996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mikelly
They have a 200 car cutoff so here's the "issue"...

Moving up will be almost impossible if every run group is full. We are likely going to see very few promotions during this event due to the full groups.

Mike
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Yeah, I agree, wherever you start is likely where you'll finish.
Ugh, I just noticed that too. Oh well...I'll still have fun with Rob.

Originally Posted by fortyounce
All of the new guys are in for some fun. VIR is a great track...

Do a search on youtube for some in car video. That helps a bit. Once you get to the track you're going to be like WTF? So take it easy the first day. You got nothing to prove. Just don't let Ryan pass you. He's the anchor of the black run group. Back at the hotel review the track in your head and then replay the in car videos you watched previously instead of watching ****. The next day you'll be ready to have some fun!
+1.

Here's a good clip of the lap, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beFvM5SXeQY (not mine).

Last edited by datax; 01-14-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYllD-2VZf8

Turn 1:

LATE.... Did I mention LATE??? Apex it late and carry it through the arc to the outside of the corner.
Then setting up and thru #2, stay to the left on the apex, making an ARC thru NASCAR/T3.
T4 is a through away corner... square it right or it will make you pay by blowing T5/5A & 6. Get it right and you can carry good speed thru T5.
Carry 5 late to the end of the outside gator edge/end before cutting into the apex....
From there it's a rythme series of 5A/6.
Going thru the up hill esses, I setup for that using the cut thru to north course road access. Stay to the right there, let the throttle breath ( no need to brake, just lift and cost for two beats) and get on the gas as you turn left for 7. Then it's another rythme section for 7/8/9 rotating and staying on the gas. Gas hard coming out of 9 and setup for the left hander at 10. Go in LATE for T10 or you'll do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKWYcxywaM

Make sure you stay to the right exiting 10.
Alot of guys don't do this and I close on them setting up for oaktree. I try to take oaktree (11/11A/12) in a sweeping arc that allows me to stay in 3rd and carry a lot of speed...
Going on up to 14, Setup to the right and USE 14 AS A THROWAWAY...
Do NOT carry the car up left high to arc down. It isn't the racer's line. Stay to the right, square it and throw it away in 15 to setup for 16/17A/17.

Nail these and you'll be rewarded with the fastest front straight speeds of the day!

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 01-14-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Here's some good videos of really experienced drivers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5T6MkzMG4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hNPNNJdVQg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiJL_Cz7cTI

Last edited by fortyounce; 01-14-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Here's a cup car running VIR:

http://gscdownloads.com/GT3cupatVIR.wmv

Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
It doesnt matter HOW many times I watch track vids in fast cars, I always feel it faster than it really is...which is weird as normally its the other way around...go figure!

I cant wait to get there...the only thing that is gonna be a pain is the amount of passing zones there are that arent exactly "kosher" at that track for the high run groups. Thats what I miss about CR so much...people who are faster just pass...there isnt any "am I holding someone up" or "does this guy want to play" etc...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sechsgang
It doesnt matter HOW many times I watch track vids in fast cars, I always feel it faster than it really is...which is weird as normally its the other way around...go figure!

I cant wait to get there...the only thing that is gonna be a pain is the amount of passing zones there are that arent exactly "kosher" at that track for the high run groups. Thats what I miss about CR so much...people who are faster just pass...there isnt any "am I holding someone up" or "does this guy want to play" etc...
What run group are you in?

For the most part at VIR, there are tons of places to pass people, but it all boils down to your run group and the organizer. I can't remember the groups/zone rules for NNJR.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by rmag

Yup, that's a good one to watch. The "kid" is fast.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rmag

Oh damn. I was looking for that vid. Thanks for the post, Ryan.

There's another one from the motorcycle also. You can see the track so clearly. Can't find it anymore.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:41 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
What run group are you in?

For the most part at VIR, there are tons of places to pass people, but it all boils down to your run group and the organizer. I can't remember the groups/zone rules for NNJR.
Thats the problem, I hate having to remember where passes are allowed as sometimes they are just at places were I would rather be just holdin' down the fort...and every damn group is different...again, why I like open passing as its FAR easier if the participants are capable...they just go by you if they want, or hold back if they want...

(Not that TOO many people pass me...but, its still a concern)

EDIT: Im in red for this one. Its not an anxiety per-say...but I LOVE being pressured and giving it...but when we are running with such a big group of people who dont necessarily know each other...its a bit of a guessing game!

Atleast I know that if Tom/Heavy are in front or back, we wont sweat those details...

You know what Im talking about at all?

OH, another DE tip...if someone is pressuring you, dont let that drive you off the track. At the next possible place, just let them by and go on with your business.

Last edited by sechsgang; 01-14-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
OH, another DE tip...if someone is pressuring you, dont let that drive you off the track. At the next possible place, just let them by and go on with your business.
Easier said than done.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by datax
Oh damn. I was looking for that vid. Thanks for the post, Ryan.

There's another one from the motorcycle also. You can see the track so clearly. Can't find it anymore.
Ken, where's my pictures???

Old 01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Easier said than done.
ahahah

NEMISIS...NEMISISSSSSSSSS

Old 01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by 930man
i could do that..... everyone has a different style,, but the way i learned seams to work pretty well.. but will take a few minuets to jot down... ( i wont include the part about lifting at southbend... i can promise the outcome of that ...you will end up in tire wall at the bottom of the hill) but all jokes aside i can give some hints for 911 cars
Whatcha doing with your rollbar for the GT2?

Old 01-14-2008, 06:59 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
tech bar is out and the tubi exhaust is off ...
need to sell the exhaust and bar probably bring both to the event

Old 01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by 930man
tech bar is out and the tubi exhaust is off ...
need to sell the exhaust and bar probably bring both to the event
So you're keeping the DAS bar? If not, I want it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!