996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
you got it bob ...mine is not normally aspirated but still lowly

Old 01-27-2008, 05:17 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
So what is the usual brake-bleeding interim and what's involved?

Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mikelly
At Speed shows up with their rigs all the time to PCA events, So I don't think Viperbob will have any issues...

Mike
its not PCA events, its VIR, and I wasnt saying its forbidden to own a car part business (whatever iteration) and to have your trailer there, I just know that CDOC is VERY VERY territorial at VIR and have made great pains to make their "exclusive rights" known to all. The guys I use do the same thing as Viperbob. I just dont want some stupid argument to break out. Thats all!

I cant wait for this event...but Im more excited to see what Ill be driving...haha...may be orange, may be white, or may be silver...

Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
So what is the usual brake-bleeding interim and what's involved?
You should have your fluid changed to rbf600, get some lines and maybe hawk hp + pads. As far as bleeding, YOU should be fine for the whole event if you have those changed right before the event. You wont be pushing your car that hard in that run group, so dont worry about it TOO much (unless the pedal litterally falls to the floor and you...have no brakes...haha...then see my guys or Viperbob and youll be taken care of!)

Old 01-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Uh, OK... Breath man... I was just saying that other vendors show up and do the same thing... I'm sure Viperbob will be fine so long as he isn't broadcasting that he's selling parts... No argument, just what I've personally seen.

Mike

Originally Posted by sechsgang
its not PCA events, its VIR, and I wasnt saying its forbidden to own a car part business (whatever iteration) and to have your trailer there, I just know that CDOC is VERY VERY territorial at VIR and have made great pains to make their "exclusive rights" known to all. The guys I use do the same thing as Viperbob. I just dont want some stupid argument to break out. Thats all!

I cant wait for this event...but Im more excited to see what Ill be driving...haha...may be orange, may be white, or may be silver...

Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
PCA can kiss their B (what is it now?) stock records good by now. Ben!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by viperbob
Hi All. I'm the owner of Vortex Motorsport down here in Tampa that will be transporting Tom Kerr's car up to VIR. We have 6 customers coming up in a couple of trucks and we will have a full crew of mechanics that can help anyone in case any issues arise, or you just need some minor work like brake bleeds and such. I also will be bringing a number of spares (Pagids, Rotors, etc) should anyone need them. Just a heads up that there will be some services available at the track. Just look for the Vortex Motorsport tractor trailer.. See you all there.
Bob and his crew are awesome guys and I can't tell you how many drivers he has bailed out at track events!!! Only reason I am going is that he is going with the rig and bringing track support!!!

Time is getting close!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang

Dont get Viper Bobs offer confused with CDOC track support. Bob has offered to be a nice guy and one of us just to "help out" I have NEVER seen him charge for anything at the track. He helps me and others out just as any of us would help each other out as one of the guys. He is coming as a friend and driver. He is every bit as excited about driving there as we are, it just happens that he is a car guy. Hey someone busts an aneurysm at the track I will fix it in the garage for free also.
He is not coming as "vendor" just a friend, no conflicts of interest, so all is good!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
haha, guys, Im chill, I just want to make sure that no one gets any crap from the CDOC guys. I saw some interesting stuff at a ferrari event and I didnt want anything to happen to any of the great guys here...

Like I said, I the guys I use aren't kosher in that regard either (well sort of...ok, the guy is Colin Dougherty's father...but anyway).

Old 01-27-2008, 09:09 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
What tires is everyone running? I planned on MPSC, but if most people are running faster stuff I'll step my game up.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
dude, hoosier r6 or bust...

That said, bring some mpsc or ps2s cause it WILL be cold and if its wet well...we will have a 3.7 or so mile skidpad...haha

Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Dez I asked the same ?? Not sure which to run, especially if its going to be cold with my damn car :/

Old 01-27-2008, 10:11 PM
just bring two sets man

if you can ONLY bring one, bring mpsc...I use them in the rain anyway...haha

Old 01-27-2008, 10:19 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm bringing a bunch of MPSC back that I'm picking up from Mike, so I'll have to bring something better to drive on the car. Will they allow Non-DOT? I'm not too high on the R6 and dont want to buy a new tire to DE on. I'm running A6 in TT this year.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:27 PM
you CAN run whatever you want...why you not hot on r6? They last longer than the a6 and are PERFECT for multi day events...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!