996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:46 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
my helmet is black...haha...suit is white and black...done.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
I think there was a little bit of confusion in my post.

My personal best at VIR was one clean lap at a 2:13. My "goal" this year is to learn enough and correct enough areas that I'll be able to dip in to the 2:0Xs.

I'm fast in blue group, but that's the only place I've run with PCA. So I'm hoping to eventually get my my second sign off so I can move up to white and continue learning...

Tom Kerr will be helping me with that whole "learning" part!

Mike
I have studied and memorized your you tube video, I am thinking at least 3-5 seconds faster!!

I have a trackmate as well as three other cars coming in the trailer with me. We will be doing post run line analysis on a big plasma screen TV at the trailer. that way we can improve our lines as the weekend goes on!!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:52 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
you guys have a hell of a sign off instructor...haha...its Gary, the guy I mentioned before. He's a tough cookie, but if he passes you, there is NO doubt you are FULLY capable in that group...haha

As far as car capability, I dont look at what a car CAN run once or twice on divebomb laps, but what the car can run on the 8/9 tenths consistently...to ME, thats what a car is capable of...hating to use this reference, but its like in "Days of Thunder" when cruise is pulling off those ridic times but going through his tires/parts too fast. Ya, our cars may be capable of some "nice" single times, but hold that over 1.5 hrs...no way in hell!

DAMN heavy, 480 AWHP...im weak in comparo...that number MAYBE in BHP...haha...

Where are you guys power wise? Mike, Tom, (Martin/Matt I know)...cause it looks like I am going to have to WORK to keep you guys from passing...haha...guess Ill just have to crank some of those reservoir ajds...haha
I would be lying if I didnt think I will be running a solid 600hp(crank). That is my plan on how to keep up!! Screw that whole apex track out thing I am just flooring it!!! (just kidding Mike!)

Last edited by tom kerr; 03-08-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:55 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
im with you Tom!

Old 03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
haha, Ill be interested to see your times compared to mine...Im DEFINITELY the underdog of power (as in stock everything but intake (no programming), headers and straight pipes...I think Im underrubbered and underbraked as well...but I got a hella trick suspension and I know how to use it!

Im SOOO Psyched...btw, I have a traqmate as well, so there is another comparo available. Anyone running slower has to pay for dinner!

EDIT GUYS

Matt is now Cowboy Callahan. Thank his rennlist buddy for that!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
thanks Drew! i thought that name had gone by the wayside

Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
its better than what people called and still call me...

Drewblitz

hahaha

Old 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
haha, Ill be interested to see your times compared to mine...Im DEFINITELY the underdog of power (as in stock everything but intake (no programming), headers and straight pipes...I think Im underrubbered and underbraked as well...but I got a hella trick suspension and I know how to use it!

Im SOOO Psyched...btw, I have a traqmate as well, so there is another comparo available. Anyone running slower has to pay for dinner!

EDIT GUYS

Matt is now Cowboy Callahan. Thank his rennlist buddy for that!
You can re-run up to 8 cars (dots) at a time on the trackmate. you will have to bring it over so we can replay them all together. that way we can compare cars and lines from different run groups!!

And its the guy behind the wheel not the guy with the hp that is the fastest, my money is on you Drew, and of course Matt!!!

Although, I hope I dont have to turn that little **** on the top gauge!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Of us, I have a feeling that Cowboy Callahan will best me by ATLEAST 6 seconds on his shakedown and if he is REALLLLLLLY taking it easy (read eating a hamburger and flossing his teeth while driving)...in which case, well, he will...STILL blow by me by a good 5 seconds...hahaha

This is seriously going to be an epic event. Lets make sure to gather as much media as we can!

Old 03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
well my car is a virgin ... we will have to do quite a bit of sorting i am sure...

but i like that dash! i may need to talk to you about some of that stuff!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:37 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
you guys have a hell of a sign off instructor...haha...its Gary, the guy I mentioned before. He's a tough cookie, but if he passes you, there is NO doubt you are FULLY capable in that group...haha

As far as car capability, I dont look at what a car CAN run once or twice on divebomb laps, but what the car can run on the 8/9 tenths consistently...to ME, thats what a car is capable of...hating to use this reference, but its like in "Days of Thunder" when cruise is pulling off those ridic times but going through his tires/parts too fast. Ya, our cars may be capable of some "nice" single times, but hold that over 1.5 hrs...no way in hell!

DAMN heavy, 480 AWHP...im weak in comparo...that number MAYBE in BHP...haha...

Where are you guys power wise? Mike, Tom, (Martin/Matt I know)...cause it looks like I am going to have to WORK to keep you guys from passing...haha...guess Ill just have to crank some of those reservoir ajds...haha
I'm still far from the most powerful. I dont see how some of these guy get traction with all this power.

As for the lap times, we all know that qualifying and race laps are usually about a second maybe more apart. And I'm a time trial guy so yeah the hot laps carry more weight with me. I still think with a similar brake system that the GT2's can run 2:00-2:01 on a regular basis and qualify sub 2 minutes.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:41 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Anyone running slower has to pay for dinner!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm still far from the most powerful. I dont see how some of these guy get traction with all this power.

As for the lap times, we all know that qualifying and race laps are usually about a second maybe more apart. And I'm a time trial guy so yeah the hot laps carry more weight with me. I still think with a similar brake system that the GT2's can run 2:00-2:01 on a regular basis and qualify sub 2 minutes.
that would be impressive and fun! i know what it takes to run 2:01 or lower ive done it... b blast to be able to do... it will be my goal but i wonder if its possible... im sure it is i just dont know if i can do it...

Old 03-08-2008, 08:44 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
You can re-run up to 8 cars (dots) at a time on the trackmate. you will have to bring it over so we can replay them all together. that way we can compare cars and lines from different run groups!!

And its the guy behind the wheel not the guy with the hp that is the fastest, my money is on you Drew, and of course Matt!!!

Although, I hope I dont have to turn that little **** on the top gauge!!!!
Holy I/O Batman!, that is cool. I have always been partial to gauges.

See you guys soon. I'd love to volunteer to run the trackmate ...first DE....if you don't have anyone else in green you want to watch. ;-) Let me get settled and once I feel "ok" with the whole thing, I'll seek you guys out to just say hi, etc.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-08-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
From the videos I've seen of you driving I think you are underestimating yourself. Give it a few days in the car to dial it in and you'll be posting videos at 2:00 or lower before you know it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!