996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
There may be a chance I get into this Feb Event at Sebring, if I do, I will have already done an advanced solo, so maybe that will cut out the guess work since I would have already done it.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I"m in the same boat as HeavyChevy... I'm running 2:12s on street tires in mine, and will be there on hoosiers this year with the improved software and new HD clutch, and possibly bigger brakes on all four corners!

"If" I get a check off ride this event I will be in White...
Mike

Old 12-29-2007, 04:19 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
this event is pretty mixed...so white will have both members that should be in black, and those that should have never left blue, but you should be fine there.

Just fyi, dont mention times to these guys, just try to emphasize how smooth, courteous (not too courteous however), and in control you are. They do NOT care if you are running 2.12 or 2.20. Trust me, that is the way to go!

Youll be fine!

Old 12-29-2007, 05:31 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So what's the deal with Tom, is he going or not? That event he posted is the weekend prior too, and if he's not going straight from Atlanta, I doubt he's going to drive all the way back to FLA and then back up to VA. Sounds like he's out to me.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Don't speculate----just ask Tom.

If he needs to stay in Atlanta for 4 nights, I'm sure one of us can accommodate him and his "Speed Yellow".

Old 12-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Al Norton
Don't speculate----just ask Tom.

If he needs to stay in Atlanta for 4 nights, I'm sure one of us can accommodate him and his "Speed Yellow".

Of course, I've already extended an invitation to stay at my house when he runs RA.

I did request clarification, I think it would be awesome if he did that, RA and VIR in one trip. He said he had a crew coming with him, I could house quite a few of them to cut costs. And My buddy owns a trailer sales place up by Road Atlanta is all of the storage couldnt fit in my extra long driveway.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Oh what the Hay, I have some varicosities in my right leg so maybe Dr. Tom could work on my lower half during that week while I work on my patients upper parts. I've heard that "stripping" is a really pleasant experience. :-)

Old 12-29-2007, 06:57 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Oh trust me, after years of running with other clubs in the advance run groups, I'm back to running with the novices and I am well aware of how they run... I just want to quietly progress back to the ranks of the "fast and worthy".

Mike

Old 12-29-2007, 08:16 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Which groups are solo, there are too many colors!! They had better not put me in the slowest ones, I think Red is the middle of the line and I'd like an instructor, A GOOD ONE, for the first two or three sessions, and then I'll be good. It wont take me long to be at least as fast as the slowest in the fastest group (LOL).

Hey wait, Tom is PCA certified right? Get in my car and check me off dude!!
PCA and Chin, got ya covered!!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:19 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Oh what the Hay, I have some varicosities in my right leg so maybe Dr. Tom could work on my lower half during that week while I work on my patients upper parts. I've heard that "stripping" is a really pleasant experience. :-)
dude stripping is so 70's now we do percutaneous endovascular radiofrequency ablation of the greater saphenous vein, stop by I'll hook you up!!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:22 PM
"Quote" Ok not to screw up this thread but I am going to register for the Peachtree BMWCCA Road Atlanta DE March 8-9th

what about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom,

If you are not already a member, I would recommend joining BMWCCA to assure yourself a spot. These things fill up pretty quickly but if you have instructor status with BMW, then it might not matter.

Hope to see you there. Who knows, you could end up being my instructor.
Yea, got that covered Al!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
There may be a chance I get into this Feb Event at Sebring, if I do, I will have already done an advanced solo, so maybe that will cut out the guess work since I would have already done it.
I will be racing the 944's at the Sebring PCA. The DE is for advanced solo only no students. It is usually full of all kinds of guys that have never driven at Sebring and so are not that quick.. Still great fun.
I will have many homies at that event so I can hook people up with whatever they need.

As for the RA, VIR thing, if it is going to be one or the other well I will try to do the one that most of us agree on so let's agree on one!!

I threw the RA event in in case it may have been easier to meet at and mostly for Heavy!!

Old 12-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
it goes green, blue, white(solo), Black(advanced solo), Red (Instructor)

I would try to get yourself in white. You can always have someone ride with you (instructor only) in any group however. Green and Blue have mandated instruction.

Tom, DEFINITELY try to get into heavy chevy's car so we can get him the sign off at least for white...

Also Tom...You we gotta take some runs together, Im sure we can both learn alot as I know the track, and we both know the cars...
totally agree!!

White group will be way too slow for you guys you need to run advanced solo. Even when I run PCA in the instructor group alot of times it doesnt seem that "fast". Very smooth and safe with the instructors. Also many run alot of "older" race cars which are much slower lap time wise than our cars so this group is not "that much" faster and in many ways safer than the other groups.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Nah, Im good for the VIR event now, I'm sacrificing the Time Trials to get together with you guys, I'll shoot for the Road Atlanta record later in the year, and I'd like to see if the MTI Z06 makes it any faster with the 454 in it to see how tough it'll be.

I can make the BMW event, heck it's 5 minutes away, but I'd really rather go to VIR. So get your horse and carriage and meet us in Virginia. If you decide to do both you wont have to pay for a place to stay, I have plenty of room.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Of course, I've already extended an invitation to stay at my house when he runs RA.

I did request clarification, I think it would be awesome if he did that, RA and VIR in one trip. He said he had a crew coming with him, I could house quite a few of them to cut costs. And My buddy owns a trailer sales place up by Road Atlanta is all of the storage couldnt fit in my extra long driveway.
same goes with me for any of you guys coming near Sebring

Heavy I pm'ed ya!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!