996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I might go...novice....

Advice on all things welcome. I have to drive to and from...so street tires.

JB

Old 01-27-2008, 10:31 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
just bring two sets man

if you can ONLY bring one, bring mpsc...I use them in the rain anyway...haha
Fug that, I swear by RA1's... I just wasn't sure if I should slap a set on, being that I prob wont make it to a solo advanced group, and it will be cold out!

Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
they are fine, honestly, unless your spec racing, its not going to matter much...haha

Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
From what I've heard the R6 is about halfway between the MPSC and A6 (1-2 seconds each way). The A6 is my TT tire (minimal laps, 4-7 at a time), the MPSC is my DE tire unti I run out of them, then it will be MPSC, NT-01 or R888, something with a long life span. I dont have a reason to get the R6 as I'm not club racing yet. When I DE it's mostly for seat time, trying new techniques and setting baselines (since it's so hard to get clean laps) so I would feel like I'm waising an R6.

And I may bring a couple sets of scrubs in case I want to go faster, but I wouldnt use the R6's considering I'll have a bunch of MPSC, a few sets of scrubs and some A6's.

My wife is already getting sick of "tire stack" in my garage.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I might go...novice....

Advice on all things welcome. I have to drive to and from...so street tires.

JB
The NT-01 is the best gripping rear end tire I've ever driven on, and gets good mileage too. I'd go with that one. Best bang for the buck, not the best turning tire, but gets the job done.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
From what I've heard the R6 is about halfway between the MPSC and A6 (1-2 seconds each way). The A6 is my TT tire (minimal laps, 4-7 at a time), the MPSC is my DE tire unti I run out of them, then it will be MPSC, NT-01 or R888, something with a long life span. I dont have a reason to get the R6 as I'm not club racing yet. When I DE it's mostly for seat time, trying new techniques and setting baselines (since it's so hard to get clean laps) so I would feel like I'm waising an R6.

And I may bring a couple sets of scrubs in case I want to go faster, but I wouldnt use the R6's considering I'll have a bunch of MPSC, a few sets of scrubs and some A6's.

bring em! Ill help you out!!! haha

Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
The NT-01 is the best gripping rear end tire I've ever driven on, and gets good mileage too. I'd go with that one. Best bang for the buck, not the best turning tire, but gets the job done.
That's the RA1 replacement right? BTW you have tire stacks?!? Bring me some

Should I just run very good street tires? Hmm

Old 01-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3

Martin like I said, untill your REALLY REALLY hunting for .1s, your fine just using some nice street tires...thats what I did last year...

Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3

The R888 is the RA-1 replacement. But the NT-01, RA-1 and R888 all share nearly identical compound make-ups, so they'll be in the same ballpark of handling.

Some people are saying the R888 is as fast full tread as a shaved RA-1. I havent driven either. I would just get the NT-01, it's reliable and grippy.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Dez, I don't want to get you in anymore trouble or anything...

Mike

Old 01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh, I'm bringing the MPSC home, she'll have to suck it up.

What I tell her: Honey I have a set in the garage that are no good and will take them to be discarded.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
<<<< sears road handler for me i need all the help i can

Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
What tires is everyone running? I planned on MPSC, but if most people are running faster stuff I'll step my game up.
I have hoosiers, nittos, and toyo R888's.

I think for overall do it all I am going with the R888's. which would be like running Cups or RA-1's.

I think I will be as fast with the toyos as with the hoosiers and wont have to worry about the weather.

dont think I will be in the same lap time as alot of the cars registered in red, and I hope I am not as fast as Matt or Drew, but would like to stay close at least!!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I have hoosiers, nittos, and toyo R888's.

I think for overall do it all I am going with the R888's. which would be like running Cups or RA-1's.

I think I will be as fast with the toyos as with the hoosiers and wont have to worry about the weather.

dont think I will be in the same lap time as alot of the cars registered in red, and I hope I am not as fast as Matt or Drew, but would like to stay close at least!!

You really think R888 will be as fast at the R6? Or is it more in your style?

We may not be as fast as the fastest in Red, but this isnt club race, running mid pack wont be hard, until we can learn what's going on, then pick up the pace a "tad" bit

Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
What will also help is some fast laps as a passenger with somone who really nows the track. 2-3 of those and I'm good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!