996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:25 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
BTW between playing the PC game GTR2 which has a great game version of GTR2 and watching Chris Ingle, Matt, Mike and any other video I can find, I know the turns, I just need to feel the car in those turns a coupld times and I'm good.

Better scrub the heck out of the tires Drew. And fast.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
This is going to be an embarassing weekend then my friend! I hope you like silver in your mirror and on your back bumper! And if you just keep passing me on the straight and then slow down in them corners...I is gonna be ENGRY!!!!!! hahaha

Remember, Im going to need some help at RA VERY soon!
Hey, I cant take my beating for a few days, but I always come back with a vengenace.

Here is my saying:

"As long as there is grass, every corner should be fast, but when you see a wall it's either brake, lift, or big *****"

Yeah man, I got you for Road Atlanta. I wish I had my camera last time out so I could send you some video, but it wasnt installed at the time, but we can work it out.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
ROFL

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was wondering the same thing. I knwo it only takes me about 2-3 laps to be at 8-9/10th's at Road Atlanta, I know these guys are chewing at the bit to get immediately to the beat downs.

But when we have the event at Road Atlanta or Sebring which we will one of these years, then we can return the favor if they lay the smack down too quickly.

Tom, I'm sure there is someone we can keep up with in RED, I refuse to beleive there are 50 people at any DE that will be faster than me even at 7/10ths.

So I'm cool with 49 points by's.

As long as one guy I dont point by is Drew
When I lined up in Pro bicycle races with huge fields I thought the same thing, ahh, I was wrong!!!!

Let the beat downs begin!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sechsgang
This is going to be an embarassing weekend then my friend! I hope you like silver in your mirror and on your back bumper! And if you just keep passing me on the straight and then slow down in them corners...I is gonna be ENGRY!!!!!! hahaha

Remember, Im going to need some help at RA VERY soon!
Make sure you guys go out in front of me so I can post beat downs on you tube I'll have the chase cam rolling!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:22 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Make sure you guys go out in front of me so I can post beat downs on you tube I'll have the chase cam rolling!!!
This may just be epic...straight up...

The rain will be interesting...haha

Heavy, I have a feeling we will have a GREAT time as soon as you get the track down. To make everything fair, why dont we set up so that when im heat cycling my new tires and bedding my brakes during the first run, that you guys get behind me and just follow untill I pit for tire temps and pressures. That way, you guys will get a good warm up, see where stuff is at, and by the next go around, should be ready to rock!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Good idea, I was going to tell you that you better not be stalking me when I got to Pit lane for the first session so you can hurry and get a point by.

I'm cool with trying to keep up.

I hadnt checked the forcast recently, how bad is the rain supposed to be?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Good idea, I was going to tell you that you better not be stalking me when I got to Pit lane for the first session so you can hurry and get a point by.

I'm cool with trying to keep up.

I hadnt checked the forcast recently, how bad is the rain supposed to be?
Not bad at all, its just that the rain just screws up learning a new track a bit, thats all. its only going to drizzle (supposedly) off and on for a day or two (it will still be 70 deg though). That said, Im really not going to push hard the first rounds for the reasons I said, so dont worry and honestly, I dont really care much about point bys. So dont sweat it when we get there. Thats for the 3rd day...then no guarentees...haha

Old 03-12-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL, from what I see, it will rain friday about 6 p.m. and then off and on saturday.

That's not bad at all. I'll keep my hoo hoos on for that.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow, Suncoast just screwed my rotors order, so now I'm fishing for rotors.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:10 PM
LOL, from what I see, it will rain friday about 6 p.m. and then off and on saturday.

That's not bad at all. I'll keep my hoo hoos on for that.

Im changing to PSCUPS the first day if its raining, then moving to my hoosier daddies

Old 03-12-2008, 01:27 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
WTFFFFFF MANNNN I HATE THE RAIN :| This will make it NOT/TOO INTERESTING for me Drew lol!

Old 03-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr

It has begun.

I cant wait until we have done this a few times, then it'll be open game for trash talking. I think everyone is being a little conservative now because we dont know how sensitive people will get since we havent actually met yet.

Last edited by heavychevy; 03-12-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
First the smack... You fast guys... You... SUCK... Because you're fast and even if I were in your group you'd lap me like I was in a Miata!

Second... Thanks Robb at Lufteknic, although I still have the stupid 4281 code showing, We confirmed the PSM and ABS aren't effected... here's the STUPID HPDE award recipiant right here... To speed up the "bleed" process, I have a nice little syring that came with one of my many bicycle hydraulic brake kits over the years (I cycled competetively for years before I took on weight gain as a hobby) and I stick that plastic tube for the syringe into the hole on the master cylinder cup *(front and back) and I have apparently "bumped" that sensor with the tube and aggrevated the fluid level sensor... So I have a NICE BIG WARNING LIGHT every time I start the car and wait 20 seconds...

Nice...

And you fast guys still...SUCK!

Mike

Old 03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Tom, since you guys are coming north for this event, we should schedule an event in the fall or over the winter (hopefully at Daytona again in December) to come and bring down the value of realestate in your home state for a weekend!!!

I smell the start of a new thread about 72 hours after we've all recouperated from this weekend!!

Mike

It has begun.

I cant wait until we have done this a few times, then it'll be open game for trash talking. I think everyone is being a little conservative now because we dont know how sensitive people will get since we havent actually met yet.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:24 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
I can almost smell the race fuel!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!