996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:01 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, a lot of you guys saw my car's interior..natural brown and metro blue carpet....

Say I want to get 5/6 point, a B&K harness bar, and seats (natural brown?)....as a system: does anyone know of a good option that folds so I can use the back seat...odd question, I know.... Sparco Milano in brown like a natural brown? Etc.

Figured I ask you guys. sean_996 and I talked and his bar idea makes a lot of sense...I just don't want to ruin the car's interior with discordance if avoidable.

If only GT3 seats folded......they come in OEM leather.

JB

Old 03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Hey, a lot of you guys saw my car's interior..natural brown and metro blue carpet....

Say I want to get 5/6 point, a B&K harness bar, and seats (natural brown?)....as a system: does anyone know of a good option that folds so I can use the back seat...odd question, I know.... Sparco Milano in brown like a natural brown? Etc.

Figured I ask you guys. sean_996 and I talked and his bar idea makes a lot of sense...I just don't want to ruin the car's interior with discordance if avoidable.

If only GT3 seats folded......they come in OEM leather.

JB
Jeff, what are you going to use the rear seat for? Once you put any seat in with harnesses, the harnesses must hook up to something. So once you put a rollbar in it's useless anyway :/ Unless you get a removable harness bar.

GT3 seats in natural brown would be gorgeous!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VB997
Na, registration is several months away...what did you see?
LOL Stu managed to get last years event up when he searched

Originally Posted by tom kerr
Any thoughts on Watkins Glen in June for the PCA zone 1 event? (just thinking?)
I wanted to do this event as well, I'm IN!!!!!

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Thoughs? If by thoughts you mean hotel reservations and a Welcome Back poster waiting for you then ya....
lol.. Drew will you be doing it as well?

Originally Posted by 930man
I am trying to make that event!!!!
DO IT...

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Uh oh.
And last reply, man, this looks like it could be another SOLID event, i'm in!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:20 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Jeff, what are you going to use the rear seat for? Once you put any seat in with harnesses, the harnesses must hook up to something. So once you put a rollbar in it's useless anyway :/ Unless you get a removable harness bar.

GT3 seats in natural brown would be gorgeous!

+1 Removable harness bar which I think autopower has one.

Or get the Das bar, it's gret quality, and you can still access the back seats as it leaves the majority of the torso up area clear in the back. I probably would have liked it better than the GMG bar I have except you have to drill holes for it, and it's not as pretty.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I am for the removable...what Sean_996 and I had decided on ....we all think alike. I am thinking custom fabrication to make a 2 hour removal 2 minutes.....really. Instant track car from dd....

Spoke to the local PCA shop (got advice from a 6so'er).....Recaro makes a folding seat. The real question is can they do "natural" brown for less than the US deficit....

I have a 7yo and 4yo who love to ride in dad's car....I have driven with all four of us to "grandma's" house over 25 x....

The AvicD3 is wired to play video from an ipod...and it does. They watch "cars" or the like....

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 03-20-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I did that June Watkins Glen event lastyear... Lots of fun... Won't be able to make it this year!
Mike

Old 03-20-2008, 11:32 AM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 930man
I am trying to make that event!!!!
I'll try to be there too.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
oh no guys...hahahahahah

btw, this thread passed 1k posts a bit ago...DAYUM!!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by datax
I'll try to be there too.
Well just a "thought". We could also consider Chin events or NASA events or PCA races. would be great if even once or twice a year we pick some awesome event like a VIR and meet up!!

Again, was great seeing all you guys!! I am still looking for a new front splitter!! I am sure this would have taken my 2:11 lap to sub 10 if I had one on!!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Well just a "thought". We could also consider Chin events or NASA events or PCA races. would be great if even once or twice a year we pick some awesome event like a VIR and meet up!!

Again, was great seeing all you guys!! I am still looking for a new front splitter!! I am sure this would have taken my 2:11 lap to sub 10 if I had one on!!
Tom. At least 15 seconds.. ;-)

My front splitter is an Ebay copy cat.....was under 300....then shipping about 350. MA Shaw had some OEM quality ones too, more "flexible" but they were 700.....fyi only. The shop in Seatle (Sunset? could get them too....about 750). I used SEM chip guard in satin black...I never painted the bottom of the car....figured it was 10 bucks for the can and I'd be banging on the spoiler a lot.... Best.

I vote for VIR as an annual event! Zone2... Maybe a fall event too....

Old 03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'll be with Chin July 2/3 at VIR Full...

Mike

Old 03-20-2008, 03:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'm in for a Chin or NASA event.

Watkins is a grip though, about the same as a trip to Road America, tough choice.

Last edited by heavychevy; 03-20-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Gary Church is infamous around these parts
Finally got signed up. It looks like a great forum.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Been waitin' for a fast driver to finally get on this site!

Great to see you signed up Gary!

Old 03-20-2008, 03:39 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
bout time Gary welcome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!