996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Stu I am still awaiting a response whether to be in Green or Blue since its my first time at VIR, but not on tracks in general. I see i'm not on the list either, but have my confirmation number and so on, we'll see..

If you only have a 1 car trailor what are you doing with yours, sorry I am confused?!
cool martin confirmation # must have .at first i was on the list and i had a comp#,and next time i looked at the site my name was gone. i e-mailed them and the said my credit card was running slow.than pooff i was back on the list.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
cool martin confirmation # must have .at first i was on the list and i had a comp#,and next time i looked at the site my name was gone. i e-mailed them and the said my credit card was running slow.than pooff i was back on the list.
Yea weird, I was on but then was unconfirmed in the group I'm running in, so I guess when they decide i'm back on lol!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Stu I am still awaiting a response whether to be in Green or Blue since its my first time at VIR, but not on tracks in general. I see i'm not on the list either, but have my confirmation number and so on, we'll see..

If you only have a 1 car trailor what are you doing with yours, sorry I am confused?!
If they put you in blue, hook up with me on pit row and follow me around for a few laps... I'll give you the "tour" for a few laps to get you up to speed.

Mike

Old 01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
If all goes according to plan I'll have larger brakes on all four corners, much more torque, a better tune, sticky tires, and a clutch that doesn't give up the ghost. I may even upgrade my seat to the OMP PISTA... The GT3 RSs are OK, but not perfect.

Mike

Old 01-16-2008, 04:42 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Martin, there will be a really good driver in blue that you should follow/try to keep up with. He'll be driving a silver BMW M3. Follow him and you'll do well out there. Also, u can ride with me in the early morning on the first day and I'll show you the line.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:47 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mikelly
If all goes according to plan I'll have larger brakes on all four corners, much more torque, a better tune, sticky tires, and a clutch that doesn't give up the ghost. I may even upgrade my seat to the OMP PISTA... The GT3 RSs are OK, but not perfect.

Mike
Mike, I watched ur video earlier. It doesn't look like you're rev matching (heel/toe) on your shifting. That technique should save on ur clutch a bit.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Mike and Forty thanks so much guys.. I seriously cannot wait, I am going to get so much out of this.. I would love to get a ride with some experienced guy's with this track and follow the line of others, i'm a fast learner and this isnt my first time, nowhere near it so i'll do fine

I want Tom to hop in with me too, or Matt/whoever!

Old 01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
If they put you in blue, hook up with me on pit row and follow me around for a few laps... I'll give you the "tour" for a few laps to get you up to speed.

Mike
mike, im in blue. so i will try and get behind for a while to learn the line

Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Absolutely, the more the merrier...

Mike

Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by fortyounce
Mike, I watched ur video earlier. It doesn't look like you're rev matching (heel/toe) on your shifting. That technique should save on ur clutch a bit.
I've had a LOT of problems with this car and getting the shifting correct. When the tranny comes out for a new clutch I hope to have the aftermarket shifter (Came with the car when I bought it) replaced with an OEM shifter. I've not been able to shift this car like previous cars since day one of owning it...
Mike

Old 01-16-2008, 06:15 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
ilme you should catch a ride with me

Old 01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I've had a LOT of problems with this car and getting the shifting correct. When the tranny comes out for a new clutch I hope to have the aftermarket shifter (Came with the car when I bought it) replaced with an OEM shifter. I've not been able to shift this car like previous cars since day one of owning it...
Mike
oh we can fix that!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:14 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
its just a matter of seat time sometimes... the old heel toe works best when truly threshold braking is going on...

Old 01-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by 930man
ilme you should catch a ride with me
Will definitely take you up on that.. Matt pm me your number again, had some questions for you

Martin

Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 930man
its just a matter of seat time sometimes... the old heel toe works best when truly threshold braking is going on...
i know that way is the best way, but i cant seem to get my foot to turn that way. so i have to use the new school method of using the side of my foot, instead of true heel & toe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!