996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jenk12m
i know that way is the best way, but i cant seem to get my foot to turn that way. so i have to use the new school method of using the side of my foot, instead of true heel & toe
That's what I do also, and always have done.. The bottom of the pedal near the floor is like a dead pedal anyway, it would take so much pressure its like impossible, side is the way to go!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
the more you practice, the more you still turn your foot...even though you are still using your side...just takes time to build the muscles really...

Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
the more you practice, the more you still turn your foot...even though you are still using your side...just takes time to build the muscles really...
I do turn my foot a good amount and roll off, but it still isn't the motion of using your heal hah... Been doing it for years and mastered it!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
now, your just going to have to do that when braking from 180 plus to 50...haha, youll be blipping to 6-7k... like 3 times...hahaha...

Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
It's more of a "this-car-specific" problem for me, because I can match revs/heel toe in every other car, and match revs on every other bike I've tracked.

Mike

Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 AM
with the TT, you have to be patient as the flywheel is quite heavy...and the gear assembly isnt happy with very fast shifting. However, when you are heel/toeing while threshold-braking, you wont need to worry too much if your giving it enough gas(blip).

Old 01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
its been quite easy so far in 3 to heel/toe b/c the pedals seem pretty close together. it took a lil while to get use to doing it in the 996 gt3 and heavy's 996 tt. but it becomes 2nd nature with seat time in our own cars

Old 01-17-2008, 03:18 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
the right pedals may help also.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
fortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of lightfortyounce is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe I'm just a purist, but I'm not a big fan of pedals. . I find the porsche pedals incredibly easy to heel/toe.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by fortyounce
Maybe I'm just a purist, but I'm not a big fan of pedals. . I find the porsche pedals incredibly easy to heel/toe.
werd, I did change mine to metal however as i find that with the rubber *****/sand paper stuff VERY grippy and nice!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
the right pedals may help also.

MMMMMM..............Pedals.......... (Homer Simpson voice)

I just need to practice clutch out between gears and downshifting multiple gears instead of the mega blip from whatever gear to whatever gear.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
MMMMMM..............Pedals.......... (Homer Simpson voice)

I just need to practice clutch out between gears and downshifting multiple gears instead of the mega blip from whatever gear to whatever gear.
there are times thats fine...I just wouldnt go from 6 to 3 or something you know? I do 4-2 all the time as it just saves the hassle...when Im stopping from big speeds though, I like to hit all until 4th at-least...

Old 01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
there are times thats fine...I just wouldnt go from 6 to 3 or something you know? I do 4-2 all the time as it just saves the hassle...when Im stopping from big speeds though, I like to hit all until 4th at-least...
I dont think I've ever had to use 6th. Where does fifth gear end, what MPH. I've only been up to 171 on the track.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I dont think I've ever had to use 6th. Where does fifth gear end, what MPH. I've only been up to 171 on the track.
I had to shift at RIGHT around there to get to 6th speed which was at like 174-176 or something and I was only in it till 185...you MAY use 6th at vir depending on how aggressive you are at oaktree...

Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I had to shift at RIGHT around there to get to 6th speed which was at like 174-176 or something and I was only in it till 185...you MAY use 6th at vir depending on how aggressive you are at oaktree...
What technique and what gear are you using to get around oaktree? I've never made it out of the 160s on that back straight and I'm braking between the 2-1 marker before T14. So you guys are carrying 10mph more speed before going into rollercoaster... Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

175mph is hauling the mail!!!
Mike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!