996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
VB997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 930man
i liked you being easy on him for the first half!
they may have to sit on your camera box!
...Matt Einstein was the only one to play with...he's a good driver!! That car was stock except for Hooser R6's.

...you think I should bring my Passenger seat?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
So I got everything loaded up, and the car cleaned up, and was ready to go... Now I have a CODE 4281 (low brake fluid) light kicking. Of course everything is fresh and full... So I'm gonna wiggle a few connectors, reset the code again with my Durametric software, and see if she clears up...

Heavy, I think -2.5 camber up front is a good compromise... I'm running somewhere in that range, but need to dial in some of the toe... I'll wait until the next event to get a new balance/corner weight/alignment done.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-11-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
If you wait too long, you may have to add me to that list of non point bys.

BTW what is everyone running camber wise up front? I want to run -3 in the front because of all of the off camber turns (1, snake, oak tree, nascar?, south bend?). But with all the straights I didnt know if it would be too much.
Dont get your hopes up, I only need a lap or two...muahahah

Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 930man
camber ??????????? whats that.... i dont think i have any!!!!!!!

( try zero) then i i know i will catch ya in a turn

Whatever, camber wont help me stay in front of that car with you driving it.

I'm going to be pointing you by from three turns away because by the time I get my hand back in the window you will already have caught up.

So make sure you keep your eyes far down track.

(well at least in the first few sessions till I figure out where I'm going)

Old 03-11-2008, 05:05 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
well ok than,did im mean to say i'll be giving the point byes with less than 415hp and just learning
We are in same group. I'll line up behind you. 380hp and also still learning here.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
VB997 - Can we run without a passenger seat? Some regions wont let you. I'd sure like to trim some fat of my baby. She's still 3635 lbs w/ me in it .

Mike, I went with -2.9 because it worked well for me at Road Atlanta and the track have lots of very similar turns, so I should be ok since I'm familiar with how the car handles with this setup.

Drew - You may get by, but you're gonna have to work for it.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
This is gonna be fun...

See you guys at 6:45 at the at the garages!

I cant wait!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Drew, can we run one seat? The Alabama PCA region said we had to have to and go figure a guy I know shows up in a Corvette PBOC race car with only one. I'm yanking mine if I can since I cant have a passenger anyways.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by datax
We are in same group. I'll line up behind you. 380hp and also still learning here.
ok cool datax, glad i found someone in white.anybody elce you know running it white?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Drew, can we run one seat? The Alabama PCA region said we had to have to and go figure a guy I know shows up in a Corvette PBOC race car with only one. I'm yanking mine if I can since I cant have a passenger anyways.
hmm...Your supposed to be able to...but I would keep it in JUST incase someone decides to make trouble...I dont remember what their laws are for that...and it would be an awfull reason to get screwed over.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:41 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VB997
...you guys already went for a ride in my car...someone posted some of my in car video a few threads ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8VH9lJtTk
Oh yeaaaaa... Well I want a real ride hah, by people who know the track like... (enter anything that fits)

Hell, i'll take out my GT3 seat and bolt it into yours just for a few laps

Old 03-11-2008, 06:30 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VB997
...Matt Einstein was the only one to play with...he's a good driver!! That car was stock except for Hooser R6's.

...you think I should bring my Passenger seat?
dam , cool video hauling ***.i just installed a mount and video camera,i tryed it on the street last week,and i brought 6 blank mini dv's tapes,for track time.

Last edited by stuart997gt3; 03-11-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:09 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
john bring the seat you want me to look at if you have the room

i may want to buy that one

Old 03-11-2008, 07:28 PM
just got the.......last update e-mail from zone 2

it says trailers can be dpopped off no eailer than 5:30.what if we are staying at the track, can we get thru the gate eariler.i hope.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
just got the.......last update e-mail from zone 2

it says trailers can be dpopped off no eailer than 5:30.what if we are staying at the track, can we get thru the gate eariler.i hope.
We will be getting there earlier, that would suck :/

BTW Stu where did you get the video camera mount???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!