996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'm leaving my home, 20 minutes east if Rt.29 Culpeper area by 2PM and will be heading south via Rt.29 to get to VIR. Anyone heading that way around that time via Rt.29, let me know and we can try to connect...

I used to do the I95/I85 route, but now I live closer to Rt.29, so I go that way and save 40 minutes!

Mike

Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
i'll be passing thru maryland on rt 81 but it will be,i'm not sure maybe 12-2 thursday afternoon.
I have an Accounting exam at 5:00, so I'm leaving after that-- can do later, but not earlier.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:57 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
i just printed out the trsck schedule,how come only 3 runs per group per day.normal should be 4 runs per day what gives. i see runs are 30 min each vs. 25 but whats up with only 3runs each day that sucks.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JoeyG
I have an Accounting exam at 5:00, so I'm leaving after that-- can do later, but not earlier.
hit those books,business before--never had too much fun,catch you at the track.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Believe me, they've already been hit! I'm going to ROCK monetary policy tomorrow too. :cool

Whenever I'm done, I'm done; whether it's 5:30 or 6:30... doesn't matter much, I got nothin' but time.

Out of curiosity, let's say I leave EARLY Friday morning instead... and get to the track around 12... can I still get in for a few sessions or should I just get in late Thursday night for all of Friday?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:11 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
i just printed out the trsck schedule,how come only 3 runs per group per day.normal should be 4 runs per day what gives. i see runs are 30 min each vs. 25 but whats up with only 3runs each day that sucks.
30 minutes is a huge amount of time...and normally, atleast at MOST of the events I have been at, the runs are only 20-22 or so minutes...I cant say Im that upset...Plus, really lets you get involved every time your out on this particularly long track.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
THey run three per day, giving longer runs, since it's a 3 day event. Allows everyone to get plenty of track time without wringing out the volunteers.

Mike

Old 03-05-2008, 05:29 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Weather.com has rain for friday, but their forecasts have been known to change.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:01 PM
all nnjr runs last year were 25 min and 4 runs per day dito pda and dito metro events that i did last year.any body run with chin,i'm doing wgi may 12-13 people have told me you get alot of track time with them.

monday march 10 is opening reg. for nnjr at summit point for may 5-6 i've been to shendoah circut last year, one time on that track is enough. but i heard summit point track is nice any input from anyone on this track.(shendoah and summit point are rite next to each other)
thanks

Last edited by stuart997gt3; 03-05-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
all nnjr runs last year were 25 min and 4 runs per day dito pda and dito metro events that i did last year.any body run with chin,i'm doing wgi may 12-13 people have told me you get alot of track time with them.

monday march 10 is opening reg. for nnjr at summit point for may 5-6 i've been to shendoah circut last year, one time on that track is enough. but i heard summit point track is nice any input from anyone on this track.
thanks
I LOVE Summit Pt. I think its just a plain fun track. There are a couple REALLY satisfying high speed turns that just feel GREAT when your really going. It used to be really bumpy, but after the repave it was made quite smooth. Its alot of fun for sure!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
I LOVE Summit Pt. I think its just a plain fun track. There are a couple REALLY satisfying high speed turns that just feel GREAT when your really going. It used to be really bumpy, but after the repave it was made quite smooth. Its alot of fun for sure!
thanks, yea thats what i heard about the repave cool. than monday i sign up for this event.this will be the 4th event for the year.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:34 PM
CarreraDos is infamous around these parts
VIR is a large track. We tried the four runs vs. three years ago and the vast majority of attendees preferred the 3/day schedule. I believe you get more hot laps with this schedule than 4/day. The 4/day works well with Summit where the lap times aren't as long as those at VIR. I'm usually pretty tired and content by the end of the day, but then again, I'm old

Old 03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by CarreraDos
VIR is a large track. We tried the four runs vs. three years ago and the vast majority of attendees preferred the 3/day schedule. I believe you get more hot laps with this schedule than 4/day. The 4/day works well with Summit where the lap times aren't as long as those at VIR. I'm usually pretty tired and content by the end of the day, but then again, I'm old
aok works for me..and for your last statment

Old 03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'd rather 3 longer sessions per day than 4 myself.

Besides, I think with all the guys that are going to be there that know each other, some extra time to talk and watch the other sessions will be in order. Instead of spending that time waiting at grid for a session or making an extra one. I'm bringing a in car cam and an HD cam for track side recording and I'll try and put a video together and get as many people on it as possible.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarreraDos
that's why I like to instruct, gives me more time just to be out on the track!!

oh and some new rubber coming with me..........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!