996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Holy crap man I didnt know you have been talking about an RSR this whole time!!!!

That wont be any fun (for you) if you bring that. You could drive 5/10ths and lap everyone in Red group. You have any experience with a Sequential?
Whoa whoa...I plan on driving an RSR down the road, but this was about an 08 Cup car...and with a couple current events, I may have to hold off on that aspect until I can find another sponsor. The sequential is actually why I LIKE the new cups/rsr...but in no way shape or form am I ready for a RSR within the next 2-3 years...hahaha

That said, Im sure I will be in a couple different 997 cups in a couple different series doing at a minimum 3rd seats for some races.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
That'd be an RSR. .

SHHHHH...thats LATER!

haha

Old 03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I hate you Drew :|

BTW guy's, I live with my older brother and he was going to come, now he just came down with pneumonia and i'm going to have to drive this whole trip my damn self LOL! I'm trying to hide from him so I don't catch anything, but my immune system is extremely strong so let's hope for the best!

I have never trailered a car before, anything I need to know? I'm not use to a big dodge ram pickup especially with a car in the back :/

Last edited by iLLM3; 03-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Drive slow and prepare to stop and move the car on the trailer several times in order to find the "sweet spot". Make sure you give plenty of gap when braking.

triple check everything and make sure you keep an eye on your mirrors!

Mike

Old 03-04-2008, 01:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Damn this drive is going to suck

Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
K04
K04 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iLLM3
it would be a lie to say that it won't be bad but thats a long haul, are you enclosed or open trailer? because if its enclosed thats going to be a even longer long drive, as you got a huge mass behind. but best thing to do is go into it with the mindset that you are not on the gumball and your not going to set any records getting there, take it slow smoke a cigar and know its all worth it when you get there.

plus all the safety stuff stated above

wish i could be at this event.

anyone going to the NASA event at Pocono on the 28th of March?

Last edited by K04; 03-04-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by K04
it would be a lie to say that it won't be bad but thats a long haul, are you enclosed or open trailer? because if its enclosed thats going to be a even longer long drive, as you got a huge mass behind. but best thing to do is go into it with the mindset that you are not on the gumball and your not going to set any records getting there, take it slow smoke a cigar and know its all worth it when you get there.

plus all the safety stuff stated above

wish i could be at this event.

anyone going to the NASA event at Pocono on the 28th of March?

Sadly, atleast not I as I will be at the Road Atlanta Club Race...try to get Joe to do that though...he would probably like the track...

Old 03-04-2008, 02:28 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Just stay in the far right or left lane (dont worry about anyone else), and take your time, this prevents you from having to constantly be watching both sides because the trailor can go from one side to the other with a slight wheel adjustment. Let the fast people get mad and go around.

In fact you can start your point by's on the trip down.

Other than getting the car on and off the trailer at the start point and the destination, it's just like any other trip, just keep your level of alertness a little higher.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
yea, just take your time leave at first light.it will take me and my 22'enclosed, 500 miles 8 hours and 5 cigars.get to the track by around 4;00 relax hit 6:00-7:00 evening tech get a good nite sleep and be ready to POUND friday am. for 3 days of track time.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Hey, can we get a list of where everyone is staying here?

Im on track at the Suites off of Oak Tree...how about you guys?

1.Sechsgang-suite off of Oak Tree turn ON track...

Old 03-04-2008, 02:31 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Just stay in the far right or left lane (dont worry about anyone else), and take your time, this prevents you from having to constantly be watching both sides because the trailor can go from one side to the other with a slight wheel adjustment. Let the fast people get mad and go around.

In fact you can start your point by's on the trip down.

Other than getting the car on and off the trailer at the start point and the destination, it's just like any other trip, just keep your level of alertness a little higher.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Sorry, I don't really want to look through all the pages, but this event is sold out, right? DHinkle was wondering.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry, I don't really want to look through all the pages, but this event is sold out, right? DHinkle was wondering.
As of now I think so. Its a shame DHINKLE didnt sign up when I suggested...haha...now I dont get to see him/you till RA. And unfortunately, I havent been there before so Ill look like a putz...haha

Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Dude, it's just a couple weeks away. I'm SOOO excited. It's going to rock. Oh well, it would have been cool if we came. But ya'll would kill him on the straights.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Dude, it's just a couple weeks away. I'm SOOO excited. It's going to rock. Oh well, it would have been cool if we came. But ya'll would kill him on the straights.
ya, and then he would come right back up in NASCAR and oaktree and **** us off to all hell...haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!