996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Ridiculous weekend guys...this is going really great!

Old 03-15-2008, 05:08 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
zone 2 good food, and great people at this event

Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Another great day, everyone is getting FASTTTT out there too

Pretty pissed my 3rd session got rained out, but back on tomorrow!

Jenk there are carts right over the bridge leaving, we'l check it out tomorrow depending on the time, we should all do it!

Old 03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm in for the carts.

I think my R6's have had it, I came way under prepped in the tire department.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:16 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm in for the carts.

I think my R6's have had it, I came way under prepped in the tire department.
My 2nd session I think I was cooking my tires, getting real comfy out there, also could have been since I went down to 1/4 tank or even a little less, front end did;t have the stick it did earlier in the same session!

BTW the Kart track and karts are FASTTTTTTTT, like 30 minute long lapping session too, fun as hell!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:38 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Where's the pics??!

Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
i am sure there will be quite a few floating around

Old 03-16-2008, 03:23 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
What a weekend... I'm still composing my "wrap up" from the weekend, but I'm back home and gonna go thru my footage to see what the times were... I did get promoted to White run group late Friday and stayed in White all weekend. Although I had some mechanical issues that hindered the car significantly, we drove around them and made most of the weekend. I bailed after the second session today, cutting it short, due to some backfiring thru the exhaust...this clutch slipping was a big letdown, considering it's brand new with less than 500 easy street miles on it before the weekend...

It was GREAT meeting all the gang this weekend, and couldn't say enough about the 6speed show of force and support... What a great bunch of guys!!!

Alex and Tom K. will have to give their respective reports from the weekend chasing me around in white! Tom K. is a loose nut behind the wheel, seriously!!!
Mike

Old 03-16-2008, 04:30 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Where's the pics??!
My buddy (sean_996) and I took a lot of pictures but here are some. It was really nice to meet some of you. You guys are cool as hell. Too bad my diff expired on me.

Mike, me, steffan and stuart

Drew and the Cup

The red group

Matt?

Jeff

Sorry, forgot his name.

Mike

Last edited by datax; 03-16-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:32 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
cool pics... i had a blast ... wondering now how much i miss my gt3... not lol

Old 03-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Gonna upload some video later... I'm disappointed that my impatience cost me the first TWO sessions of tape for Saturday!!!

But I did get most of Friday, last session Saturday, and second session Sunday!

GREAT PICS DATAX!!!!
Mike

Old 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
great pics thanks for including me

yes that is matt

Old 03-16-2008, 07:09 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Wow

Just got back....

Ditto. Great, great group of guys.

I'm the "Jeff" above...

Turbo's with UMW code and Switzer exhausts, LWFW's, and BOV's are not easy cars to use as one's first track car. These cars, tuned, are beasts.

Some facts.

My max rate of speed was 6200 to 6300 rpm in 5th, whatever that is.....it is hard to see the speedometer when thinking about heel -toeing and braking and NOT doing a money shift...

These cars are so fast my instructor and I had to remind ourselves to be easy on the gas a lot. It probably made my job of learning 3x harder than if I had come in a 944....so if you are in the forum and do DE, be prepared, but don't be discouraged. I had a blast. Great instructor. Great guys....track was amazing. It was well worth it.

My stock brakes had 0 fade....granted I am not in red or black...just SRF fluid and I was fine. Stock pads.

Conti's are not great track tires....my next tire will be a PS2. Many have suggested as such, the first person being datax..and my instructor, and the chief instructor...all without talking to each other.

Track driving is really much harder than you think...it is like chess and doing push-ups at the same time.

Some of the people here are wildly talented.

Going 90 - 100 mph in the rain is easy....but PCA rules make you keep your windows open and the wipers made for some real fun. But, it forced me to be super smooth on the car...and the next day in the dry it was awesome..... I did 30 minutes in a downpour at speed.....wanted to learn. I had street tires....much easier for me than for most of the other guys because of this.

I got a lot better over the weekend, and the 6speeders on this forum are a big reason for that.

Thanks guys! I plan to do this again several times....as soon as possible.

Jeff

(not all photos are 6speeders....some just are fun to look at...)

Attached Images      

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-16-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:18 PM
hell i still learn something every time i hit the track... and i doamn sure eed to learn to drive this car

Old 03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
A few more...

A few more photos....

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!