996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 930man
id like to see some of your video!

i thought you did fantastic!
Thanks. VIR is a tough place to get down, even with 3 days. I will be doing laps in my head for weeks.

It'll be funny watching me follow you up to turn 1 where nothing turns but my head, then off into the feild bouncing around.

But I think Tom got the record for fewest laps before cutting grass.

And Jenk got him some agriculture too.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Well I came home with potentially more damage than I thought... Have the following codes...

P0300
P0305
P0306

All misfire codes. Remember I told some of you I experienced a few backfires... First run 3rd day and 3nd run 3rd day, Second run I parked it after 20 minutes because of it. No CELs or other "drive to workshop" errors, just the codes registered. Not sure if I just got bad gas or what. I never got the car lower than 1/4 of a tank of fuel those two runs.

Overall I had big fun. Tom and I had an off road adventure on Friday, removing his splitter and brake ducts, while I was trying to 'teach" him the course. It's a lot harder to "teach" than I thought it might be. I do feel good about the times I ran, especially given the fact that the clutch would give up the ghost at almost any point above 4500Rpms or .6-.7 bar of boost. I couldn't take advantage of Kevin's "gift" of 100 octane tune because the clutch wouldn't hold up to the 93 octane tune. Oh well... Next time...

I have some decent 2:12s on tape, and many 2:13s. I'll post some up on Youtube. I must say that although I enjoyed meeting everyone, next time we need to get better organized and have our own little "group" dinner one night so we can get everyone in one place at one time. I'll champion that little effort next time we're at VIR or Summit.

What a weekend!!

Mike

Old 03-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
First session, first day, you pull a 2:10 out and I'm like HOLY HELL, this is the start to a BIG weekend... First Tom gets us Airborne in the infield at T4 and now Dez is waxin' his best Hans Stuck impersonation...

The Atlanta crew had it going on for sure... Alex and I had an absolute blast in White... Got some GREAT footage of him!!

Mike

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Thanks. VIR is a tough place to get down, even with 3 days. I will be doing laps in my head for weeks.

It'll be funny watching me follow you up to turn 1 where nothing turns but my head, then off into the feild bouncing around.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future

next time i will have car sorted and you will have to come for a ride...

sometimes nice to see how peolple do things differently.... how they approach turns etc

Old 03-17-2008, 03:20 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Wow great weekend!! Awesome track and even better drivers!!
Was really enjoyable meeting all you guys!!!
Wow there are some good drivers on this forum.........
Mike, Dez, Drew, Matt and the list goes on, great seeing you guys!

PS sorry for the "little" off roading Mike, you know that cold tire thing and not knowing which way to turn!! Thanks for the coaching, still only squeaked out a 2:11, my buddy ran a 2:08 and seemed like everyone on this forum where the fastest cars out there!!!

all good but a lost splitter and brake duct but they gave it back to me with some clear duct tape and said just tape it up!!! they were not kidding!!!

Mike congrats on you and Martin going solo!!! you are both great drivers!!

Drew and Dez repped us out BIG TIME!!!! These two 6 speed guys were the fastest out there!!!! Thanks for letting me follow you guys around, will try to upload some good you tube vids soon, have some great footage of us playing on the track (that is until that covette A-hole cut through us!!)

Mike also got some great stuff of us will try to get it going soon!

Last edited by tom kerr; 03-17-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by intence
i saw a white 997 gt3 on a trailer with an extra set of tires being towed by a toyota sequioa in reston, va last week. it was mid week so i wasnt sure where he was going... anyone know who that is?
He was headed over to my house to pick up a set of tires to take down to VIR for me . He's not on this board, but over on r-list.

Weekend was great ... nice meetin' a bunch of you. Usual take it slow last session of the event, but turns out I turned my quickest time (2:10.34 on R888s) on the last lap of the last session of the last day ... go figure!

Old 03-17-2008, 03:48 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future

yeah i had my agriculture experience as well going into turn 1. no damage but i had a great time with my instructor signing me off to white as well. i stayed driving in blue though as white seem to be a very big group with instructors giving students a ride in that group.
there are some really fast drivers on this board with some fast cars.

matt, i want to ride in your beast if there's ever another chance

Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM
So I'm trying to collect all the names and match them to the members...

We know Matt C. as 930Man
Dez is HeavyChevy
Stu is Stuwart997GT3
Jeff is JCB _Memphis
Tom K. is TomKerr
Drew is Sechsgang
Martin is iLLM3
Mike is Jenk12M
Alex is ManAlex
Ken is Datax
Sean is Sean 996
Ryan is rmag
Cabcar is Lindsey

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-17-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Cabcar has a spectacular aura aboutCabcar has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys

It was great fun! I hardly ever post on 6speed but I lurk a lot. I only got to meet some of you. What an impressive group! I am Cabcar here and on Rennlist (I had a cab for my first P-car). If you saw a silver GT3 with a white bumper #31 - that was me. I did not get the car to the body shop in time for a paint job prior to VIR after putting it in the tire wall at Daytona. I wish I could have run with you all in the red group to watch some of your lines. A great time indeed.

Lindsey

Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mikelly
So I'm trying to collect all the names and match them to the members...

We know Matt C. as 930Man
Dez is HeavyChevy
Stu is Stuwart997GT3
Jeff is JCB _Memphis
Tom K. is TomKerr
Drew is Sechsgang
Martin is iLLM3
???? is Jenk12M
Alex is ???
Ken is Datax
Sean is Sean 996
Ryan is rmag
we have the same 1st name

alex is manalex

Old 03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by rmag
He was headed over to my house to pick up a set of tires to take down to VIR for me . He's not on this board, but over on r-list.

Weekend was great ... nice meetin' a bunch of you. Usual take it slow last session of the event, but turns out I turned my quickest time (2:10.34 on R888s) on the last lap of the last session of the last day ... go figure!
nice ryan, it was nice meeting you and having a chance to talk to you.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:06 PM
VB997 is infamous around these parts
...me getting schooled by Matt Einstein. Good meeting you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCOhm1shPKg

Old 03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VB997
...me getting schooled by Matt Einstein. Good meeting you guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCOhm1shPKg

You saw the pic where your about to school me right? I hope I got out of your way fast enough!

Great watching you drive for a bit...

Old 03-17-2008, 05:27 PM
VB997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sechsgang
You saw the pic where your about to school me right? I hope I got out of your way fast enough!

Great watching you drive for a bit...

I just saw the pic...thanks!

...you were fine, not in the way at all!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:13 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

LOL i'm a victim of that I must add in too, came into the esse's way too hot and over the second crest just couldn't make it drove straight onto the grass without any spinning out, no need for correction when you can just drive onto the level grass!!!!

Dez you were COOOOOOKIN' out there, amazing driving buddy!

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Well I came home with potentially more damage than I thought... Have the following codes...

P0300
P0305
P0306

All misfire codes. Remember I told some of you I experienced a few backfires... First run 3rd day and 3nd run 3rd day, Second run I parked it after 20 minutes because of it. No CELs or other "drive to workshop" errors, just the codes registered. Not sure if I just got bad gas or what. I never got the car lower than 1/4 of a tank of fuel those two runs.

Overall I had big fun. Tom and I had an off road adventure on Friday, removing his splitter and brake ducts, while I was trying to 'teach" him the course. It's a lot harder to "teach" than I thought it might be. I do feel good about the times I ran, especially given the fact that the clutch would give up the ghost at almost any point above 4500Rpms or .6-.7 bar of boost. I couldn't take advantage of Kevin's "gift" of 100 octane tune because the clutch wouldn't hold up to the 93 octane tune. Oh well... Next time...

I have some decent 2:12s on tape, and many 2:13s. I'll post some up on Youtube. I must say that although I enjoyed meeting everyone, next time we need to get better organized and have our own little "group" dinner one night so we can get everyone in one place at one time. I'll champion that little effort next time we're at VIR or Summit.

What a weekend!!

Mike
Mike man, are those codes all on the same bank/side of cylinder's or shutdown of cylinders 1-3, 3-6? If so I might know what it is! Sucks you had to go through that, LVdell with his diff and Tom as well When will you be going to Summit? Me and Stu will be heading there in April I believe, or Maybe early May!

I also agree we should have had a little dinner of our group, but it was a bit hectic with getting people together!

Martin

Originally Posted by jenk12m
yeah i had my agriculture experience as well going into turn 1. no damage but i had a great time with my instructor signing me off to white as well. i stayed driving in blue though as white seem to be a very big group with instructors giving students a ride in that group.
there are some really fast drivers on this board with some fast cars.

matt, i want to ride in your beast if there's ever another chance
Exactly what I did until it cleared out 3rd session on day 3, I went in and it was nice and clear, ran a 2:12.4 out there on my 2nd to last lap !

I also want a ride in Matt's car, he really lucked out though big time and someone was watching over him, he ran into hub problem that could have ended ugly on the track, but noticed a noise. How about his 2 flat out there? WHOA

Last edited by iLLM3; 03-17-2008 at 06:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!