996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:21 PM
CarreraDos is infamous around these parts
If you're staying at the track, then your confirmation email from VIR should have the info when you can check in.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 AM
GT3 Nut is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VB997
...Matt Einstein was the only one to play with...he's a good driver!! That car was stock except for Hooser R6's.

...you think I should bring my Passenger seat?
Man, that guy in that Orange RS in your video is Matt Einstein? Good driver? He really sucks.

930man - the first half of that video VB997 was screaming out loud and saying "What the heck is this guy trying to prove? He won't give me a point by and I am starting to lose my patience!" Can't you hear it on the video?

I guess I will have to be more courteous next time. I can tape a big red arrow on the back of my car so everyone can pass at will. No need for point bys.
Besides, won't we all need to give point bys to the DE Champ - Dell?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Cup cars scare me!!

At Watkins Glen Last Year Matt Einstein went out in Blue run group to lap a few times in the car to get used to it and he passed me just before the busstop at better than 160MPH... I about ruined a nice OMP driving suit.

Mike
It couldn't have been more than 150.
Sorry about that. I had to run in blue so I could actually pass someone that day.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Is anyone that is going interested in any of the following:
1. Set of front rotors - Brembo slotted with floating hats - for a 996 GT3 or Cup. They were used for a couple of DE's, but now I have to use stock cup rotors for GTC3 Club racing. They are in excellent shape. $600 pair (paid about 1200-1300).

2. 996 GT3 calipers front and rear. Fronts were rebuilt and used 1 or 2 DE's. They are not pretty (scratches/dirty), but they work great. Fronts are yellow and rears are red. (Someone ambitious could clean and paint them and they would look great). $1,000 for all.

3. Set of front AND rear PAGID RS4-4 for a Cayman S. Used for 1 DE. $200 for set

Please email me or PM me and I can bring to VIR this weekend. I need to know by Wednesday night.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:05 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

TROOPER PATROL HEAVY

I have heard from a good deal of people that VA and surrounding states very recently upped its patrol or highways 10 fold. They are ticketing for next to nothing over the limit. Lets not take ANY chances. Make sure that you arent the one who loses their license (not hard in VA) right before a de event because you are going 85-90 mph on 95 or whereever you are driving.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sechsgang
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

TROOPER PATROL HEAVY

I have heard from a good deal of people that VA and surrounding states very recently upped its patrol or highways 10 fold. They are ticketing for next to nothing over the limit. Lets not take ANY chances. Make sure that you arent the one who loses their license (not hard in VA) right before a de event because you are going 85-90 mph on 95 or whereever you are driving.

PS: Radar detectors are a no no in VA...fyi all. I am not sure if they are smart about hidden systems or not. I suspect they are....and will probably be suspicious with p-cars.

I plan to go speed limit +5 or so.... I hope the rural roads are up to 65 mph.

Thanks Sechsgang for the heads-up!

JB

Old 03-12-2008, 05:12 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
correct, and they ARE PULLING OVER FOR 6-10 OVER!

So stay with traffic, or just dont speed at all...Im leaving early just to account for this!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
Man, that guy in that Orange RS in your video is Matt Einstein? Good driver? He really sucks.

930man - the first half of that video VB997 was screaming out loud and saying "What the heck is this guy trying to prove? He won't give me a point by and I am starting to lose my patience!" Can't you hear it on the video?

I guess I will have to be more courteous next time. I can tape a big red arrow on the back of my car so everyone can pass at will. No need for point bys.
Besides, won't we all need to give point bys to the DE Champ - Dell?

lmaooooooooooo i figured you would chime in with my being easy on him remark!!!!!! just didnt think it would take that long...!!!!!

i was pretty dam impressed for you stock set up! i could see the rear do that lil squirrley thing that mine did on track ...

you have to stop lifting on the straights for john to catch up!!!

that was for John ...lmao..

yes i will bow to the king this weekend i promise.,,,,, you know what im talking about

hey you think the rotors will work on the GT2..??? i will look at them i would take them off your hands ... i will see you thursday right???

Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
obtw ,.... i thought he was screaming why did i do all this wrk and ... look what is in front of me!!!!!!!!!!! ( sorry john had to do it)

Old 03-12-2008, 07:42 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 930man
lmaooooooooooo i figured you would chime in with my being easy on him remark!!!!!! just didnt think it would take that long...!!!!!

i was pretty dam impressed for you stock set up! i could see the rear do that lil squirrley thing that mine did on track ...

you have to stop lifting on the straights for john to catch up!!!

that was for John ...lmao..

yes i will bow to the king this weekend i promise.,,,,, you know what im talking about

hey you think the rotors will work on the GT2..??? i will look at them i would take them off your hands ... i will see you thursday right???

Will there be any time to somewhat learn the line in red or are you guys going to start kicking our asses as soon as we get on the track??
Would love to follow your line for a lap or two? Promise wont show anyone the vid of me staying with you guys on the warm up laps!!

Car in the trailer and on the way!!

Hope to be able to get some traqmate data to overlay the lines Friday night so I can learn something from you guys!!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Tom
absolutely! We are all slow as hell anyway!
we just speed up videos to look faster
jump in behind me or john, matt or I will introduce you to some others
be glad to show you mine, I am a lil rusty and mine is noway a de line but It gets around the track..

I think I am in garage 14

Old 03-12-2008, 09:05 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
VB997 - Can we run without a passenger seat? Some regions wont let you. I'd sure like to trim some fat of my baby. She's still 3635 lbs w/ me in it .

Mike, I went with -2.9 because it worked well for me at Road Atlanta and the track have lots of very similar turns, so I should be ok since I'm familiar with how the car handles with this setup.

Drew - You may get by, but you're gonna have to work for it.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Finally some **** talking!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by 930man
Tom
absolutely! We are all slow as hell anyway!
we just speed up videos to look faster
jump in behind me or john, matt or I will introduce you to some others
be glad to show you mine, I am a lil rusty and mine is noway a de line but It gets around the track..

I think I am in garage 14
Thanks Matt, I need some initial help.

Wonder if they would let me go out in the white group before red just to see the track??

Down here alot of our DE's have a 20 minute warm up session under yellow no helmets just to see what is what and get the cars warmed up a bit.

Hate to have to go out ba!!s to the wall in red first time on the track (but I will)

Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Will there be any time to somewhat learn the line in red or are you guys going to start kicking our asses as soon as we get on the track??
Would love to follow your line for a lap or two? Promise wont show anyone the vid of me staying with you guys on the warm up laps!!

Car in the trailer and on the way!!

Hope to be able to get some traqmate data to overlay the lines Friday night so I can learn something from you guys!!

ROFL

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was wondering the same thing. I knwo it only takes me about 2-3 laps to be at 8-9/10th's at Road Atlanta, I know these guys are chewing at the bit to get immediately to the beat downs.

But when we have the event at Road Atlanta or Sebring which we will one of these years, then we can return the favor if they lay the smack down too quickly.

Tom, I'm sure there is someone we can keep up with in RED, I refuse to beleive there are 50 people at any DE that will be faster than me even at 7/10ths.

So I'm cool with 49 points by's.

As long as one guy I dont point by is Drew

Old 03-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
ROFL

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was wondering the same thing. I knwo it only takes me about 2-3 laps to be at 8-9/10th's at Road Atlanta, I know these guys are chewing at the bit to get immediately to the beat downs.

But when we have the event at Road Atlanta or Sebring which we will one of these years, then we can return the favor if they lay the smack down too quickly.

Tom, I'm sure there is someone we can keep up with in RED, I refuse to beleive there are 50 people at any DE that will be faster than me even at 7/10ths.

So I'm cool with 49 points by's.

As long as it isnt Drew.

This is going to be an embarassing weekend then my friend! I hope you like silver in your mirror and on your back bumper! And if you just keep passing me on the straight and then slow down in them corners...I is gonna be ENGRY!!!!!! hahaha

Remember, Im going to need some help at RA VERY soon!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!