996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 02:31 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Somebody who's been to VIR give us a turn by turn prognosis. I know the turns, but I'm sure there are little intricacies and details that you'd only know if you drove it. Once I learn those, it's on.
i could do that..... everyone has a different style,, but the way i learned seams to work pretty well.. but will take a few minuets to jot down... ( i wont include the part about lifting at southbend... i can promise the outcome of that ...you will end up in tire wall at the bottom of the hill) but all jokes aside i can give some hints for 911 cars

Old 01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 930man
( i wont include the part about lifting at southbend... i can promise the outcome of that ...you will end up in tire wall at the bottom of the hill)
I was one of the "lucky" few who actually snapped back and spun into the infield there instead of going into the wall. It is a place where you do NOT want to make a mistake!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
i could do that..... everyone has a different style,, but the way i learned seams to work pretty well.. but will take a few minuets to jot down... ( i wont include the part about lifting at southbend... i can promise the outcome of that ...you will end up in tire wall at the bottom of the hill) but all jokes aside i can give some hints for 911 cars
Here is one overall "hint"...its not driving "skill" related persay, but just a general VIR or any HUGE speed track "to know". Dont get caught up in what speeds you SHOULD be at or what SOMEONE could be at, if you arent comfortable with a section (say the esses...which are extremely fun but VERY, VERY tough to really get down and always a butthole clincher...) DONT push it beyond your MENTAL abilities...there is no loss of pride in letting a 300 hp car go by while you are in a 450 plus hp car...I know this sounds really obvious, but at a track like this where power can get one into tons of trouble, its a worthy piece of advice...

Old 01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Looks like Nantucket! Thanks you two. Only two more months haha... how long will this thread go?

Old 01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
sechsgang ,,,, very well said...

Old 01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
sechsgang ,,,, very well said...
x2........

Old 01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Turn 1 come in with hard braking i enter a lil early for a parabolic line through the turn basically on the brakes till apex when hands open i begin applying gas then basically on the gas
turn 2 the car will drift out to the edge stay on gas though turn 3
Nascar bend out to edge of pavement turn in slightly early get on gas for grip
turn 4 slow in slighty early set up well for 5 if done right 5/6 and snake becomes very fast

slight lift entering 7 balance throttle applying more gas as confidence through 8 and 9
( be patient at 7 wait a breath on left side of track before turn in to 8) makes the next turn almost straight line)
hold the car to the inside of 9 staying on gas for grip
touch your brakes before 10 when the car is straight. turn in slightly early here at 10
( do not lift the car will drift to outside !!!)

will set in perfect line for 11
11 turn early right along gator ..straight shot to oak tree)

slow in to oak tree dont be late

turn 14 is mid track turn in use the hill to help brake
get outside to make smooth turn in at 15

car will step out with to much gas here let car drift out shuold be at mid track going into 16 back on gas

i touch brakes to settle front end in the small chute 16 &17 set u well for 17 slight compression stay on gas
set your steering wheel costantly applying more gas to the exit of 17a flat on gas at apex of 17a letting car drift out to gator

take an inside line at the kink! do not lift here!!!! stay ongas and watch for cars entering ot track on left they should stay in blend line but be ready for them not to..

this is what i do .... may not be the same for most but you get the idea...

Old 01-14-2008, 03:13 PM
i didnt have a map so i was doing from memory ... may have missed a few things

be patient after a run or two the track really comes together... just drive 6/10ths and you will pick up speed

Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Also it will probably be cold (I think we had a few snowflakes last year), so don't go out and try and set record times ... tires just don't get the grip they have on warm days there

Old 01-14-2008, 03:51 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
All of the new guys are in for some fun. VIR is a great track...

Do a search on youtube for some in car video. That helps a bit. Once you get to the track you're going to be like WTF? So take it easy the first day. You got nothing to prove. Just don't let Ryan pass you. He's the anchor of the black run group. Back at the hotel review the track in your head and then replay the in car videos you watched previously instead of watching ****. The next day you'll be ready to have some fun!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
LOL Jenk you cant post something off your desktop unless you are hosting it somewhere.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:17 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Somebody who's been to VIR give us a turn by turn prognosis. I know the turns, but I'm sure there are little intricacies and details that you'd only know if you drove it. Once I learn those, it's on.

that would be helpful!!!

also first time out we need to line up so guys like me can get the line correctly from someone who knows it.

I'll take guys out with me when I am learning the line but cant do when driving 9-10/10ths

Old 01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fortyounce
All of the new guys are in for some fun. VIR is a great track...

Do a search on youtube for some in car video. That helps a bit. Once you get to the track you're going to be like WTF? So take it easy the first day. You got nothing to prove. Just don't let Ryan pass you. He's the anchor of the black run group. Back at the hotel review the track in your head and then replay the in car videos you watched previously instead of watching ****. The next day you'll be ready to have some fun!

Where we all meeting for Dinner Friday or Sat night. would like to pick at least one night at one place all the 6speed guys could hook up and everyone bring their peeps with them in case we all get into a big rumble!!!!

I have at least 10-15 coming with so I'll be ready, we could probably fill a resturant up!!

so you locals pick the time and place so I can tell my guys.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Jenks! We don't want your desktop

Youtube it or find a place to host your video's.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:35 PM
thinking i have some video somewhere

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!