, a few pumps and your 17" up. "

The problem with this statement is "It's the finest I have ever seen at this price". The Chinese and Taiwanese are great at marketing and making the product LOOK good....nicely tinted CNC with machined looking parts....and it ends there. This stuff looks great...but the performance for some of these good looking jacks has been dismal...to include Sears. Be careful guys...you're dealing with 3500 pounds jacked up in the air while you (hopefully) are putting jackstands under it. Some of us will spend thousands on a sound system, then cheap out on a couple hundred dollars for something that can end up costing you a finger, hand, leg, or your life.

Jackstands are a must. I have a rule that if any part of me is going under the car, even when doing brakes in the wheel well, I put the car on blocks or jack stands. I've had a buddy that almost lost an arm and was stuck under the car for good few hours. Jacks are for jacking up the car, not for securing it.

I got no problem with this jack, but you have to understand it's far from heavy duty. When it comes to quality it's decent for a light duty jack. For what it does and how much it weights, it's an excellent jack for the price.

I got a bunch of heavy duty jacks, but they weight a ton, and I still won't trust them when I'm underneath the car.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
I purchased this one a few months ago-

http://www.shop.com/Omega_2_Ton_Heav...33746-p!.shtml

Amazing low profile, which allows me to get to the mid central jack point on my E39M5 without screwing around with driving up a block first, or lifing one side first. Not portable, just a good second jack for the garage, As a primary I might want a 3 ot 3.5 T to deal with other vehicles, trucks, etc.

A

Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Ard: That's one of the better looking and rated jacks I've seen to far. Most folks seem to be going for how neat they look and the lightweight factor. If it's going to be sitting in the garage, then weight shouldn't be a factor....and having said all that, I have the lightweight, relatively inexpensive, nice looking jack I bought from Costco....

Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone seen the aluminum jack we sell? I've seen the HF model and I can tell you this one is better.

Name:  trjack_l.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  8.1 KB

Lift Range: 3.5" to 19" (meets almost any application)
Saddle Diameter: 4.75"
Chassis Width: 13"
Front Wheels: 2.5" x 1.75"
Rear Caster Width: 1.25" x 1.25"
Weight: 50 lbs.

The Aluminum Service Jack from Tire Rack features a Quick Lift System with two-stage pump and dual return springs. Go from 3.5" ground height to a maximum height of 19.5" in 12 strokes or less, even under load. The jack's lightweight, aluminum design weighs only 50 lbs. for easy transport yet remains ideal for heavy-duty, 2-ton capacity use. Wide track casters and wheels allow for easy maneuverability while a rubber saddle pad and foam handle bumper protect the raised vehicle. A 50" handle is included.

$169

We sell this unit in a jack/dual stand combo as well for a combo savings over buying it individually.

Call me if interested.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Damon where is it made?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The best Floor Jack I have seen