996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
I had a great time and it was good to meet some fellow 6speeders. VIR was such a blast. As Datax mentioned we had taken some pics (a little over 500) and I will upload them onto my photo bucket account. I'll have individual folders so it'll be easier to find. A lot of shots are sequence type, going into the front straight, and turn 3.

Right now I'm tired and I'll get to the pics tomorrow.

Chris

Old 03-16-2008, 11:35 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
nice pics guys, i didnt get to meet everybody but there was a great 6speed showing

Old 03-16-2008, 11:38 PM
intence is infamous around these parts
i saw a white 997 gt3 on a trailer with an extra set of tires being towed by a toyota sequioa in reston, va last week. it was mid week so i wasnt sure where he was going... anyone know who that is?

Old 03-16-2008, 11:41 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Such a great time guys! Great running with you (Dez, Tom,Matt) and great meeting the rest of you. We definitely need a repeat of this for sure!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:23 AM
CarreraDos is infamous around these parts
Great weather, good friends and an awesome track, what's more to want? Weekend went by too fast. Highlight for me was getting a ride in Gary Church's Ruf turbo. He posted a video of the ride on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOvCaPN-8P8

Old 03-17-2008, 08:25 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
he gave you a ride in that monster? did you leave anything on the seat?

EDIT:Yes, that was me they FLEW by in the beginning of the session...and flew is definitely an understatement...

Last edited by sechsgang; 03-17-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:27 AM
CarreraDos is infamous around these parts
I usually don't get car sick instructing, even still, I ate a light lunch

Car is surprisingly smooth and those suede seats are quite comfy. When you're chasing the 997 Cup, the speed is hard to feel, until you pass by Turbos and GT3's like their 914's

Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sechsgang
he gave you a ride in that monster? did you leave anything on the seat?
Take a look at the 1:33 minute...they both were working to get by....nice driving...

JB

Old 03-17-2008, 08:36 AM
haha, thanks JCB

But I think I was working to not get in the way! haha

Old 03-17-2008, 09:21 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I too was blown away by the quality of people from Rennlist and 6speed, this was a great weekend and exceeded my expectations in every way.

Many thanks to Viper Bob and crew for helping me with changing rotors and helping me(while I watched LOL) change my rotors. Great group for sure. I owe you guys one.

I was very impressed with the level and quality of drivers at this event and look forward to returning to VIR many times (only about 4.5 hours).

Thanks Drew and Matt (for as long as I could keep up) for allowing me to follow you guys and learn the line.

I have lots of video and a few pics that will be up this week.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I too was blown away by the quality of people from Rennlist and 6speed, this was a great weekend and exceeded my expectations in every way.

Many thanks to Viper Bob and crew for helping me with changing rotors and helping me(while I watched LOL) change my rotors. Great group for sure. I owe you guys one.

I was very impressed with the level and quality of drivers at this event and look forward to returning to VIR many times (only about 4.5 hours).

Thanks Drew and Matt (for as long as I could keep up) for allowing me to follow you guys and learn the line.

I have lots of video and a few pics that will be up this week.
id like to see some of your video!

i thought you did fantastic!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:50 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone did great. It was my first time, but I was told that VIR is complicated because of "information overload" issues. I had to visualize to get into the "zone" very hard at the start of each session...worked for me.

Only lost concentration badly once when a 997S started to wobble in front of me and almost spin in the snake....my lack of experience and fear of T-boning him at 100mph.....

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I actually did accomplish a lot. It has so many corners that are hard to get right.... On the last run, I was thrilled (as was my instructor) that I finally got the corkscrew "right" every time.....at speed and in traffic. That had been a struggle for me all DE. Doing three laps in a row "right" albeit a lot slower than most on this thread, made my Sunday golden. I was so happy it is hard to explain it.

Heavy, you were very, very fast. Considering your brakes were suspect, that is amazing stuff.... 930 man....2 days in his car and just about at 2 flat.... sechsgang in stock 996tt form holding his own with real cup cars.... Etc.

sean_996 and datax found me on day 0 and it was just great. "No such thing as a dumb question" sechsgang covered me on track issues as did everyone else. I got lucky and had a superb instructor. I hope to be as good an instructor as he is one day. Main goal. Oh, seeing an M5 (v10) on a drift pad was just too cool..

See you guys soon I hope.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-17-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Everyone did great. It was my first time, but I was told that VIR is complicated because of "information overload" issues. I had to visualize to get into the "zone" very hard at the start of each session...worked for me.

Only lost concentration badly once when a 997S started to wobble in front of me and almost spin in the snake....my lack of experience and fear of T-boning him at 100mph.....

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I actually did accomplish a lot. It has so many corners that are hard to get right.... On the last run, I was thrilled (as was my instructor) that I finally got the corkscrew "right" every time.....at speed and in traffic. That had been a struggle for me all DE. Doing three laps in a row "right" albeit a lot slower than most on this thread, made my Sunday golden. I was so happy it is hard to explain it.

Heavy, you were very, very fast. Considering your brakes were suspect, that is amazing stuff.... 930 man....2 days in his car and just about at 2 flat.... sechsgang in stock 996tt form holding his own with real cup cars.... Etc.

sean_996 and datax found me on day 0 and it was just great. "No such thing as a dumb question" sechsgang covered me on track issues as did everyone else. I got lucky and had a superb instructor. I hope to be as good an instructor as he is one day. Main goal. Oh, seeing an M5 (v10) on a drift pad was just too cool..

See you guys soon I hope.

JB
What m5 on what skid pad...

Old 03-17-2008, 11:23 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by CarreraDos
Great weather, good friends and an awesome track, what's more to want? Weekend went by too fast. Highlight for me was getting a ride in Gary Church's Ruf turbo. He posted a video of the ride on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOvCaPN-8P8
those were some fast laps.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:20 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
MAN what can I say? I had an absolute BLAST, my 3rd day got damn good and I was getting real comfy out there, was running 2:12's consistently, trying to enter the esse's faster each time (up to about 125-135 this part gave me the most FEAR lol) and was getting higher speed coming down the back/front straight and was just braking a bit later and later (was hard to get clean lap's since blue solo was holding me up) ! I learned SO MUCH and VIR is unreal!

I can't believe it's over already, met so many cool people off here... We have lot's of pictures and video footage that I will have to put up soon!

Dez, Jenk, Mikelly, Tom K, Matt (930), LVDELL, JCB (Jeff), Manny who put this together it was GREAT meeting you guy's...

And then the usual suspects Drew, JoeyG and LAST but most importantly Stu (Stuart997GT3)

Stu we had some cruise down, wound up taking us 12 hours because of a little mishap LOL, but we got their safe and sound. Had a blast man, thanks again and was great seeing you! We'll figure out our next event soon!

Martin

Last edited by iLLM3; 03-17-2008 at 12:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!