996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
JB, I'll help where I can from my limited driving experience. But Matt and others who are getting around this track 15 seconds faster than me clearly have it figured out... I am giving up tons of time going into T11/12, 14, and all thru rollercoaster.

I've actually enlisted the coaching of another instructor I know personally for some assistance, as well as Tom, whose experience speaks for itself.

The fun part of this sport is the learning... I've said this for 20+ years... if you're not learning, you're dying. I plan to live a long life!

See you guys very soon!

Mike

Old 03-08-2008, 08:03 AM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Ken Wilkinson is my instructor. Oh how I can't wait.

I CAN'T WAIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Joe

Old 03-08-2008, 09:00 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
you guys have a hell of a sign off instructor...haha...its Gary, the guy I mentioned before. He's a tough cookie, but if he passes you, there is NO doubt you are FULLY capable in that group...haha

As far as car capability, I dont look at what a car CAN run once or twice on divebomb laps, but what the car can run on the 8/9 tenths consistently...to ME, thats what a car is capable of...hating to use this reference, but its like in "Days of Thunder" when cruise is pulling off those ridic times but going through his tires/parts too fast. Ya, our cars may be capable of some "nice" single times, but hold that over 1.5 hrs...no way in hell!

DAMN heavy, 480 AWHP...im weak in comparo...that number MAYBE in BHP...haha...

Where are you guys power wise? Mike, Tom, (Martin/Matt I know)...cause it looks like I am going to have to WORK to keep you guys from passing...haha...guess Ill just have to crank some of those reservoir ajds...haha

Old 03-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'm in 110% agreement in everything you posted here... I'm screwed since Gary and I have butted heads repeatedly.

My car is supposedly making around 530AWHP (Wheels, not crank) and 565-570 Torque on pump gas. If I dump in some 100 Octane race gas the HP jumps to 565-575 and the torque goes to over 600FT.# according to Kevin.

This car has had a lot of changes over the winter, changes that should enhance the ability to really drive the car. I've also taken a huge step back in "thinking" I'm fast. I'm not and I know I have a sea of improvement.

Mike

Originally Posted by sechsgang
you guys have a hell of a sign off instructor...haha...its Gary, the guy I mentioned before. He's a tough cookie, but if he passes you, there is NO doubt you are FULLY capable in that group...haha

As far as car capability, I dont look at what a car CAN run once or twice on divebomb laps, but what the car can run on the 8/9 tenths consistently...to ME, thats what a car is capable of...hating to use this reference, but its like in "Days of Thunder" when cruise is pulling off those ridic times but going through his tires/parts too fast. Ya, our cars may be capable of some "nice" single times, but hold that over 1.5 hrs...no way in hell!

DAMN heavy, 480 AWHP...im weak in comparo...that number MAYBE in BHP...haha...

Where are you guys power wise? Mike, Tom, (Martin/Matt I know)...cause it looks like I am going to have to WORK to keep you guys from passing...haha...guess Ill just have to crank some of those reservoir ajds...haha

Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Jenk and JCB, which run groups are you guy's in?

Matt or TOm, will you guy's be instructing Blue?
im in blue

Old 03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
With the numbers of high HP cars in Blue that there are, we should have some "fun" for sure... I'm hoping the weather guessers forecast improves. Last I checked Friday and Saturday were going to be rain days...

Mike

Old 03-08-2008, 04:34 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
With the numbers of high HP cars in Blue that there are, we should have some "fun" for sure... I'm hoping the weather guessers forecast improves. Last I checked Friday and Saturday were going to be rain days...

Mike
BLAH not fun I'll be car #777

Old 03-08-2008, 05:19 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
BLAH not fun I'll be car #777
lucky 7's martin.thats the # they gave you,thats a good one. yea we can leave what ever time you want ,the eariler we leave, the earlier we get their.did your tires come in yet.mine were shipped friday from florida. hope they get here by wed.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:21 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
lucky 7's martin.thats the # they gave you,thats a good one. yea we can leave what ever time you want ,the eariler we leave, the earlier we get their.did your tires come in yet.mine were shipped friday from florida. hope they get here by wed.
I actually requested it and got confirmation of it today

Yea i'm planning on leaving early, leaving at 6am would be MURDER by the time I get to the GW bridge!

Tires should be here by Monday, no later then Tuesday so i'm not worried. Wednesday night loading the car up at the shop, i'll be set to go early am Thurs.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
if mine don't get here on time can i share yours

Old 03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
if mine don't get here on time can i share yours
LOL you know it man, im sure the guy's there can de-mount and balance tires in a flash, let's hope it doesn't come to that!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:38 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Fun story.

I am in the neighborhood of my audio shop Creative Car Tunes (Lemoyne, PA..google them)....(in a minute you'll see why I actually mention their name....) and decide to drop in to get some neat stickers for my blank white Zamp fsa1 helmet. It has been on my head less than 10 seconds. Audio shops often have cool stickers and the white helmet was just too white for me.

The manager shows me a helmet his speaker rep dropped by for advertising....anyway, guess what helmet JCB memphis now has in his possession...SA2005 and it fits better than the Zamp.... I feel a new AVATAR coming.....

Nicest thing I ever got at a car audio shop...at least the most fun. If you are in the mid atlantic and want a place not afraid of pcars....you can see my car when I get to VIR. The helmet was his way of saying thanks and have fun.
Very nice!!!! Well if we walk around with our helmets on at least we will be easy to find!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:41 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Agreed especially on an unfamiliar track! Everyone praises VIR, so I cannot wait.

BTW guy's, RA1's are becoming HARD TO GET now, Toyo will be phasing them out totally due to the response with the R888's, guess what, I got a set coming instead of my RA1's
these??

Old 03-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Next fun story: guy down the street is a navy captain. Has a few flight suits in Nomex. He plans to "set me up with one" this weekend.

Is it nuts to use it rather than jeans and a T shirt. He is pushing for me to use it (he has done so for miata events and hill climbs). I think he outgrew it so it my be a "freebee"....

Could be the funniest guy on the track between the cool helmet and the flight suit. I don't really care if it is safer.

The plan is otherwise jeans and a long t shirt.

My friends are sort of living vicariously through me if you will. I suspect his wife wants the guy to dump all of it on someone... :-)

wear it it will look good with the new helmet!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
when i can afford it i will get my helmet done!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!