996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I am driving there and driving back...and will be very, very careful so I can get home in one piece.....yea, less theoretical fun, but in the big picture that is my reality.

In Manny's terms: it does give me a ready made excuse every night at dinner for why I was passed. ;-)

(Karma edit was done. The zen is back in line now.)

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-20-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
How many of you have damaged your cars in your first DE?

JB
How about we save this question until AFTER the event JB? Don't want to hear about "That ONE time...ouch... it was TERRIBLE...jeez... I don't want to think about how bad........" before I go.

Joe

Old 02-20-2008, 07:40 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
um we dont even talk about the about!!!!!! the above.... wtf bad carma

Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
See edit. :-)

I just got the zamp fsa-1. Very nice. Fits just right. Seems very "quiet"....and if it were hot, I would bake in it. The more I am doing, the more I am gaining huge respect for you guys.

jcb

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 02-20-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:35 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
SOOO who get's a good deal on tires?!?!?

Old 02-23-2008, 06:12 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
How about we save this question until AFTER the event JB? Don't want to hear about "That ONE time...ouch... it was TERRIBLE...jeez... I don't want to think about how bad........" before I go.

Joe
honestly, if you cant think about it, you shouldnt track your car...

Whatever goes on the track needs to be able to be written off...out of sight, out of mind!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
SOOO who get's a good deal on tires?!?!?
My Toyo R-888's just arrived!!! rears 335's fronts 265's,, they look HUGE!!!

The front now will have 2 INCHES more rubber at each corner than what was stock on the car!!!

Rears also about 2 inches apiece wider than stock, hope this helps me a little.

I think will probably help with braking as much as corner control, will need some lessions from you guys when I get there. Car will be coming off the trailer with new 14 inch brakes all round, new CCW wheels, new Toyo tires and Todd's Protomotive k-24 hybrid turbos and software, have I left anything out??

See ya at the track!!!!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr

The front now will have 2 INCHES more rubber at each corner than what was stock on the car!!!

I think will probably help with braking as much as corner control, will need some lessions from you guys when I get there. Car will be coming off the trailer with new 14 inch brakes all round, new CCW wheels, new Toyo tires and Todd's Protomotive k-24 hybrid turbos and software, have I left anything out??

See ya at the track!!!!
Dammit haha... I need some tires ASAP to set up my whole suspension beforehand, going in next week too might have to post pone it..

Where can I get the tires Tom, you can send me a PM please? Should I run those tires? I need ALL OF THE GRIP I can get

Old 02-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Due to your geographic location, and the issues with these tires cracking in lower temps, you might want to consider the MPSCs instead.

And about the comment sechsgang made, he's absolutely correct. If you're terribly bothered by the thought of crashing your car, or don't have insurance to cover an "on track" incident, You want to approach these kinds of events at the 6-7/10ths range and in slower groups. If you're in White group, you better be prepared to hustle, and in black and red, you're at or near race pace with passing anywhere your wheels are straight, with a pointby of course.

Accidents can and do happen, and I've never been to an event where someone didn't wrinkle sheetmetal...

This is one more reason why I've myself started to look at 944 track cars.

Mike

Old 02-24-2008, 06:15 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
*****Mike the great thing about living in NC ... i have full track insurance on my GT2 , even had it on my cup cars...in fact all of my porsches are covered to from the track and on the track as well as daily driving.. no i still dont want to bend anything would make e sick... but it ice to Know if someone slams into me.. or even dumb mistake on my part
it is covered...
not available in some states.. but at least 50 of my buddies are using this insurance very reasonably priced.... i found the firm 3 years ago and been using ever since

matt

Old 02-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Matt, Who do you use? I am in the process of researching this right now...

Mike

Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
+1......................

Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tom kerr

See ya at the track!!!!
very nicely done tom, i cant wait to see that thing at the track.

dez, you should grab those hoosiers with the ccw's( they are 18's)

Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Send me the pictures. But YOU should get them, I already have a set of extra wheels coming, and some R6's coming too.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:00 AM
DAMMIT, I should have kept my bbs aluminums with RA1's :| Now i'm pressed for time to get tires!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!