996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
N/m...............

Old 01-14-2008, 06:56 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
need to know who IS going and what run group they are in.

that red black thing makes little to no sense. MANY high hp cars in black.

If labeled as red instructor group those people should be allowed to take others out in their cars and run in black also.

Let's GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLE!

Old 01-14-2008, 07:06 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
they do the black red bc... there are alot of instructors with lower hp cars 944 or older 911s ... then you have a bunch of turbos gt3 and cups mixed in... black has advanced drivers as well as instructors all the same rules usually apply in black as red... usually it is a personal preference thing... some guys are really good and fast but just dont feel like instructing... maybe just shaking out their cars etc...

black is usually a great run group...

Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 AM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Almost all PCA regions only allow instructors in the Red group. So if your an advanced driver in a high HP car but not an instructor black is where you land. Not sure what would happen in Zone2 if you sign up for Red but are not an instructor...hence I'm in black

Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
^^^(930man) I talked to Manny about that (cause I too was like...wait...wtf...) and he said that skill wise, the difference btw black and red at this event is very, VERY small. However, at a track that has as much gallop room as this and the lap times of cars being DRASTICALLY different, this allows the faster cars to run free, and the slower cars to not be hassled. That said, Im sure the guys in Black with high HP cars will feel fine (especially if you havent been there for awhile), but may want to move up at some pt...

Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rmag
Almost all PCA regions only allow instructors in the Red group. So if your an advanced driver in a high HP car but not an instructor black is where you land. Not sure what would happen in Zone2 if you sign up for Red but are not an instructor...hence I'm in black
Again, I knew this and was curious as well, but like I said, I talked to Manny and its more than fine if you want to run red with the big HP and were in Black for any "normal" event.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Wait, DOH, I didnt even bother to look close enough to see how they divided the groups, I need to be in Red then, I thought Red was instructor only, that is screwy. So now I'm in Black, who do I contact?
heavy, I would stick to black if its your FIRST time at the track as it is REALLY an eye opener. Something about it makes even Road Atl seem small. Black will be great for you atleast in the beginning as it will let you be around those that really know the track, but are in slower cars.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:16 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
black is very fast.... it is a lot of track to take in on your first day that is a promise

Old 01-14-2008, 07:29 AM
^^Do you have any idea which if any teams are going to be practicing this weekend? There is usually no shortage of cup car attendance...

Old 01-14-2008, 08:50 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 930man
black is very fast.... it is a lot of track to take in on your first day that is a promise
+1. If you guys have never been or haven't been to VIR for sometime, it *is* a lot of track to take in on the first day. So, be careful. Don't know about PCA but black groups in other clubs do have some race cars or fricking fast Z06s on slicks (they do VIR 20 times a year) so the average speed is pretty fast. That's why I'm starting off with Blue (normally White or black in some clubs). That way, I get to go take a ride in some of other guys rides too.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I am in. Waiting for confirmation. Heavy - I will call you and determine how we are going to get there. Plane, Train or Automobile

Tom I might stop by Vortex and your place in a couple of weeks. I will give you a call.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rmag
that is how it is for our clubs.

we only have yellow which includes white and black down here.

but red is instructor only.

instructors are usually allowed to run in any of our groups.

never heard of the high low hp thing before but sounds like a good idea.

personally if I were running things I would rather run white and black together and keep the instructors in black in red.

then with the freed up time give more time on the track which is the bottom line

although doesnt work out great sometimes this is exactly how organizations like Chin give hours of track time an event.

these events kill our PCA events for time and are just as safe .
also they allow point by passing anywhere on track in the upper groups.

something the florida PCA seems behind on.

this will be epic!!!!! however you look at it!!

KUDOS Drew!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by 930man
Really counting on ya for a little help to get things going.
My first day I need to really learn the track and be a good instructor.
I'll chase Drew down my second day!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by datax
+1. If you guys have never been or haven't been to VIR for sometime, it *is* a lot of track to take in on the first day. So, be careful. Don't know about PCA but black groups in other clubs do have some race cars or fricking fast Z06s on slicks (they do VIR 20 times a year) so the average speed is pretty fast. That's why I'm starting off with Blue (normally White or black in some clubs). That way, I get to go take a ride in some of other guys rides too.

Very smart approach!!!! You will be rewarded with that kind of attitude!

Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
I am in. Waiting for confirmation. Heavy - I will call you and determine how we are going to get there. Plane, Train or Automobile

Tom I might stop by Vortex and your place in a couple of weeks. I will give you a call.

Give me a heads up so we can meet!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!